Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

eventidephoenix
11.18.2012 , 12:37 PM | #1031
Quote: Originally Posted by Dire-Wolf View Post
They better not close the servers down. It's nice to be able to play one MMO without lagging. It would be especially grating after they made us wait several extra months till they released the game here because of these servers (I got a copy through amazon so was playing day one, but still).

I'll take low population over lag any day.
They could have just merged all 3 servers... low population solved without lag

Cheezfriend
11.18.2012 , 06:15 PM | #1032
The free to play populations will most likely peak over this next week. and from what I have seen on Master D, it's not looking good.

Hurry up Bioware and give us our solution, it's ridiculous how long we have had to wait so far and no doubt you are going to make us wait even longer.

If you aren't going to do anything in the short term hurry up with paid transfers so I can board an escape pod and flee this doomed ship!!!!

Sildanar
11.18.2012 , 06:20 PM | #1033
Populations have gone up for sure.
41 on tython last night for Master Dar'Nala, and Im seeing some returning players, so thats a good thing.

Rep fleet was about 40-50, with 1 lvl 50 warzone running most of the night, if you missed the cut you had a 15 min wait.
But thats not three instances full of people on Tython.. and players where coming back to empty guilds.
We could easily combine all the Oceaninc servers into one even with the returning players and have a great server, or we can have three fair to OK servers.
A server merge would give us a fantastic playing population, the population has been so low for so long it needs to reach a critical mass to survive.
Would you after coming back to the game you stopped playing six months ago start paying a sub when fleet has 51 people on it and your guild is empty?

Merge now please.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Desolatos
11.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #1034
I'm all for the merge. Give an option to transfer to a US server if you want to stay PvP or RP. The population still isn't that close to where it needs to be and I wouldn't expect it to increase too much over the next few weeks but we'll see.

Ailie
11.18.2012 , 06:43 PM | #1035
Gav Daragon exploded into life last weekend, people coming back from exams, starter zones brimming with new players, it was all happening!

Now if only my bloody annoying in laws weren't here I'd be able to enjoy it
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

elitenz
11.18.2012 , 07:06 PM | #1036
Yeah but what about endgame content it's still dry as a bone no influx of low levels will help anyone who is 50 f2p or not.

eventidephoenix
11.18.2012 , 08:23 PM | #1037
Merging all 3 gives us some chance that the APAC servers can and will somehow survive.

Otherwise, if BW continues to let the servers dwindle in population, the very second transfers open up... well... good luck

Paelo
11.18.2012 , 09:54 PM | #1038
Merging the three servers together really seems like the best way to go, I'd prefer not to deal with US lag issues especially when raiding or doing pvp.

Rolling us all into one combined Oceanic server would provide a pretty decent population and remove this "empty" feeling that so many of the planets and even the main space stations have at times. It's pretty clear the free to play option isn't going to do enough to boost the numbers for all three servers, just combine them already.

I'm on Dar'Nala at the moment and I have no complaints about trading constant open world pvp option for a bigger server population. There will likely still be people flagging themselves for pvp in open areas anyway, and even if not we'd have wz's popping a lot more often.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally

twinionx
11.18.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1039
I think players should be given a choice to either move to a US server or an APAC server. Specifically, those from Darnala should be able to choose to continue PvP in US server or go to Dalborra.

Another way is to implement cross server technology real quick so that GTN, warzone, flashpoints and ops can all be linked by the 3 servers.

Sildanar
11.18.2012 , 10:42 PM | #1040
Quote: Originally Posted by twinionx View Post
I think players should be given a choice to either move to a US server or an APAC server. Specifically, those from Darnala should be able to choose to continue PvP in US server or go to Dalborra.

Another way is to implement cross server technology real quick so that GTN, warzone, flashpoints and ops can all be linked by the 3 servers.
No, an option for US or Ocenaic transfers would just dilute the player base further, we need a consolidation not a dissipation.
In regards to cross server, I do not want that at all except for Ranked Warzones.
one of the things that is great about this game is the server communities, something that WOW killed to the great detriment of that game.
I know many many pvpers on Master D specifically because I have fought with and against them many times.
In cross server pvp its an endless stream of randoms.

Keep the community feel, keep the pvp and LFG server only just make sure the server has the critical mass of players to make it viable. Ranked pvp should open up to Cross server eventually as its a competition.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer