Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Claprica
01.17.2013 , 05:43 PM | #2141
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
Option 2

1. Force Merge into 1 super server (Dalborra)
2. Open up xfers to those that arent happy to US and EU servers
3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

Most importantly!!! THIS SERVICE MUST BE FREE!!!! We have suffered long enough.
I am in support of Option 2.
Part of me wants to say that free transfers shouldn't be offered from APAC to US servers, and that free transfers should only be available for transfers from US to APAC server - but that's just me being selfish as I want higher numbers on the APAC server.

Thanks fro replying Joveth - did he mention a time frame on when a decision will be made and how long the decision will take to implement?
Azealiab - Shadow || Glasskannon - Sage || Tatonkabill - Sentinel Master Dar'Nala Server

Thornsbane
01.17.2013 , 06:25 PM | #2142
Brought it up on General chat on Master D last night and everyone seems very excited about the 3 servers merged into one.

Its going to rock! Can hardly even imagine whats its like on a busy server anymore. Gonna be a big draw for new players as well with Makeb coming....

Stay in touch, BW.

Evgen
01.17.2013 , 06:27 PM | #2143
It's always better to give people choice.
That's why I said have 2 rounds of transfers. In the second round if enough people are on one of the APAC servers, a lot of people would be more inclined to move back from US or come back to playing the game. I think we need to have a poll on another site, and agree that whatever the more popular outcome is that we all get behind it, so that bioware has no excuse to delay any longer.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

vian
01.17.2013 , 06:38 PM | #2144
Quote:
: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend
Option 2

1. Force Merge into 1 super server (Dalborra)
2. Open up xfers to those that arent happy to US and EU servers
3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

Most importantly!!! THIS SERVICE MUST BE FREE!!!! We have suffered long enough.
I'm on Gav Daragon, and I think this is a great solution. Even though I don't PVP, I love the ping rate, and want to keep it. The GD population is OKish, but nowhere near US server levels, and this hurts everything from the GTN to PUGs. I don't see the problem of having multi-styles of play on one server; there's no OW-PVP, and there's chat channels for everything else.

If they wanted to ensure high numbers on an APAC super-server, they could make transfers free to it, and paid to US/EU servers. I suspect that most people would vote with their wallets.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Zevrad
01.17.2013 , 06:45 PM | #2145
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
I'm on Gav Daragon, and I think this is a great solution. Even though I don't PVP, I love the ping rate, and want to keep it. The GD population is OKish, but nowhere near US server levels, and this hurts everything from the GTN to PUGs. I don't see the problem of having multi-styles of play on one server; there's no OW-PVP, and there's chat channels for everything else.

If they wanted to ensure high numbers on an APAC super-server, they could make transfers free to it, and paid to US/EU servers. I suspect that most people would vote with their wallets.
I'm with this guy - as much as it annoys me a little to see people with really dumb names running around, I'm also not REALLY a roleplayer. People who want to PvP will PvP, and people who want to Roleplay will set up their little enclaves. I think having more people is a trade off we're (I'm) willing to make.

Leweegibo
01.17.2013 , 06:47 PM | #2146
New server name ought to be Master Gav Dalborra...
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Thornsbane
01.17.2013 , 06:58 PM | #2147
Or just Big Gav.

Zevrad
01.17.2013 , 07:06 PM | #2148
I'd get a certain amount of satisfaction flicking through the server tabs, seeing all the US servers, the Euro ones, and then Oceania, with one server called "Big Gav".

banehammer
01.17.2013 , 07:09 PM | #2149
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
Add transfers period.

It's something that should be your number 1 priority and it'll solve APAC issues.
^^ This.

Allow choice of server transfers. It's such a simple solution, would make so many people happy, and it's a service that ALL other MMO's (as far as I'm aware...) provide.

Don't even care if you charge $ for it. Just open up server transfers please!

(Personally I'd bring my mains to Harbringer, US. That server be a rockin' )
Endoor | Guardian Jedi's have grenades now
Noxali | Sorcerer Storming to the light side like a traitor
HARBRINGER

Bottcobco
01.17.2013 , 07:12 PM | #2150
For me there are only two solutions I would find acceptable. 1. Merge the Oceanic servers into a super server. I would then look to transfer my Harbinger toon "home" to Oceania. If this option is not possible, then 2. Grant free server transfers to any US server. Cheers.