Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Spreadsheet

SpiffyJr
12.19.2011 , 01:35 PM | #1
Wanted to see exactly what my return was on slicing so I made up a little Google Docs spreadsheet to track my return. I'm updating this as I get new data but it takes a while because each mission is ~25-30 minutes and I only have two companions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FhxLXpfbnBZN1E

Critical means that I received more than just a lockbox from the mission. I'm not sure if it's actually a crit but I'm assuming it is because the credit return is generally larger when I receive more than just credits.

TLDR: Click on link, look at profit / hour, and multiply that by the number of companions you have to see your possible average profits / hour assuming you do nothing but slicing with your companions.

SpiffyJr
12.19.2011 , 02:05 PM | #2
Not a single reply yet?

dougwashere
12.19.2011 , 02:07 PM | #3
Good Work!

I was going to start documenting this myself this evening, but at lower levels. If I type it out I may repost here so folks can see lower levels as well.

SpiffyJr
12.19.2011 , 02:11 PM | #4
Feel free to post your data and I can add it to the list.

Temet
12.19.2011 , 02:17 PM | #5
An excellent idea, I actually made a thread yesterday noting the strange variances in profit efficiency between middle and high levels (namely that level 49-50 slicing is much more inefficient, providing lower returns at longer times) and was wondering if anyone else had observed it.

TheRabbit
12.19.2011 , 02:17 PM | #6
Yep, that pretty much confirms what I've been seeing. Short of getting a 'crit' you don't make much profit off the missions, but it is profit.

Kryptorchid
12.19.2011 , 02:24 PM | #7
Props OP. Looking forward to following this. Here's 5 stars for you!

Utop
12.19.2011 , 02:25 PM | #8
Please keep this up, I'm interested in seeing how "Rich" yields for level 5 boxes compare to abundant yields for level 6 at max slicing

Orizuru
12.19.2011 , 02:33 PM | #9
Ty for this OP! 5 Stars!

Temet
12.19.2011 , 02:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Utop View Post
Please keep this up, I'm interested in seeing how "Rich" yields for level 5 boxes compare to abundant yields for level 6 at max slicing
Class six has always (so far, not maxed companion affection yet) yielded an Ancient Small Credit Case. Also, the highest offered yield is abundant regrettably although it produces the same thing anyways. To give you some idea of the difference here, I just logged on and collected the rewards from the slicing I started before logging off, I'll go ahead and post them although I only sent one companion out on a class 6, and it was apparently not the abundant quest.

Plug the Leak, 2V-R8, Moderate Yield class 6, cost 1,415, reward 1477, time 31m 12s

The Fly on the wall, Mako, Rich Yield class 5, cost 1930, 6,405 reward, time 29m 28s

Pointing Fingers, Gault, Rich Yield class 4, cost 1250, 6,128 reward (and Mission Discovery: Scavenging 340), time 19m 22s

Note: I checked TORhead to confirm the yield types on these, and realized that apparently the reason I don't have access to higher yield class 6 missions is my level - I'm only 37. So later on class 6 will apparently be better.

P.S. I'll go ahead and edit in the proper time/cost for Plug The Leak in about half an hour.

Edit1: Due to forgetting to note purple mission find.

Edit2: Entered the exact values for cost/time on Plug The Leak.