Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mowermanx's Avatar


Mowermanx
02.13.2013 , 08:17 PM | #2681
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I think it's pretty obvious they wouldn't make the combined server be a PVP server.
And according to the survey I conducted 85% of people across the 3 servers want to merge, and are unhappy wiht the current state of APAC server population. The discontent comes from people worried about losing their names, or that the PVP group, or non RP group will harass them. If the population increases there are those that would move back, or even start playing again. More so than those that want to leave if, or even if the servers are merged.

There is no more need for discussion.
It's time for action.

Ea/Bioware management. I find your lack of initiative disturbing.
(makes hand into a chokey hold)
Didn't know I could do that over the forum did ya!
If it were 3 pve servers, I'd say they would of merged them months ago, there's no way they will merge these servers, it will be transfers, and they have said they are working hard to get it in place.
Why on earth would they subject themselves to a whole new round of aggro when transfers will achieve the same thing?
By letting each individual decide what they want, they appease far more than any other way than has been suggested.

craic_fox's Avatar


craic_fox
02.13.2013 , 09:03 PM | #2682
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
...it will be transfers, and they have said they are working hard to get it in place.
Why on earth would they subject themselves to a whole new round of aggro when transfers will achieve the same thing?
That sounds plausible. Implement transfers first in response to repeated demands from players in all territories and be seen to be in touch with the wider playerbase. Revisit the APAC servers once the populations have settled down. EA/Bioware won't be eager to court the sort of negative publicity that they will attract if they reduce the number of servers again. It can be spun to look like failure, even when it doesn't represent any decline in the game's population.

Amlici's Avatar


Amlici
02.13.2013 , 10:18 PM | #2683
Quote: Originally Posted by craic_fox View Post
That sounds plausible. Implement transfers first in response to repeated demands from players in all territories and be seen to be in touch with the wider playerbase. Revisit the APAC servers once the populations have settled down. EA/Bioware won't be eager to court the sort of negative publicity that they will attract if they reduce the number of servers again. It can be spun to look like failure, even when it doesn't represent any decline in the game's population.
I agree they aren't going to rush into a merge if they can avoid it. They obviously had to merge the US and EU servers because they had the population spread out over far too many servers. I think they will try and attract more of their lost subs back and more new players to the game first before they resort to a merge. That said i am starting to favour a merge because our progression is suffering.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

laz_AU's Avatar


laz_AU
02.14.2013 , 12:15 AM | #2684
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
If it were 3 pve servers, I'd say they would of merged them months ago, there's no way they will merge these servers, it will be transfers, and they have said they are working hard to get it in place.
Why on earth would they subject themselves to a whole new round of aggro when transfers will achieve the same thing?
By letting each individual decide what they want, they appease far more than any other way than has been suggested.
Transfers wont achieve the same thing - we will go from 30ms to like 500ms and will be playing at different times to the US players. Both of these can quite significantly impact our enjoyment of the game. It will also fragment the community. MIght be the easiest option for them but wont be the best for us... As i've said before best thing for us would be to 1) merge; 2) transfers from US to APAC; 3) 1 month later allow transfers from APAC to US; 4) ... profit
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
02.14.2013 , 12:18 AM | #2685
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Transfers wont achieve the same thing - we will go from 30ms to like 500ms and will be playing at different times to the US players. Both of these can quite significantly impact our enjoyment of the game. It will also fragment the community. MIght be the easiest option for them but wont be the best for us... As i've said before best thing for me would be to 1) merge; 2) transfers from US to APAC; 3) 1 month later allow transfers from APAC to US; 4) ... profit
Fixed
Meh...

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
02.14.2013 , 12:30 AM | #2686
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Transfers wont achieve the same thing - we will go from 30ms to like 500ms and will be playing at different times to the US players. Both of these can quite significantly impact our enjoyment of the game. It will also fragment the community. MIght be the easiest option for them but wont be the best for us... As i've said before best thing for us would be to 1) merge; 2) transfers from US to APAC; 3) 1 month later allow transfers from APAC to US; 4) ... profit
nope im not waitng for a month for transfers, i want transfers as soon as the merge happens.

Ash-Wan's Avatar


Ash-Wan
02.14.2013 , 01:33 AM | #2687
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Transfers wont achieve the same thing - we will go from 30ms to like 500ms and will be playing at different times to the US players. Both of these can quite significantly impact our enjoyment of the game. It will also fragment the community. MIght be the easiest option for them but wont be the best for us... As i've said before best thing for us would be to 1) merge; 2) transfers from US to APAC; 3) 1 month later allow transfers from APAC to US; 4) ... profit
I completely agree with this. While it may not be ideal for some, I think it's clearly the best option for the majority. Having a few weeks or so delay on transfers would at least allow people to try the merged server, instead of transferring straight off the bat and potentially leaving the new server a new wasteland. A separate RP instancing solution for the super server, suggested by someone earlier, sounds like a winner too.

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
02.14.2013 , 01:48 AM | #2688
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
nope im not waitng for a month for transfers, i want transfers as soon as the merge happens.
May I ask why?
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
02.14.2013 , 02:50 AM | #2689
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
May I ask why?
id like to stay on a pvp server. As rare as the open world encounters are, i enjoy them esp ganking ppl in section x

laz_AU's Avatar


laz_AU
02.14.2013 , 03:52 AM | #2690
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Fixed
Well actually if you see the full version i posted (won't quote the full thing here because it's huge but click on the exceprt below) i actually spent quite a bit of time thinking of ways the RP population could be accommodated in a merged server. I didn't do this for myself; i came up with a solution that could work for the most amount of people. Perhaps you could do the same rather than just telling everyone what you don't want.

Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
I've recently had a few ideas about how we can accommodate RP's... Let me know what you guys think
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS