Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonnara
03.29.2013 , 05:34 PM | #4681
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
Let's assume that we are right that this is a purely financial decision.

Considering that this is an EA game, we can also assume it is being hosted in the EA server farm for Australia.
http://users.tpg.com.au/j0nnara2/apac.jpg

Servers are at Vocus Communications at North Sydney have a look at my screen cap. EA is paying for hosting they don't seem to have a server farm here.
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

PurpleCliff
03.29.2013 , 05:43 PM | #4682
I'll admit I'm accepting it now. However annoying the whole situation is, I sure will love the excessive population we'll soon have.

Now the tough decision of whether to go to The Harbinger or The Bastion... Where are you current Master Dar'Nala folks going?
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Jonnara
03.29.2013 , 05:44 PM | #4683
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
I'll admit I'm accepting it now. However annoying the whole situation is, I sure will love the excessive population we'll soon have.

Now the tough decision of whether to go to The Harbinger or The Bastion... Where are you current Master Dar'Nala folks going?
I have re rolled on Harbinger and already have 2 50s on there so i am going there.
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

Elysiah
03.29.2013 , 07:38 PM | #4684
Quote: Originally Posted by O_JohnnyBravo_O View Post
Not even 1,000 signatures on the petition yet. Just give it up.

I levelled a Shadow over the double xp weekend and was lucky to see five people on the later planets like Quesh and Voss and this was on Dalborra. Other levelling planets from about Alderaan were lucky to have 30 people.

So if Dalborra had 5 on the later planets then the other two servers would have less thus a merge wouldn't do anything.

Looking forward to moving to play with our US friends.

I hope they move us before 2.0. The only reason I say this is because I'd like a bit of contingency time to be considered if something stuffs up with the move and my RotHC experience is hindered/delayed in someway because of a miss-transferred character.

So maintenance this Tuesday would be nice. Thanks!
Yeah i feel the same way mate.

Elysiah
03.29.2013 , 07:44 PM | #4685
Look there is no way Ea/bioware will reverse their decision.
The MAIN problem with the APAC servers was population. They have given us a solution.
Eric has already stated why an apac merger isnt going ahead so this petition going around (which is against forum guidlines - to post petitions to change the game) Wont reverse the decision. This is happening, i suggest you enjoy the time you have left with your low ping, current guild and community. I just hope they make the change sooner then later.

Marshal_Ney
03.29.2013 , 07:52 PM | #4686
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
Look there is no way Ea/bioware will reverse their decision.
The MAIN problem with the APAC servers was population. They have given us a solution.
Eric has already stated why an apac merger isnt going ahead so this petition going around (which is against forum guidlines - to post petitions to change the game) Wont reverse the decision. This is happening, i suggest you enjoy the time you have left with your low ping, current guild and community. I just hope they make the change sooner then later.
This,i was in the minority of asking a server transfer to a EU server,because i feel culturaly closer to the old continent,so i decided to leave my commando level 50 as it is until we will get a payed server transfer,but at the moment accept the facts that this is their decision,just cope with this,and i find pretty annoying to spam all around the general forum anout the APAC server like little childs,we have this thread here,and it's more than enough.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

darthnish
03.29.2013 , 08:04 PM | #4687
see what i will soon be whinging about is, when the **** are they going to transfer us?

Nommaz
03.29.2013 , 08:19 PM | #4688
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
see what i will soon be whinging about is, when the **** are they going to transfer us?
30 days after official notice is given as per there TOS and EULA
posting here isnt an official notice.

odonoghuet
03.29.2013 , 08:40 PM | #4689
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
When they have a working transfer system... so before the end of the year.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

odonoghuet
03.29.2013 , 08:45 PM | #4690
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonnara View Post
http://users.tpg.com.au/j0nnara2/apac.jpg

Servers are at Vocus Communications at North Sydney have a look at my screen cap. EA is paying for hosting they don't seem to have a server farm here.
Thanks for the leg work, Jonnara.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.