Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG Jedi vs SWTOR Jedi

Malefik
11.08.2012 , 08:41 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
I can't, because I got the Galaxies trial on a 'best of star wars pc games' bundle and d/l a timecode later on...

and you need the original discs for legal reasons to play the Emu.
Yep you do need the discs.
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999

Tinmancreeping
11.10.2012 , 01:18 PM | #32
Most.of.these comments seem based on nge jedi.

Pre nge swg was great.
Really captured epic jedi feeling.
Im a.fan of the dead sandbox mmo.style.tho.
Thempark mmos always get old boring dragged out.
Community makes the best PVP. Without community and a want to destroy the enemy and make them cry, even the best pvp game designs become soulless.
Chilastra 6yr Vet

CdrChaos
11.11.2012 , 03:17 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
You could RP an Imperial Inquisitor. The point of RP is that it's limitless.
I said Jedi, not Dark Jedi. It just goes against canon and lore way too much for a LS Force Sensitive to have sided with the Empire after they systematically went about hunting the Jedi to near extinction.
Colonel Tigh: Yes, we're tired. Yes, there is no relief. Yes, the Cylons keep coming after us time after time after time. And yes, we are still expected to do our jobs!
Commander Adama: We make mistakes, people die. There aren't many of us left.

Doqtyr
11.11.2012 , 09:57 AM | #34
Of coarse, just like a Jedi can turn to the Dark Side of the force a Sith Inquisitor may be sympathetic to the ideals of the Jedi.
0))))))))))O))){)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

We may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Larce_Apollo
11.11.2012 , 11:00 PM | #35
SWG Jedi for: Pre-NGE Jedi were tough to get due to trials and grinding, but the reward in the end, having a fully specced and decked jedi was awesome.

It failed in lore and general appeal for "fun" due to the insane grind.

TOR Jedi: For Lore and Story any day, it makes sense, it fits, and you don't have a sense that the reality you are playing is in some manner perverted and distorted.

In short being a jedi or sith doesn't break with the lore reality of the timeline where in SWG it did.

Larce Apollo - Jedi Knight/Guardian Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
Begeren Colony Server

CristChiLu
11.12.2012 , 01:30 PM | #36
Pre-cu FRS rank 4 Jedi Guardian on Valcyn - 31 professions grinded before they even put in Aurilia.

There is no comparison to the "Game Experience" that those Jedi including myself had.
There will never be a "Game Experience" like it again, the gaming culture doesn't have the patience for it.

I was spoiled.

SWtor is the spoiled grand kid of SWG that wasted his inheritance on pickles and chocolates.

Master Crist Due
Jedi Guardian
Bloodline

Malefik
11.14.2012 , 12:30 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by CristChiLu View Post
Pre-cu FRS rank 4 Jedi Guardian on Valcyn - 31 professions grinded before they even put in Aurilia.

There is no comparison to the "Game Experience" that those Jedi including myself had.
There will never be a "Game Experience" like it again, the gaming culture doesn't have the patience for it.

I was spoiled.

SWtor is the spoiled grand kid of SWG that wasted his inheritance on pickles and chocolates.
I used to fly with the 77th bomb group (insert proud emote here) on Valcyn. /;sigh
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999

seatown
11.17.2012 , 08:20 PM | #38
ToR Jedi over SWG jedi any day. I loved SWG, had a jedi pre-CU when they were a force to be reckoned with. But ToR animations are better, skill variety is better, combat in general is funner, the overall feel of it plus the addition of story is just a better experience FOR ME.

Though SWG did have hood up and hood down robes, and robes with full sleeves for that matter.