Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lollie
11.19.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
ah ah chill chill...

but yes it is a ridiculous suggestion, please do not ever bring up such a stupid comment ever. It takes a lot of effort to raise even ONE character.
When I shifted from US servers to Oceanic servers I rerolled, wasn't that traumatic.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

TheLordMagnus
11.19.2012 , 04:58 PM | #1062
SERVER NUMBERS ARE FINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
been playing back for 2 weeks now was slow befoure free to play but 100 people per planet on average rather then 100 people in the whole game is a good start relax hold on to ya panties and be thankful we have servers
merging servers from different types is not an option
as for wpvp it don't happen in this game that's why all the pvp people left for gw2 get over it this is a pve game at heart
i have wz and fp and ops going of in random finder in around 5 minets
thats less then wow in most cases
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

TheLordMagnus
11.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #1063
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix
ah ah chill chill...

but yes it is a ridiculous suggestion, please do not ever bring up such a stupid comment ever. It takes a lot of effort to raise even ONE character.

it takes 2 months of casuall play to make 1 lvl 50 its not hard at all i have toons on 3 servers
my sig lists 1 server
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

Chaori
11.19.2012 , 05:03 PM | #1064
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLordMagnus View Post
it takes 2 months of casuall play to make 1 lvl 50 its not hard at all i have toons on 3 servers
my sig lists 1 server
"It takes 2 months of casual play to make 1 lvl 50"

"its not hard at all"

I think you just contradicted yourself. 2 months for 1 level 50, considering people have multiple level 50s, is a lot of time and effort spent on that Legacy.

Bennis
11.19.2012 , 05:03 PM | #1065
They should just link all the servers via group finder or something similar so the servers are connected but still unique.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.

Chaori
11.19.2012 , 05:06 PM | #1066
Quote: Originally Posted by Bennis View Post
They should just link all the servers via group finder or something similar so the servers are connected but still unique.
This would also be a great idea.

ParnXterminator
11.19.2012 , 05:24 PM | #1067
been playing back for 2 weeks now was slow befoure free to play but 100 people per planet on average rather then 100 people in the whole game is a good start relax hold on to ya panties and be thankful we have servers
as for wpvp it don't happen in this game that's why all the pvp people left for gw2 get over it this is a pve game at heart
you must work for Bioware, level a toon to 30 via WZs and groupfinder on a US server, you won't even need to rethink your post.

you will see very quickly that you are being screwed by being stuck on a APAC server, It's not even the same game

Bennis
11.19.2012 , 05:28 PM | #1068
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
This would also be a great idea.
And you're also my GM. Nice to see you on the forums.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.

laz_AU
11.19.2012 , 05:38 PM | #1069
In the very slight chance that BW may see this post, I personally think the optimal solution would be:
  • Merged the 3 servers to a new high pop PVE server and include a role playing channel
  • Offered free transfers TO APAC servers for those that have already bailed out (this would need to be on offer for 6 months or so because i imagine these players would like to see how the pop is on the merged server before committing to returning)
  • Offered free transfers for Gav Daragon (RP) players FROM APAC for those not satisfied with just an RP channel
  • Offered free transfers for Master Dal'nara (PVP) players FROM APAC for those who are desperate for a PVP server (more so than lower latency)

Do i expect all this? No. But it would be incredible if they managed it

Feel free to add/comment (but not illogically attack) on any of this
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

laz_AU
11.19.2012 , 05:40 PM | #1070
Are you high (reading your first line is a pretty good indication actually)?. 100 peeople per planet on average? I'll need some proof..
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS