Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chaori
12.31.2012 , 12:08 AM | #1641
bump!

elitenz
12.31.2012 , 02:18 AM | #1642
Haven't seen the OP for awhile in this thread is he still around ?

Nanglez
12.31.2012 , 03:12 AM | #1643
Is it 200 or 300 pages that a thread get's close and re-opened?

Well anyway, BW just make Dalborra a destination server, let Master Dar'Naalan's and GavD user's come and join us.

The people who choose to stay on their respective servers can then be merged in to a secondary server, chosen between MasterD and GavD.

We'd be left with: Dalborra - Oceanic Mainserver
GavD or MasterD - Oceanic secondary server [for those that want less lag/enjoy a slightly lower
population.

BW If you tinker with Dalborra, especially now that we're actually clawing our way back to decent populations, then I officially give up, I will not lose my names again, nor will the hundreds of people I've known to be on that server since Oceanic launch. We were lucky/smart and picked a PVE server [which typically does have higher populations than RP/PvP server].

My greatest worry in regards to this thread is that all this complaining [whilst completely warranted] will serve to get us handed a solution that many of us don't want , which is to be forced off Dalborra on to some 'new server' that doesn't exist at this time, which will result in thousands of people losing names that they specifically claimed at Oceanic launch to avoid that hastle/issue.

elitenz
12.31.2012 , 04:35 AM | #1644
If they do transfers it will be paid I don't mind paying but it has to be a fair price since we never had that option like the EU/US did.

Esno
12.31.2012 , 05:45 AM | #1645
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanglez View Post
Is it 200 or 300 pages that a thread get's close and re-opened?

Well anyway, BW just make Dalborra a destination server, let Master Dar'Naalan's and GavD user's come and join us.

The people who choose to stay on their respective servers can then be merged in to a secondary server, chosen between MasterD and GavD.

We'd be left with: Dalborra - Oceanic Mainserver
GavD or MasterD - Oceanic secondary server [for those that want less lag/enjoy a slightly lower
population.

BW If you tinker with Dalborra, especially now that we're actually clawing our way back to decent populations, then I officially give up, I will not lose my names again, nor will the hundreds of people I've known to be on that server since Oceanic launch. We were lucky/smart and picked a PVE server [which typically does have higher populations than RP/PvP server].

My greatest worry in regards to this thread is that all this complaining [whilst completely warranted] will serve to get us handed a solution that many of us don't want , which is to be forced off Dalborra on to some 'new server' that doesn't exist at this time, which will result in thousands of people losing names that they specifically claimed at Oceanic launch to avoid that hastle/issue.
Think it used to be 100 pages but they just ignore us thes days with the occasional mod cleanup lol

1st thing i did when this post started was to go onto the other 2 APAC servers and create a toon with my mains name so i didnt lose it if we ever got merger same with the Harbinger incase we got sent back there
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Ignicity
12.31.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1646
Happy New Years to all, except those choosing to ignore this issue.

p.s I found this on page 3

Blitz-wing
12.31.2012 , 05:45 PM | #1647
Online Petition, Let's get the numbers so Bioware can stop ignoring us.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/apac-server-merge/

Aebrynis
12.31.2012 , 05:55 PM | #1648
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanglez View Post
[SIZE="4"]
If they stay true to form, that's exactly what will happen. They will shut down all three APAC servers and dump all the toons onto a new 'mega-server'. That server may very well have the name 'Dalborra', but it won't be the original by any stretch. NA and EU server denizens are all too familiar with this occurrence. And expect names to be skewed from here to there, with all the logic of Lidsville on meth. The aforementioned NA/EU denizens are all too familiar with that, too.

A few days past, after Gav Daragon read as 'Heavy'...and where I logged in to find less than 30 people in the fleet (Heavy...really, EA? That's a Heavy server load?), I tried an experiment and made a toon on 'Standard' Dalborra. Almost immediate warzone pops, less than half an hour for Hammer Station to pop (as opposed to...oh...never on GD)...yeah, I'm annoyed that I can't play my almost-50 the way I want, but I'll cope, especially now that I can still keep my freakish hours and still find people to play with.

And if they merge the servers, I'll have two Operatives, but oh well...them's the breaks. Small price to pay for a server with a good population. Of course, having said that, I've likely jinxed everything completely.

Prabhunath
12.31.2012 , 07:45 PM | #1649
- Bump -

For the sake of the Force, please stop ignoring us on Master Dar'Nala. It's 2013 already, what are you waiting for, Bioware? F2P didn't help our population much, neither did Christmas, and I highly doubt RotHC will either. Just give us the damn options to transfer already.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Laris_Rai
12.31.2012 , 08:38 PM | #1650
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
- Bump -

For the sake of the Force, please stop ignoring us on Master Dar'Nala. It's 2013 already, what are you waiting for, Bioware? F2P didn't help our population much, neither did Christmas, and I highly doubt RotHC will either. Just give us the damn options to transfer already.
I'm thinking that businesses have to show a little more patience that players in regards to big decisions like that. In other words, they're not going to do anything until F2P has been going for a good number of months.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson