Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

O_JohnnyBravo_O
01.02.2013 , 08:23 PM | #1681
Here is what will happen:

1. Paid server transfers will launch. A large percentage will pay to leave MD and GD to Dalborra.

2. One or two months later, an announcement will be made that MD and GD are closing and all remaining toons will be transferred to Dalborra for free.

3. People who paid for the server transfer will rage

4. People who chose not to leave will rage

Spinikar
01.02.2013 , 09:43 PM | #1682
Quote: Originally Posted by Pahomi View Post
Wow, just...wow. I feel so sorry for you guys. So character transfers are planned for the second half of the year, probably towards the end. So you will be stuck on these servers for at least 9 more months probably. I remember how it was in spring 2012 when most servers were dead. I am now on a healthy EU server. I can't help but feel the APAC players have been forsaken. Mr. Hickman should have also worded his announcement more carefully as well, I mean i can't imagine how you guys felt when he said "the servers are rocking!".
How did I feel?

Absolutely astounded by their arrogance, or is it stupidity. Its kinda hard to keep track these days with them. A merger will come, eventually, or the servers will be shutdown due to poor income from the lack of players. In the meantime, how many loyal subscribers will they loose because they continued to ignore us. He said at the end that they are working towards making the game WE want to play.

Well, Mr Hickman, WE want server merges and have so since July last year.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Spinikar
01.02.2013 , 09:48 PM | #1683
Quote: Originally Posted by Thingymawotzit View Post
Another reason that the population of these servers is suffering is that existing characters on any of the US or EU server cannot transfer to APAC, not even if they are willing to pay a transfer fee.

If you missed the free transfer period then there is now no way you can move your character there. Its stuck where you made it.

I agree though that the APAC servers need to be consolidated. As a result of the low population we are now seeing long time APAC players simply creating character on the US server and playing there. The US server during APAC peak time is still busier than any of the APAC severs during APAC peak.

Bioware - Fix it!

A starting planet on a US server during the off time has more than the MDN Fleet during its Prime time.

To quote Mr Hickman, Their servers are rocking for sure, which is Great!.........but only after they were merged.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Chaori
01.02.2013 , 10:11 PM | #1684
I think our best option is to re-roll on the PTS using the character copies. At least we get to keep our Legacies!

Right? Right guys?

Laris_Rai
01.02.2013 , 10:36 PM | #1685
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
How did I feel?

Absolutely astounded by their arrogance, or is it stupidity. Its kinda hard to keep track these days with them. A merger will come, eventually, or the servers will be shutdown due to poor income from the lack of players. In the meantime, how many loyal subscribers will they loose because they continued to ignore us. He said at the end that they are working towards making the game WE want to play.

Well, Mr Hickman, WE want server merges and have so since July last year.
Of course this was after months of demanding an APAC server.

"You gave us what we wanted and now we hate it!"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Laris_Rai
01.02.2013 , 10:38 PM | #1686
Quote: Originally Posted by Esno View Post
12 months down the track and they still prove we are the [COLOR="Red"]

Merge (transfer) of all 3 servers onto 1 existing or 1 APAC Mega Server (preferred) is still a major request which is still being ignored for 5 MONTHS now
Except for the part where they said "We'll decide what to do with APAC after we've seen how F2P goes.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Chaori
01.02.2013 , 10:38 PM | #1687
Quote: Originally Posted by Laris_Rai View Post
Of course this was after months of demanding an APAC server.

"You gave us what we wanted and now we hate it!"
We never demanded an APAC server. And how long did US cry for a server merge before it was given to them?

Troll unsuccessful, now get out of our thread.

hamsel
01.02.2013 , 10:52 PM | #1688
APAC server merge already!! I'm sure NO ONE cares about losing the PvP server at this point! GAH!

Morrolan
01.02.2013 , 11:41 PM | #1689
I truly don't get why this is so hard.
[harbinger]
Alieraxx - Sentinel / Morroian - Shadow / Sereorin - Slinger
Miranda-Zero - Operative / Whiskey-jackxx - Powertech

noodlehaus
01.02.2013 , 11:50 PM | #1690
i really don't think there will be a merge in APAC. i think everything will be migrated to the US. just give it time. it's also for the best.

really suggest re-rolling in one of the US servers while you wait for the migration/shutdown.