Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vian
02.18.2013 , 09:15 PM | #2761
Come on, now Bioware; don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. No, nothing is going to please everyone. But at the moment, you aren't pleasing anyone.

If you're waiting till the hypothetical 12 month lease is up on the APAC servers before you implement whatever you are going to implement, tell us, so at least we have a time-frame for change; don't leave us hanging.

And if not, well, doing nothing is not really working. Whatever you do will result in nhowls of protest from someone. Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Bottcobco
02.18.2013 , 11:09 PM | #2762
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
And you think I haven't? I'd rather live with a small population then give up good ping in an mmo which is fairly rare for Australians.
Not trying to be negative or rain on your parade...but Australia is the only place with the great ping. In New Zealand about the best I'll get is 90. It can vary all the way up to 200. From what I hear, it's even worse for Asian markets. I'm all for a server merge but when talking about ping it's good to keep in mind that only Australians are really getting the great ping...might help explain why some people are more keen to leave the servers given a choice.

Mowermanx
02.18.2013 , 11:20 PM | #2763
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
Come on, now Bioware; don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. No, nothing is going to please everyone. But at the moment, you aren't pleasing anyone.

If you're waiting till the hypothetical 12 month lease is up on the APAC servers before you implement whatever you are going to implement, tell us, so at least we have a time-frame for change; don't leave us hanging.

And if not, well, doing nothing is not really working. Whatever you do will result in nhowls of protest from someone. Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.
LOL, you tell that theres no pleasing everyone, then end with that line?
Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.
wow, just wow.

phyzix-
02.19.2013 , 12:34 AM | #2764
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Resign yourself to the fact that there isn't a perfect solution, and implement a good one.
wow, just wow.
I can't see what the problem is . . . am I misreading something? Or Did you?

Amlici
02.19.2013 , 02:43 AM | #2765
Quote: Originally Posted by Bottcobco View Post
Not trying to be negative or rain on your parade...but Australia is the only place with the great ping. In New Zealand about the best I'll get is 90. It can vary all the way up to 200. From what I hear, it's even worse for Asian markets.
90 ms is probably the best i have heard from anyone playing an MMO from NZ. We have alot of Asians in my guild and they do have connection problems at times but most of them seem quite happy. My GM is actually in Japan so he is kinda screwed no matter where they put the servers Unless they do what WoW has done and open one in China or Taiwan or something.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

darthnish
02.19.2013 , 06:13 AM | #2766
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
90 ms is probably the best i have heard from anyone playing an MMO from NZ. We have alot of Asians in my guild and they do have connection problems at times but most of them seem quite happy. My GM is actually in Japan so he is kinda screwed no matter where they put the servers Unless they do what WoW has done and open one in China or Taiwan or something.
id totally play on a Chinese server.

OGsam
02.19.2013 , 10:19 AM | #2767
The lack of action is disturbing.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

vian
02.19.2013 , 03:49 PM | #2768
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
wow, just wow.
Sorry; I don't understand your problem.

A good solution is not a perfect solution.
BUT
A perfect solution does not exist. If BW is waiting for one to magically appear, they are delaying for no reason, and it'd be better for them to face the unpleasant reality that whatever they do is going to upset someone.

A good solution is still going to be better than what we currently have even though inevitably some people will be upset.

So, what's your beef?
Two blasters; no waiting!

MyPetMonkey
02.19.2013 , 10:54 PM | #2769
Meh... Downloaded TERA the other day and back into GW2.

Both games not trying desperately to skim more money out of you.

Had a ban (justified) here after telling Bioware what I thought of their effort in resolving this issue and the ridiculousness of issuing a warning about creating multiple threads.

Apparently having this thread about APAC and another thread about how it's been 153 days without resolving or even updating a section of the community isn't allowed by Bioware.

However 6 threads about repairs is.... And you can have 20 threads about hood toggle..... Or numerous threads about Revans robes clipping....

But not 2 about APAC... Only 1 allowed.... Perhaps Bioware should use the same train of thought with the servers like we've been asking for...

FOR 153 DAYS

Twizitd
02.19.2013 , 10:59 PM | #2770
We still need an ANSWER Bioware