Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When I Wake

MilaniGrey
10.15.2012 , 06:52 PM | #61
Can I just hug your Hunter and fix all her problems?
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, ┴illeacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

EverSteam
10.15.2012 , 09:05 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
Can I just hug your Hunter and fix all her problems?
You can you can!
Though I don't think Torian would like that

-----

Also, updated Yours to Hold with Torian's recent take on events. Will be more soon.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=541733

Read and tell me what you think.

MilaniGrey
10.15.2012 , 11:13 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
You can you can!
Though I don't think Torian would like that

-----

Also, updated Yours to Hold with Torian's recent take on events. Will be more soon.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=541733

Read and tell me what you think.
;o He wouldn't get too jealous over a friendly hug between two women, would he?
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

EverSteam
10.16.2012 , 12:40 AM | #64
;o He wouldn't get too jealous over a friendly hug between two women, would he?
*Thinks* Pretty sure his response would go something similar to this:

I stand in the doorway, arm raised to knock. But I don't.

I watch them for a while. Cyare doesn't respond to the others hug for a moment. Think she's more than a little shocked. But then she wraps her arms around the other woman and seems to cry. They don't see me. And I leave before they notice. I don't belong in that picture.

Go down stairs and practice my aim. Try to focus on the target. But I keep seeing them. Don't know why it makes me so frustrated and sad. Suppose I feel a little dejected. Know it should be me there. I want it to be me. I should be the one comforting her. Even if it is only as friends. For now, that would be enough. But I'm not even doing that. Guess I'm scared of being rejected. Or shot.

I look at the target. All eight shots aren't even inside the circles. I give up and return to packing my bags. Gonna leave tonight. No use to her. She's got all the comfort she needs. When she wakes, I always leave. Guess I'm too shy to comfort her like that. Open and remembered. Don't know how she'd react. More than a little bit of a coward for it. But that small help, to calm her dreams, is all that I can do. For now.

Guess I'm jealous, too. Would be mad if it were Gault. Or any other competition. For now, it just reminds me of far away she is from me. She's my bullseye. And I'm not even on the board.

MilaniGrey
10.16.2012 , 12:44 AM | #65
*Thinks* Pretty sure his response would go something similar to this:

I stand in the doorway, arm raised to knock. But I don't.

I watch them for a while. Cyare doesn't respond to the others hug for a moment. Think she's more than a little shocked. But then she wraps her arms around the other woman and seems to cry. They don't see me. And I leave before they notice. I don't belong in that picture.

Go down stairs and practice my aim. Try to focus on the target. But I keep seeing them. Don't know why it makes me so frustrated and sad. Suppose I feel a little dejected. Know it should be me there. I want it to be me. I should be the one comforting her. Even if it is only as friends. For now, that would be enough. But I'm not even doing that. Guess I'm scared of being rejected. Or shot.

I look at the target. All eight shots aren't even inside the circles. I give up and return to packing my bags. Gonna leave tonight. No use to her. She's got all the comfort she needs. When she wakes, I always leave. Guess I'm too shy to comfort her like that. Open and remembered. Don't know how she'd react. More than a little bit of a coward for it. But that small help, to calm her dreams, is all that I can do. For now.

Guess I'm jealous, too. Would be mad if it were Gault. Or any other competition. For now, it just reminds me of far away she is from me. She's my bullseye. And I'm not even on the board.
Now I feel terrible for just giving the woman a hug! D; I'm sorry, Torian! Don't hate me. ; _ ;
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

EverSteam
10.16.2012 , 11:08 PM | #66
Now I feel terrible for just giving the woman a hug! D; I'm sorry, Torian! Don't hate me. ; _ ;
Lol
I wrote a perfect reply to that but then the servers went down before I could submit it

-----

On Hoth
(again) three weeks later...

When I land on Hoth, he isn't there.

My chest sinks. A little disappointed. I haven't heard from him since he left. I hope he is ok. I had time to reflect in my isolation. And remove the droids vocabulator. I can't deny I need him. Spent my time sitting in the cargo hold. Thinking things over. Remembering everything ever said. 'I'll see you again', huh? Not much of a promise to put any hopes into. Don't know why I am.

Also trained a lot. Kept in shape. Fitted the droid with armour and programmed him to be able to use a blaster. Not a very good shot, but better than no practice at all. I also researched. Read the datapads over and over. Searched the holo net. Can't find much of a trace of It. Wonder if it was ever told about me. Or if They kept us both in the dark. Find the rest of the trackers and destroy them. Went and took out another base. Hoped to find some more info. And I want to kill them. And basically, just because I can. Games gotten serious now. I'm not going to hold back.

