Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iheartnyc
02.12.2013 , 02:21 AM | #2641
Quote: Originally Posted by tiggyd View Post
"And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters?"
That is exactly what I am talking about. The $ you have put into your character > community. Therefore, you don't want a community to partake in, you want more players to facilitate the growth of your character. You are a perfect example of the individualisation of communities in MMO's, and in the real world.
What is with all this moral grandstanding?

laz_AU
02.12.2013 , 02:26 AM | #2642
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
I and my guild are on Gav Daragon and very happy. I do not want to be merged into any other server. Do not destroy Gav like you destroyed Vrook. I disagreed with this post. Forum posters can be very vocal, but they are not necessarily the voice of all players.
Sure but the forums are the only real way bioware can assess the opinion of the community. And seeing as how this thread has 265 pages in which the majority of people are for mergers one can only assume that the general consensus is that we want merged servers. No not everyone agrees but the majority seems to.

I'm glad you are happy but please consider the (probable) majority of those who are not
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

darthnish
02.12.2013 , 03:24 AM | #2643
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
Chapter 4? Do you mean the new expansion? That isn't chapter 4
Just another planet like Ilum with no class stories, just more of it.

I hope they don't close the servers, the survey I put together shows that more people will be happy with a merger than now, more indicated they'd return then quit, and if they merged there would be less overhead for running the APAC servers.
To me it's no brainer, merge the servers, allow people from US/EU servers to transfer too APAC, then a month later allow another free round of transfers to and from APAC after people have seen what the combined servers are like.
i do not want to wait a few more months to leave oceanic servers, i would rather do it right now.

MyPetMonkey
02.12.2013 , 03:25 PM | #2644
So here is this thread languishing away on page 5 of the forums, still unresolved.... well it was resolved for US/EU but not for us plebs in the APAC....

Hey don't worry though instead of something easy and done before (server merging)... Let's implement INSTEAD a new feature so we can pay you MORE REAL MONEY via our mobile even when we're not playing!

F&^% you Bioware. F&^% you very, very much....

MyPetMonkey
02.12.2013 , 03:30 PM | #2645
And then to top it off... It then gets buried under piles of junk from bronies that want to make their damn ship pretty! Nobody ever really see's the inside of your ship anyway! Nor do they see the outside of unless it's in a docking bay.....

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... /headsplosion

Twizitd
02.12.2013 , 04:34 PM | #2646
Wow, this consolidated thread was started on 09.20.2012 and action is still pending. I hope BW doesnt use the "dropping EVERYTHING for Makeb" excuse for this massive delay in service. Im feeling more and more like delaying my next subscription payment

Gnomesolo
02.12.2013 , 05:11 PM | #2647
come on BW tell us something
BW is worst then the purple wiggle (Jeff) who falls asleep all the time . at least Jeff can sing

Evgen
02.12.2013 , 06:59 PM | #2648
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
i do not want to wait a few more months to leave oceanic servers, i would rather do it right now.
I'm not saying that's what I want.
I'm saying it's a reasonable thing to do. Everyone is speculating on what will happen after a merger. But that's all it is.
If you want to move of APAC to play with a friend or some new guild you found that's not really part of a solution for APAC server population issues. I really am neutral in that it's actually faster for me to play on US servers. I just want them to do SOMETHING and I proposed what I think is the best solution to make the most people happy based off the poll I created.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Knockerz
02.12.2013 , 07:10 PM | #2649
Yes, they need to transfer all the pve apac/oceanic players to the Harbinger server . Bastion should get the pvp and the Begeren Colony gets the rp players.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

Thornsbane
02.12.2013 , 07:19 PM | #2650
We got our own APAC servers like we wanted. Now they just need to be merged to sort out the population issues like in USA and EU. Simple.