Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amlici
02.19.2013 , 11:15 PM | #2771
They are probably just trying to work out the logistics of trying to merge a pvp, rp and pve server into one The worlds first PVP-RP-PVE superserver.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

ZenomX
02.19.2013 , 11:24 PM | #2772
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
They are probably just trying to work out the logistics of trying to merge a pvp, rp and pve server into one The worlds first PVP-RP-PVE superserver.
Oh really? Does it really take a team of developers in whats supposedly one of the biggest gaming companies in the world this long to work out what they want to do?

I think they know exactly what they can and cant do, they also know that either option (merge/xfer) will cause people to rage quit.

So rather then making a decision and just dealing with the flak they are putting their heads in the sand and are losing people from both camps.

Obirayy
02.19.2013 , 11:25 PM | #2773
Lol I'm with you man, they need time to get it together.

I'm getting an app made at the moment and the time it takes to make changes, test for bugs, fix the bugs, test for more bugs... That's about 2 weeks for a small iPhone app. Everyone is just impatient.

I've also noticed that it doesn't matter what happens the people on this thread just want to fight... First it was ************ about bioware not doing anything, then they replied asking for suggestions so everyone just started fighting with each other. Then you didn't hear from bioware for 1 week so you started talking crap about bioware again. Then they replied saying they are gonna do something about it. Then you started fighting with each other again. AND NOW we are back to ************ about bioware and fighting with each other!
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

ZenomX
02.20.2013 , 12:02 AM | #2774
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Lol I'm with you man, they need time to get it together.

I'm getting an app made at the moment and the time it takes to make changes, test for bugs, fix the bugs, test for more bugs... That's about 2 weeks for a small iPhone app. Everyone is just impatient.

I've also noticed that it doesn't matter what happens the people on this thread just want to fight... First it was ************ about bioware not doing anything, then they replied asking for suggestions so everyone just started fighting with each other. Then you didn't hear from bioware for 1 week so you started talking crap about bioware again. Then they replied saying they are gonna do something about it. Then you started fighting with each other again. AND NOW we are back to ************ about bioware and fighting with each other!
Obiray this isnt a matter of "implementing the technology". Server transfers were implemented to get us over from the US servers originally, the tech is there. This goes for server mergers as we have seen US servers merged.

If they wanted to they could make an announcement and merge us next tuesday during maintenance. They could just as easily open up transfers.

Amlici
02.20.2013 , 12:58 AM | #2775
Quote: Originally Posted by ZenomX View Post
Obiray this isnt a matter of "implementing the technology". Server transfers were implemented to get us over from the US servers originally, the tech is there. This goes for server mergers as we have seen US servers merged.
Yea man but they merged servers of the same game type there not a cluster or different ones. They have to worry about treading on players toes on this one. They could end up losing more money than it's worth.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Mastermhz
02.20.2013 , 01:26 AM | #2776
plz just transfer or merge servers it is a pain starting all over again i mean other mmo can do it why cant star wars do it

OGsam
02.20.2013 , 02:40 AM | #2777
I don't believe anyone who plays on Master Dar'Nala is against losing the "PvP" flag that IS a PvP server.
The issue here is merging a PvE server with a RP server...
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

odonoghuet
02.20.2013 , 04:29 AM | #2778
It is not about what we want any more.

It is not about what we deserve anymore.

It is not even about what is best for the players anymore.

It is about insulting the players by ignoring them for half a year.

EA names this game is one of the biggest earners they have, but since then there has been zero improvement in advertising and customer service. Instead we get a cash grab of a cartel market, and cheap quests with no player voices used let alone player choices.

And in the end, when they finally do something we will all be thankful that whatever basic cheap choice is made because it has taken so long our expectations are in the toilet.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Obirayy
02.20.2013 , 02:40 PM | #2779
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
It is not about what we want any more.

It is not about what we deserve anymore.

It is not even about what is best for the players anymore.

It is about insulting the players by ignoring them for half a year.

EA names this game is one of the biggest earners they have, but since then there has been zero improvement in advertising and customer service. Instead we get a cash grab of a cartel market, and cheap quests with no player voices used let alone player choices.

And in the end, when they finally do something we will all be thankful that whatever basic cheap choice is made because it has taken so long our expectations are in the toilet.
it is not about the money (money money). we dont need your money money money.
we just wanna insult the players, forget about the server merge.

if you constructed your post like that^ then you might have had a valid point.

EDIT: im requesting that all posts to be made in some poem structure or a well known song. bioware please update the forum rules to make this happen!
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Banegio
02.20.2013 , 04:20 PM | #2780
I believe due to the number of different language servers they initially had in EU, some of different server types were merged at the last round of server merge.

Cross server type transfers were also done back when apac servers launch.

So they have done it before.