When I see Mako and Gault standing in the hanger bay, we both stand watching each other. I didn't know what to do. What to say. Mako made the first move. Before I could do anything, she was hugging me. Made cringe. 'I'm sorry' she repeated over and over again. Don't really care. Gault only watched.

Behind Mako's back I stretch out my arm and finger and making them into a gun. I aim it at Gault. I pretend to shoot. I wink. He shrugs. I know it's ok. Surprisingly, we always manage to be ok. But it will still take time. And most likely credits. Lots of credits.

They catch me up. We just spend the day talking. I don't talk about where I was. But they have plenty of stories. They seem to be getting along well. It is odd. I would have never guessed. Torian calls me and leaves a message. He will arrive tonight.

We all drink and make a toast to life.

Mako goes to bed when we get back to the ship. Gault stays up with me. I tell him the outline of how things went down. I've never said sorry to someone before. And I don't want the first to be to Gault. I suppose I really owe it to Torian. When he gets back, I think I might say it to him. And thank you.

'So how are you and Torian? Surprised when he called us and said he wasn't coming back with you.' Gault seems more sober tonight. We are not the same anymore. This relationship was tested and he walked. Still, I want to talk to him.

'I don't know. It's different now. Didn't expect what he has done so far. Don't really expect anymore or for him to come back. But I still want it. More than anything. More than winning a thousand Great Hunts.'

'Yeah, yeah. I get it. You love the kid. Spare me, please.' I lightly punch Gault's shoulder. He gets up and leaves. 'Nice to have you back.'

'Nice to be back.' I say it to no one. I sit on my crate and wait for Torian to return. I thought about going to bed and waking to find him at breakfast in the morning. The easier path. But I don't take it. I stay up.

And wait.

MilaniGrey
10.16.2012 , 11:36 PM | #67
...How about a group hug with your Hunter and Torian?
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

EverSteam
10.17.2012 , 04:57 AM | #68
A few hours later....

I pour ale into his empty waiting cup when he comes through the door. It's early morning. Or late night. Depends on your point of view.

He comes and sits across from me. He looks alive. Happy. In his serious kind of way. Seems to have gotten a tan. Or maybe that's just dirt... Face is far from clean shaven. And he kind of smells. Don't think I've ever seen Torian dirty before. A little weird. But I think I like this Torian more. Even on Taris when we traveled together for a week or so, he always somehow managed to be clean.

He takes the drink silently and I pour him another. I smile a little weak thing. He smiles back. I want him to grin.

'How was it? Tell all.' I am happy to see him. I cherish this moment. I am glad I stayed up. I have forgotten everything else, and take refuge in this moment. I didn't think I would feel it so strongly. Not till he walked in. And I saw him. I don't think I was made for happiness, but somehow, after so very, very, very long, it has found me again.

'Amazing. Met Corridan and half my unit on Duxn. Good hunting. Bomas and Maalraas mostly.' He is so animated. Yes, this was definitely worth staying up for. 'Jagger bagged himself a Zakkeg. Lucky jare.'

He goes on and tells me more details. I like it when he speaks about thing like this, the way he slips in and out of Mando'a, speaking quickly. I am a little sad to have not been there. To see Torian hunt. I don't have to ask if it was fun.

'I'll show you sometime.' I nod. I would like that. I put a small hope into the half promise.

'You didn't bring me back anything?' I lean back against the large crate I moved there. It kind of makes a throne. 'No fire side rug?' I am teasing. I didn't expect anything.

For a moment, something sad and regretful paces across his face. 'Need a fire place first. But tried. Maalraas aren't known for their hide, only their mange. Got a couple more stories to tell. Can't ask for more than that.' I can take a hint. But at that moment, a nudge was like a rocket in the face. Guess I don't deserve more. So I nod and encourage him to tell them. He refuses to. Stories for another morning. 'Back to hunting prey on two legs. Right?'

I'm not sure what he means. I ignore an allusion to anything else but the pirates here on Hoth and our Trandoshian target. I give him a rundown of the briefing Mako and Gault gave me. Then I yawn and say goodnight, order him to have a shower. When I reach the top of the stairs, I look over the rail to him below. He is staring at the stairs. I wonder what he sees.

'And, Torian. Welcome home.'

He looks up at me and grins.

EverSteam
10.17.2012 , 04:57 AM | #69
...How about a group hug with your Hunter and Torian?
I'm sure that would be acceptable

MilaniGrey
10.17.2012 , 10:05 AM | #70
I'm sure that would be acceptable
Much better!
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!