Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

DarthAeonis
09.27.2012 , 10:25 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
Lucas will replace Revan with cartoon Gungans and Ewoks if you keep it up
*chants sith curse upon liquidacid*
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

GarfieldJL
09.27.2012 , 10:36 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
A detoriating body isn't really a fall-back in a fight.

We saw how fast Palps moved in Ep. 3 or Yoda in Ep. 2 and Ep. 3.

Age means nothing in a force-wielders fight.
Did we see Yoda's body suffer massive deterioration from massive force feats, no we did not. There is a reason for this, while Palpatine was still able to augment himself to move incredibly quickly in Episode III, that didn't change the fact his body suffered some serious damage; damage that Yoda did not suffer.

While the darkside may be quicker and easier, it also seems to carry a terrible price for the wielder from a physical standpoint.

BrandonSM
09.28.2012 , 04:25 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Did we see Yoda's body suffer massive deterioration from massive force feats, no we did not. There is a reason for this, while Palpatine was still able to augment himself to move incredibly quickly in Episode III, that didn't change the fact his body suffered some serious damage; damage that Yoda did not suffer.

While the darkside may be quicker and easier, it also seems to carry a terrible price for the wielder from a physical standpoint.
Shouldn't a detoriating body be a plus for a dark-sider? Especially with ones like Sion or Sidious who have been known to channel pain into rage.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Liquidacid
09.28.2012 , 04:46 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Shouldn't a detoriating body be a plus for a dark-sider? Especially with ones like Sion or Sidious who have been known to channel pain into rage.
also Palpy could jump bodies so burning through them wasn't a very big deal... so he trashes one he can just hop into a nice fresh cloned one...

But it's not just the Darkside that does it... in the EU numerous times when Luke is really channeling hard he has stated that the raw power of that much of the force flowing through him was literally bursting and burning cells in his body... I'm pretty sure the reason Palpy had it like he did, and why a lot of darkside users do, wasn't just because it was darkside energy but because they don't restrain themselves like Luke and Jedi did... They constantly suck in all the power they can
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

grandmthethird
10.07.2012 , 08:29 AM | #165
oh dear, think we have all been missing one very important point.

this 4 person match up, seems very familiar to me, ah yes wrestling. they have these kind of matches all the time in wrestling, and the main reason for having one, is so the weak person that could never stand toe to toe with the OP ppl, can win.

so looking at it this way, whoever you think is the weak person, will actually be the winner
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

BrandonSM
10.07.2012 , 11:02 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post

this 4 person match up, seems very familiar to me, ah yes wrestling. they have these kind of matches all the time in wrestling, and the main reason for having one, is so the weak person that could never stand toe to toe with the OP ppl, can win.

so looking at it this way, whoever you think is the weak person, will actually be the winner
Heh...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Newyankalt
10.07.2012 , 02:02 PM | #167
Exar kun and vader may be stronger than revan but I still think revan would find some tactical way to win like sitting back and waiting.

ReiKai
10.07.2012 , 06:31 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post

Except for one major fault in your logic; Wrestling's fake and controlled by corporate bigwigs.

Oh and whoever you thought was going to win because he was 'weaker' than the rest, ends up getting jumped by Chris Jehrico with a steel chair and throwing himself in as a "new challenger".
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

grandmthethird
10.07.2012 , 08:33 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Except for one major fault in your logic; Wrestling's fake and controlled by corporate bigwigs.

Oh and whoever you thought was going to win because he was 'weaker' than the rest, ends up getting jumped by Chris Jehrico with a steel chair and throwing himself in as a "new challenger".
tBH. I saw ppl talking about this thread and thought I'd give it a bump. But you bring up a valid point.

The winner would be the one with the steel chair
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

BlznSmri
10.07.2012 , 09:00 PM | #170
If Vader had no Cybernetics, Vader hands down. Otherwise, I'd have to go with Bane I think.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics