Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can't felmale BH have romance with Gault?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why can't felmale BH have romance with Gault?

sockrocker
10.02.2012 , 06:09 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
Khem Val for female Inquisitor! Now!
Hahahaha. But then again I like head tentacles (sorry, lekku) so whatever floats your boat
"I haven't felt this alive since Tatooine; the first time!"

Prodent
04.11.2013 , 11:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Kaylio is also ugly but she's a romance option.
dude, i think Kaliyo looks just fine for a bald woman

SithKoriandr
04.12.2013 , 03:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He's a funny guy and not extremely weird like some other alien companions and fit BH's style.
Because you really REALLY want to kill him at first!

That's my best guess.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Seireeni
04.12.2013 , 07:38 AM | #24
Judging by the picture, he's too "alien". (My BH is on Tatooine, I haven't got this companion yet). Romanceble companions tend to be humans or humanoid really close to humans, and I guess there's an explanation on this: Khem Val finding a human sexually interesting is like...a human finding a shark sexually interesting. Not likely to happen. So, it could happen, since both are specias that are able to think and communicate with each other, so they could just fall in love with the personality and then ignore the looks, but I don't think every alien "not enough" humanoid companion would be able to do that.

To the conversation going on beneath the actual topic, about how some romance options suck, the problem is that when you might hate that romance option, someone else likes him/her. Torian? Haven't met, but when I made a female bh, my friend said that I was so lucky because I would get an awesome romance option, she herself had a male bh and she's actually planning to make a female one too to romance Torian. Vector? One of the favourite companions of another friend of mine, she made a female agent to romance him. Kaliyo? Absolutely my favourite companion. Quinn? In my top 3 of favourite companions with Kaliyo and Tharan.

Aebrynis
04.12.2013 , 07:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayslinn_Iduviel View Post
Lt. K. Alenko style i think (Mass Effect series): only "hot" and "charming" men for females option, just to nurse the fangirls ego.

But don't worrie, there are female classes that are in a worst romance options situation than you

Spoiler
Sith Inquisitor gets the short end of the stick, from every conceivable angle. Regardless of gender, the options suck. Andronikos is a pinheaded bully-boy, and Ashara is a whiny, retentive little twit. If a player is NOT interested in any sort of romance, Inquisitor is the only choice. Every other class has better (and sometimes multiple) options, but Inquisitor romance is the final word in 'Fail'.

Seireeni
04.12.2013 , 07:45 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
Sith Inquisitor gets the short end of the stick, from every conceivable angle. Regardless of gender, the options suck. Andronikos is a pinheaded bully-boy, and Ashara is a whiny, retentive little twit. If a player is NOT interested in any sort of romance, Inquisitor is the only choice. Every other class has better (and sometimes multiple) options, but Inquisitor romance is the final word in 'Fail'.
And poor me thought that romancing Andronikos was actually quite fun. :(

It's a matter of opinion. But I do also hate Ashara. xD

Mercurial_Harpy
04.12.2013 , 08:26 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by sockrocker View Post
Are you mad!?
As for the main topic, as a male BH I am actually surprised to learn that Gault is not an option for females. I knew Torian would be, him being a pretty boy and all. But Gault has at least twice the personality, wit and charm.
...so I may be totally off here. But when I met Gault, my Gay-dar went up. I assumed he wasn't into chicks. That's just the vibe I got. Just like with Kaliyo, it's fairly obvious she'll take both men and women. I know if you play through Gault's story there is a woman he was involved with; however, I stand by my original assessment.

And Jeez, what's with the Torian and Andronikos hate??? I love those guys. Sure, Torian is a big kid, but you can fix that.

But I totally agree on the INQ getting shafted. If you're not into pirates and you roll a male, Ashara is just...no. I can't even stand to hear her voice when I send her out slicing. I keep vigil, waiting for Khem to eat her. Someday..someday...
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

Mercurial_Harpy
04.12.2013 , 08:27 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
And poor me thought that romancing Andronikos was actually quite fun.

It's a matter of opinion. But I do also hate Ashara. xD
^ ^ ^

Quoted for TRUTH!
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

xxforcardassia
04.12.2013 , 08:48 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
I actually liked Andronikos, though at first did feel it was odd him going for the SI so quickly, especially since the arc to pick him up included his ex... But I digress. I liked him (still do) and don't see anything too terribly wrong with his personality (better than others out there....).

I also am a fan of Malavai Quinn for my SW, but I also play her as more of a patriot to the Empire with more LS tendencies (save mocking her master for no other reason than its amusing) and he fit into that model well.

That said... I fully support more romance options for classes, especially to include aliens. I'd also love, personally, the options to [Flirt] with companions, even if it wouldn't be recriprocated or turn into anything (sort of like the female SI can do - admittedly only once that I've seen so far - with Drellik). I think on a whole would have allowed for some interesting situations, if nothing else.

SithKoriandr
04.12.2013 , 10:45 AM | #30
Gault always reminds me of Lorne from Angel (spinoff of Buff the Vampire Slayer).

Andronikus, Torian, Quinn, I can never understand how anyone can hate them! I mean, yes, I won't actually run content with Quinn, because he hates every one of my choices, and Vette and DS Jaesa are more fun in the cutscenes and less likely to hate my choices But Quinn's companion storyline I've quite enjoyed!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry