Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Livestream Q&A transcript

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Livestream Q&A transcript

Insomnio
09.21.2012 , 07:20 PM | #21
Anything new at all in this "update"? Skimming through the transcript looks like nothing new, except a semi verification that new species will be pay to play even for subs. Im looking for good news, but having a hard time recognizing anything as good and exciting.

Ditolus
09.21.2012 , 07:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
It's just you. There is a lot of good info here.
actually everything they said they have said before. so again this live stream was pointless.

ckjawa
09.21.2012 , 07:44 PM | #23
I just don't want to be subbed and find out most if not all the legacy stuff is p2p. Some of it I can live without but the highlight of making alts is being able to unlock most of it.

Vegabond
09.21.2012 , 07:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Caligari View Post
As always, THANK YOU, Dulfy!
+1 as well

quantumsheep
09.21.2012 , 07:50 PM | #25
Thanks Dulfy for the write up

This stuck out and bothered me:

"We also have a really cool thing called Cartel packs. Cartel packs you buy give you a random assortment of really cool items and a chance to get some of the cooler items that maybe in the game (not powerful, but very cool they going to make you look AMAZING!)"

I think it's because, as I understand it, Star Trek Online did a similar thing, and I'd read horror stories of having to buy loads of these 'lockboxes' to get exactly what you'd like.

It's the 'random' and 'a chance to get' bits that bothered me I think!

Otherwise it was an interesting if not particularly enlightening watch.

QS
The Progenitor
Hicks /Soir/Quantumsheep/Gradius/Huddson/Galaga
What I DO

Andryah
09.21.2012 , 07:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
I am not sure if it will be cash shop only, just it will be unlockable via the cash shop
Exactly. People need to not jump to conclusions in the absence of facts released as "finished for release" by the company.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

odericko
09.21.2012 , 07:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Caligari View Post
As always, THANK YOU, Dulfy!
This. Transcript is appreciated

But sadly, there wasn't much new info in here. The biggest thing to me was more content planned for smaller groups, the fact species will be purchasable in the shop (which I would have guessed to be the case anyways), and they're still working on the hood toggle option.

At least the devs did this, though. It shows they are at least trying to satisfy the community.
Hiltar - Bounty Hunter - Jung Ma

Andryah
09.21.2012 , 07:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
actually everything they said they have said before. so again this live stream was pointless.
Incorrect. You must have skimmed and not taken time to digest the specifics of what was said.

Like this one for example- Alluded to by them previously, but never said specifically before:

We are not going to sell things in the game that are allowing players to be competitive at endgame PvP or PvE

Take some time to actually read and assimilate. Maybe they did not answer your pet question, I get that.

Andryah
09.21.2012 , 07:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
I got the same impression.

One other way to look at things is this: subscribed folks get it by default and lose access to it if they go freemium. We`ll have to wait and see, I guess, since there won`t be any other information about this until it actually makes its way onto the servers.
They specifically said there is NO TIMELINE yet for Cathar release to the game. My bet..... first expansion box (ie: expansion sold retail, you know like every other AAA expansion for MMOs). That is precisely when most MMOs introduce new playable races.

Insomnio
09.21.2012 , 07:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Incorrect. You must have skimmed and not taken time to digest the specifics of what was said.

Like this one for example- Alluded to by them previously, but never said specifically before:

We are not going to sell things in the game that are allowing players to be competitive at endgame PvP or PvE

Take some time to actually read and assimilate. Maybe they did not answer your pet question, I get that.
They said previously it would not be "pay 2 win" in their eyes- so that is not a new statement. It is all things we have heard before, not a thing new. Why bother with a live stream? Just do a summary write up and post it on the forums. The live stream was no different than a weekly Q&A, except someone in the community had to actually write it up and post the content