Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

odonoghuet
02.18.2013 , 03:10 AM | #2741
I fear you may be right Sildanar, which would fit why they are dragging it out till the contract on the servers is up after 12 months.

But really is not being honest about this doing them any favours? After all they are losing players now, but how will we feel when they string this out a bunch more weeks then dump us on other servers when it is financially convenient to them?

The biggest complaining portion of this thread are those struggling to do anything group wise. The increased latency will specifically hurt that same base, hence why so many from MDM and GD have spoken up for a server merge to PVE.

They have mishandled this situation to the point that if Bioware doesn't reach out somewhat to us and just takes the option that financial benefits them in the immediate future, that is the most galling abuse of player loyalty I have heard of.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Amlici
02.18.2013 , 03:38 AM | #2742
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
The biggest complaining portion of this thread are those struggling to do anything group wise. The increased latency will specifically hurt that same base, hence why so many from MDM and GD have spoken up for a server merge to PVE.
They really just need to merge you guys into Dalborra or all of us into another APAC superserver, we already have a bigger capacity than your servers apparently and are sitting on standard population most the time. I came back to the game awhile back after a break and joined a struggling social guild and in that time we have got team speak up and running have a full main guild at 500 members and an alt guild and opposing faction guild and we are now beating the progression of the previous members in ops before the guild began struggling.

The Gree event has been alot of fun here aswell The expansion should see an even healthier server than we are currently. I really don't seem to be able fathom your doom and gloom anymore guys i'm sorry.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Leweegibo
02.18.2013 , 06:22 AM | #2743
Things will die off again after this gree event, surely.

Image the glory of merged server for 1.7, mya not be doom and gloom but it would really be fantastic to see
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Blitz-wing
02.18.2013 , 08:19 AM | #2744
WooHoo we are back on Joveth Gonzalez's | Online Community Manager ignore list. Another 3 weeks & no response. This time it was 1.7 release, wonder what it will be next time?

jarshr
02.18.2013 , 09:48 AM | #2745
Quote: Originally Posted by Blitz-wing View Post
WooHoo we are back on Joveth Gonzalez's | Online Community Manager ignore list. Another 3 weeks & no response. This time it was 1.7 release, wonder what it will be next time?
We are sorry to inform you that the APAC servers are closing...a "paid" transfer will be made available to select US servers (the worst 1 that no one wants to go im sure)......we will not be refunding or apologizing as we have no care for the 7 ppl left playing on MDN....cheers and go away.

Dacce
02.18.2013 , 05:22 PM | #2746
Page 4? I don't think so.

Something needs to be done about this. The only thing keeping this server alive is the RAW Tournament.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

phyzix-
02.18.2013 , 05:55 PM | #2747
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildanar View Post
Why I think Bioware is taklng their time on this issue.

Basically there is no good solution.
Good for everyone I mean, as we have seen in this thread there are some quite disparate opinions even within the APAC community.

I myself am in the process of changing my mind. After months of firmly believing that an APAC server merge was the best solution I now believe that it wont work. I now think that they should merge APAC into the respective West Coast servers.
This is Evgen88 on my kids account.
My account subscription has lapsed and apparently F2P can't post on the forums . . .

The thing is, for the US and EU server merges it wasn't the best thing for everybody, that upset a lot of people too.
The the whole "we can't make everyone happy, so we aren't doing anything" line is garbage.
And instead of randomly taking some opinions and making a conclusion I took a survey and from about 20 responses till 100, 80-85% of the responses were in favour of server merges.

Another thing is these aren't Bioware servers, they are EA servers, and I'm sure the only reason we have them in the first place is that EA already had most of what was needed in Sydney in the first place. Otherwise they likely wouldn't have ever had APAC servers. Reducing from 3 to one mega server, which is probably a cluster anyway, isn't going to be a problem.

Also, a lot of the players here, are only playing because there are low latency servers. Moving to West coast isn't an option.

For me, I don't care what they do, just something needs to be done. Those happy with the way things are are in the small minority.

And even though this thread may be losing activity, it's not because we don't care, it because people who aren't paying can't post their opinions, which will be me soon. I'm sure a lot of others are in this boat too.

I like this game and want to play more, but this lack of action and communication is abhorrent. So my own and the 2 accounts for my kids aren't paying for this horrible service any more.

Edit: Doing something about the APAC servers will bring me back to the game. Paid updates won't, and will infact make me regret every yen I have ever spent on this game. I think better updates will be required to keep the game going though.

Rylorn
02.18.2013 , 06:15 PM | #2748
As a non Oceanic player, I am dying for you guys to be merged into the US servers, we need a population boost and I would love to have you on my server if that was a good solution. Sorry for all the trouble you all have gone through, I support you in whatever the outcome you need.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] The Bastion

Ailie
02.18.2013 , 06:23 PM | #2749
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post
As a non Oceanic player, I am dying for you guys to be merged into the US servers, we need a population boost and I would love to have you on my server if that was a good solution. Sorry for all the trouble you all have gone through, I support you in whatever the outcome you need.
I'll be there for what it's worth. Character names are already placecarded and ready to roll
Meh...

Amlici
02.18.2013 , 06:45 PM | #2750
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post
As a non Oceanic player, I am dying for you guys to be merged into the US servers.
Eh if they merge us into a US server i will be going back to WoW. Sorry no offense
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC