Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rincewend
10.10.2012 , 09:20 PM | #501
I made the switch to US server east coast after the first event ended and D3 came out. I had my main in one guild and Alt in another and both guilds un-subbed almost completely when the population did it's first big drop.

The Lag currently is 50-75 for me in Taiwan on a east coast server I know I have a really good connection. I would love to come back in play on a server in my region, but lets be honest I don't want to endless run dalies waiting for PVP to pop or a HM FP.

I can say I am not alone, on the east coast server (9:00am Server Time) there is 150-250 on fleet, and most that I have been puging with (20-30 on my friend list) are from asia too, all re-rolled tired of waiting for BW/EA to do something. We thought of forming a new Guild Asia Outcasts. We have done the HM FP and OP's and the lag does not kill us, only th lag spikes we get every ounce in a while, but I used to get the same thing on Asia servers.

If you are going to keep playing I would suggest re-roll on a server with a good ping for you, atleast you can play with others until/If they ever address this.

wellymace
10.10.2012 , 10:06 PM | #502
Bioware actually treated Oceanic players appallingly over the connection issues that went on for months and affected most guilds due to raiding numbers. Things never recovered.

The decline in population was affected dramatically during this prolonged event which was indeed a Vocus issue which should have been corrected within a week with decent network diagnosis tools.

Just maybe Bioware employees are actually laughing at this community and find it all amusing. They are probably going to let it continue until they close the servers down.

Most raiding guilds including the one I am in are finding it near impossible to raid as they cannot recruit players to fill the gaps left by departing players.

Good stuff Bioware....you are true customer champions!!!

elitenz
10.10.2012 , 10:51 PM | #503
the oceanic scene is pretty much dead now wait for bioware to put the blame on the community for not supporting there product.

Now " Joveth Gonzalez the Online Community Manager " your a real jerk you gave the people that were left hope that something may happen but you went dark and left people waiting for over 3 weeks to come back with the same lame answer maybe it's time you give up because if you can't get justice for your community and when they have lost faith in you it's time to open that green door go through and close it behind you and never look back. So man sort out your community or **** because we don't want you.

FatEdd
10.10.2012 , 11:41 PM | #504
I think, possibly you may need to get yourself a job mate, yes, no?. Very nice write up and all, lots of time wasted on it, not that it is of any interest to me, but do you not think it is a little sad to nit pick at everything?, because I do. You remind me of an elderly person in a small village in England, what we call a curtain puller at every movement outside. That is what you are geeze, a curtain puller.

I tend to watch what is happening on the server I am on, and it is heavily populated, lots going on, good and not so good. I have come to the conclusion that this post is merely put up for inciting trouble, for something that probably does not even effect you and certainly does not effect me or most people in this game, which makes the entire post is to your surprise NON VALID in my eyes.

Many thanks

FatEdd

Darkfalconheart
10.11.2012 , 12:00 AM | #505
Okay, I admit I am not from APAC region but playing on Dalborra. 400ms lag usually, but it works. And I HATE to rain on people's parades here but someone may have to.

I doubt they will merge the server, because there are only 3 servers with each ruleset. And much as some people may claim in the forums that all people on the PVP server are okay with merging to Dalborra, there will always be many who are silent and disagree. So I think them merging us is totally unlikely.

What could be done is people coming and making new chars and legacies on Dalborra - I know its work and annoying but doable. That way you could show how many truly want to move... and maybe convince BW to invest into some better server tech to help with the lag.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and go. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."

TrueNovaZero
10.11.2012 , 12:30 AM | #506
That's a subject that's been addressed. Read the threads that've been linked.That is the general consensus - while not everyone wants to generally merge , those that don't still want an option to move out.The option isn't available.A post was made that the issue was discussed but despite it raising hopes the pillars on Gav Daragon know better - they've been trying to keep the community together and have done well considering. They've been patient but when you look at your account and find 15 bucks missing you ask yourself "is this worth it?" And for many the answer is beginning to lean towards "no".

Cheers guys.

wellymace
10.11.2012 , 12:34 AM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by FatEdd View Post
I think, possibly you may need to get yourself a job mate, yes, no?. Very nice write up and all, lots of time wasted on it, not that it is of any interest to me, but do you not think it is a little sad to nit pick at everything?, because I do. You remind me of an elderly person in a small village in England, what we call a curtain puller at every movement outside. That is what you are geeze, a curtain puller.

I tend to watch what is happening on the server I am on, and it is heavily populated, lots going on, good and not so good. I have come to the conclusion that this post is merely put up for inciting trouble, for something that probably does not even effect you and certainly does not effect me or most people in this game, which makes the entire post is to your surprise NON VALID in my eyes.

Many thanks

FatEdd
fatty. . .
You talk utter crap dude....great you wasted the time to respond to a thread that doesn't interest you.

I think you may have pulled a few too many curtains and have run out of anything substantial to pull.

randalthorr
10.11.2012 , 12:58 AM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfalconheart View Post
Okay,

I doubt they will merge the server, because there are only 3 servers with each ruleset. And much as some people may claim in the forums that all people on the PVP server are okay with merging to Dalborra, there will always be many who are silent and disagree. So I think them merging us is totally unlikely.

Yeah and what real reason is there for a pvp server? Please elaborate
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

Esno
10.11.2012 , 02:27 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkfalconheart View Post
Fine then don't merge the servers but..... give people the option to transfer from the PVP / RP servers to PVE server if they wish. It has been done already when we were given the option to transfer from US servers to an APAC server of our choosing, there just happened to be more people on the PVE server after the transfers were complete and still are more activily playing.

Besides it would be in BW/EAs best interest to offer this to subscribed players (some may reactivate to take up offer) prior to F2P kicking in which i doubt will bring in any major numbers, maybe a few casual players coming to have a look, considering that JB HiFi is already selling the game for $13 - $14
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

nokizaru
10.11.2012 , 08:59 AM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by wellymace View Post
fatty. . .
You talk utter crap dude....great you wasted the time to respond to a thread that doesn't interest you.

I think you may have pulled a few too many curtains and have run out of anything substantial to pull.
I did lol. Apparently writing a meaningful and constructive post is a sure sign that you're jobless. I guess Fatty must have one hell of a job, because his post couldn't be any more pointless or off the mark.
Stop exploding you cowards!