Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR May Still Be Headed Down a Dark Path (LONG POST)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR May Still Be Headed Down a Dark Path (LONG POST)

Khevar
10.03.2012 , 12:12 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I want SWTOR to succeed also, I too am both a "fanboi" and a "hater" at this point in time. The former because well it IS Star Wars, the latter mainly because of Patch 1.4 right now. TBH, Patch 1.4 motivated me to play my Hunter and my Rogue(s) last night instead of playing SWTOR. It was sorta surreal, it felt familiar and yet not so much. What I was struck by most when going to the new continent was how vast it seemed in just one area than most of the "planets" in this game. And that was just one area on one continent. So much to explore. Somehow it "felt" more Massive than SWTOR of late. I have to admit that a spark has been lit. Hmmm, all due to patch 1.4. Heh, Patch 1.4 may be the reason for me leaving SWTOR and going back to WoW full time.
Even if you go back to WoW, remember to visit these forums from time to time. I like your posts, they're always interesting.

Urael
10.03.2012 , 12:19 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Even if you go back to WoW, remember to visit these forums from time to time. I like your posts, they're always interesting.
Thanks. I can front the sub just to post on the forums, which has of late has become my favorite part of "playing" SWTOR.

Khevar
10.03.2012 , 01:05 PM | #123
Fun fact: I'm not an alt account of Urael's created just to make the above post.

Lunafox
10.03.2012 , 01:19 PM | #124
What was the point of all that? Pfft.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

MOPSFounder
10.03.2012 , 01:57 PM | #125
I want SWTOR to succeed also, I too am both a "fanboi" and a "hater" at this point in time. The former because well it IS Star Wars, the latter mainly because of Patch 1.4 right now. TBH, Patch 1.4 motivated me to play my Hunter and my Rogue(s) last night instead of playing SWTOR. It was sorta surreal, it felt familiar and yet not so much. What I was struck by most when going to the new continent was how vast it seemed in just one area than most of the "planets" in this game. And that was just one area on one continent. So much to explore. Somehow it "felt" more Massive than SWTOR of late. I have to admit that a spark has been lit. Hmmm, all due to patch 1.4. Heh, Patch 1.4 may be the reason for me leaving SWTOR and going back to WoW full time.
Interesting posts, my friend!

I think one thing the devs should NOT do is add new planets. Instead, they should greatly add "[Heroic]" planet expansions for all planets that they've made. I remember seeing a post from the SWTOR Facebook page saying: "Which is your favorite planet to explore?" I was so confused, because thinking about it I had no favorite planet to explore at all. Even planets like Belsavis felt so enclosed and I liked the environment and all, but it didn't feel immersible.

They're planning on adding Makeb, but the exploration of that planet may end somewhere like all the other ones. I have not been impressed with ANY of the planets whatsoever—especially Coruscant, since I happen to be from NYC.

Spatology
10.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #126
Not informative, contained the same old garbage ive seen people spewing here.

Waste of time to read, move along.

Urael
10.03.2012 , 02:16 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
Interesting posts, my friend!

I think one thing the devs should NOT do is add new planets. Instead, they should greatly add "[Heroic]" planet expansions for all planets that they've made. I remember seeing a post from the SWTOR Facebook page saying: "Which is your favorite planet to explore?" I was so confused, because thinking about it I had no favorite planet to explore at all. Even planets like Belsavis felt so enclosed and I liked the environment and all, but it didn't feel immersible.

They're planning on adding Makeb, but the exploration of that planet may end somewhere like all the other ones. I have not been impressed with ANY of the planets whatsoever—especially Coruscant, since I happen to be from NYC.
I too would like to see the existing planets "fleshed out" so to speak. I agree as far as the "city" planets are concerned, they aren't much bigger than a NYC "city block".

Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Not informative, contained the same old garbage ive seen people spewing here.

Waste of time to read, move along.
I see you deftly retorted all that you saw wrong with the thread. Good Job! Thanks for the bump.

SpazCats
10.03.2012 , 04:04 PM | #128
My sub here expires tomorrow

I doubt I can bring myself to resub before F2P. I'm going back to WoW for a bit too and check out the expansion.

I will certainly come back here by F2P. Here's hoping Bioware can turn things around and meet some of the potential of this game with F2P.

Happy hunting in what ever MMOs you choose, Urael and MOPSFounder!

Thornsbane
10.03.2012 , 08:00 PM | #129
Freaky thread. Freaky OP. Who gets sooo cut up about liking or not liking a video game?

In my opinion, if your going to be this tense and obsessing about details of an MMO then you will never be happy with one.

Any why go onto its forums and try to tell everyone it sucks?

Freaky behaviour.

Andryah
10.03.2012 , 08:02 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
Any why go onto its forums and try to tell everyone it sucks?
Tim pretty much just explained the whys of this behavior I think.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.