Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Spreadsheet

SpiffyJr
12.19.2011 , 03:17 PM | #11
Updated a few rows.

Degini
12.19.2011 , 03:22 PM | #12
The thing about slicing is the real profits come from gathering boxes, not the missions. I have noticed a continuing shortage of boxes in the later zones, which means it might actually be profitable to farm an older zone.

My point, really, is that slicing is working fine and there is no reason to expect that 24minute missions for 5k credits is going to unbalance anything. I just hope Alderaan is going to be better than Tat for boxes, as my profit/h has decreased since leveling out of the 20's into the 30's.

I am on class 5 boxes for slicing.

To OP: thanks for the sheet. Confirms what I have been seeing.

Cheers

Freeborne
12.19.2011 , 03:37 PM | #13
I wish I would have done this as I leveled my skill up, lol.

I'm level 400 slicing, and have about 20 mission rewards. I should have thought ahead on that.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

SpiffyJr
12.19.2011 , 03:52 PM | #14
Almost a full day of progress and 1.8k credits / hour (cpr) with some fluke early crits that really threw the numbers in favor of a higher cpr. If I take out those few real high values then my average comes to 1014 cpr.

In short: either I'm doing it wrong or people are complaining WAY too much about slicing.

On a sidenote: Working from home and having 30 minute missions makes it really easy to be able to do slicing. That's a nice side benefit for me. I only have to check the gaming machine once very 30 minutes for about 30 seconds.

SpiffyJr
12.19.2011 , 04:15 PM | #15
Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump look at Frosty go.

Gaktar
12.19.2011 , 04:36 PM | #16
You can't really go by # of companions for total profit as there are only so many lockbox mission available over a period of time. After one of two companions you'll run out of the top tier lockbox missions and have to go to a lower tier.

Faytal
12.19.2011 , 04:37 PM | #17
Yea you're doing it wrong. You only want to send your companions on missions for the highest level "Rich Yield" availiable.

For example you would do a Rich yield class 5 everytime, but if it's not availiable you check for a rich yield class 4 and so on.

A rich yield class 2-3 can yield WAY more profit then an Abundant class 5 or moderate class 6 and at less time.

You're not maximizing your profits, should look like:
Rick Yield class 4
Rick Yield class 5
Rick Yield class 4
Rick Yield class 4
Rick Yield class 3
Rick Yield class 5
Rick Yield class 2
Rick Yield class 4

SpiffyJr
12.19.2011 , 04:39 PM | #18
Well, I'm still leveling it up so I'm just doing whatever will give me skill points.

Faytal
12.19.2011 , 04:54 PM | #19
True, but the Rich yield class 4's may still give you single skill points and the class 5's for sure will level you up. Maximize profits and level it a bit slower, you will be happy!

hakkafusion
12.19.2011 , 05:27 PM | #20
+1 If more info are gathered, this deserves a sticky
I find the rich/bountiful yield are definitely the ones to do, even if it means going a lvl/class lower.