Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG Jedi vs SWTOR Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
SWG Jedi vs SWTOR Jedi

Yoverion
09.22.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1
SWG Jedi Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiRfgsSapMA

Which is better? discuss below

Galland
09.26.2012 , 12:28 PM | #2
SWG Jedi, any day of the week. Come to think about it... SWG over SW:Tor any day of the week :S

Jeffor
09.26.2012 , 12:33 PM | #3
Yes SWG was a better game overall so their Jedi win by default.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 01:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoverion View Post
SWG Jedi Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiRfgsSapMA

Which is better? discuss below
Your video does not work.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Eillack
10.02.2012 , 12:02 PM | #5
Ummmm

You removed the video OP...

But anyway SWG LSJ was a lot more fun. Having full deflection and then having mediation buff ontop of that made me a beast when I was LSJ that is....

I pretty much killed most of the players that I went up against in Restuss unless it was the known group of hackers of couese...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

CdrChaos
10.24.2012 , 08:10 AM | #6
Male Knights in SWTOR are voiced by David Hayter, a.k.a. SOLID SNAKE from MGS. Our Padawan is voiced by Chun-Li from Street Fighter IV, we can wear actual armor (Elder Robes weren't obtainable after the NGE) or classic robes with hoods, we can spec to dual wield lightsabers, and don't have to go through a whole ordeal to craft a new lightsaber every 5 levels. Also, space battles.
Colonel Tigh: Yes, we're tired. Yes, there is no relief. Yes, the Cylons keep coming after us time after time after time. And yes, we are still expected to do our jobs!
Commander Adama: We make mistakes, people die. There aren't many of us left.

byteresistor
10.24.2012 , 09:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CdrChaos View Post
Also, space battles.

You mean the god awful mini game on rails which serves no ingame purpose? Riiiight...

CdrChaos
10.25.2012 , 07:03 PM | #8
As opposed to how seamless (sarcasm) and easy (sarcasm) it was to find big space battles in SWG and play them without having to grind 30 levels (sarcasm) before you could play them and not get vaporized by anything over Tier 1? Yeah, those were great. (Sarcasm)

Oh, and cause getting to finally fly an X-Wing was the simplest task ever.
Colonel Tigh: Yes, we're tired. Yes, there is no relief. Yes, the Cylons keep coming after us time after time after time. And yes, we are still expected to do our jobs!
Commander Adama: We make mistakes, people die. There aren't many of us left.

Senden
10.26.2012 , 04:13 PM | #9
As opposed to how seamless (sarcasm) and easy (sarcasm) it was to find big space battles in SWG and play them without having to grind 30 levels (sarcasm) before you could play them and not get vaporized by anything over Tier 1? Yeah, those were great. (Sarcasm)

SWTOR's space battles: last minute mini game addition just to say they have space battles.

SWG's space battles: Full expansion upon itself and something that belongs in an MMO.

Those were the days of MMOs before WoW came along and brought all the ADD kids who want everything without having to work for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Ahono
10.28.2012 , 09:43 AM | #10

I never had a problem with that in SWG. On a few of the other points you mentioned earlier. In swg granted for sabers there was no dual wield option but you were not pigeon holed into either single blade or double blade you could use either at will. Which they could have done in this game the same way they did it in the KOTOR games this game is based on. Also there was gear jedi could get that had hoods i.e. shatter point cloak and cloak of hate depending if you were lsj or dsj. I do like that in tor you can choose whether to do damage or tank if you are a Jedi where as in swg if you were lsj you were a tank and if you were dsj you were dps. I also like that in tor you can also choose to be a healer were as in swg you only had self heals. Imho space was much better in swg where you actually got to choose the direction in which you could fly. Also in a space mission you could choose which targets to focus on rather then being told you have the fastest ship in the galaxy yet 90% of the ships you fight pass you so you can shoot them.
The force surrounds us penetrates us it binds us together.(○█║█║█║█╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)