Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent - Guides, useful threads and links

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes

EverymanHero
12.20.2011 , 01:55 PM | #11
Great thread!!!

DemonicFerret
12.20.2011 , 02:15 PM | #12
Good info here, thanks. One question, however.

For energy regen rates, you list the following:
Current Energy = 80 100 = 6 RPS
Current Energy = 60-80 = 5 RPS
Current Energy = 40 60 = 4 RPS
Current Energy = 20-40 = 3.5 RPS
Current Energy = 0 20 = 3 RPS

On Darth Hater and several other forum threads I've seen, they list energy regen rates as this:
Current energy 60 - 100; 5 energy regen per second
Current energy 20 - 60; 3 energy regen per second
Current energy 0 - 20; 2 energy regen per second

Which of these is correct? Did regen rates change recently?

Krozzy
12.20.2011 , 10:05 PM | #13
Sticky Please
The Realm of Thyilia!
New ORPG with inspiration from BioWare
[Click here for our Project]

Qishari
12.21.2011 , 01:33 AM | #14
*slathers thread in glue and sticks it to the top of the forum*

Maini
12.21.2011 , 10:44 PM | #15
Very nice guide, and gratulation to the sticky. =)

Btw, check your PMs.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

rhakoth
12.21.2011 , 11:29 PM | #16
For those of you reading the darth hater assessment on energy for the DPS operative please do not do the following:

Quote:
My personal end game PvP spec does include the tier 1 healing talent that grants TA/UH on cast. By moving out of LOS, casting a heal followed by Stimm Boost or Pugnacity, and then 2 more follow up heals, I can begin an encounter with 2 charges of TA/UH if I engage the enemy within a 10s window.
Why you wouldn't open a fight with Hidden Strike is beyond me. It's our hardest hitting ability that also grants Tactical Advantage, for an immediately stim boost. You then follow this up with Acid Blade/Backstab and Shiv which brings you back to 1 tactical advantage for the increased 2% damage. After that you try to never drop below 1 stack of TA.

Also, the follwing is incorrect as well:

Quote:
Tactical Advantage and Upper Hand will activate our highest DPS ability. Under the right cercumstances we can fire off 3 Lacerates or Sucker Punches back to back. There are times where spending TA/UH immideately vs holding onto one will catch your opponent off guard and you can kill them before they respond with defensive or survival cooldowns of their own.
No way our T3 ability is going to hit harder than our T7 one. Furthermore, the energy cost of Acid Blade/Backstab is only 13, compared to the 45 you will need to expend for Shiv, Laceration, Laceration if Collateral Strike procs.

Not only does Acid Blade/Backstab hit hard, it also has an approximate 153 damage per energy ratio compared to a full Shiv/Laceration/Collateral Strike/Laceration combo, which is approximately 86 damage per energy. Even if you wanted to add in another Laceration you can't as all you wil achieve is dropping your energy regeneration into sub optimal levels.

Laceration is for only in the following situations:
  • You cannot bet behind your target to Acid Blade/Backstab;
  • In PvP where sustaining your energy isn't as important as your fights are generally sprints and not sustained like an operation;
  • Everything else in your priority is on CD and you are about to cap energy. Be very careful here as you may burn your TA and either drop the 2% damage buff or worse, leave yourself unable to reapply Stim Boost; and
  • In burn phases where your energy regen isn't important.

Laceration, while great when Collateral Strike Procs (which is only 50%) is still no where near as good as Acid Blade/Backstab, especially as it does not benefit from Meticulously Kept Blades, for 30% increased crit damage.

Obsivus
12.22.2011 , 01:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by rhakoth View Post
For those of you reading the darth hater assessment on energy for the DPS operative please do not do the following:

Why you wouldn't open a fight with Hidden Strike is beyond me. It's our hardest hitting ability that also grants Tactical Advantage, for an immediately stim boost. You then follow this up with Acid Blade/Backstab and Shiv which brings you back to 1 tactical advantage for the increased 2% damage. After that you try to never drop below 1 stack of TA.

Also, the follwing is incorrect as well:

No way our T3 ability is going to hit harder than our T7 one. Furthermore, the energy cost of Acid Blade/Backstab is only 13, compared to the 45 you will need to expend for Shiv, Laceration, Laceration if Collateral Strike procs.

Not only does Acid Blade/Backstab hit hard, it also has an approximate 153 damage per energy ratio compared to a full Shiv/Laceration/Collateral Strike/Laceration combo, which is approximately 86 damage per energy. Even if you wanted to add in another Laceration you can't as all you wil achieve is dropping your energy regeneration into sub optimal levels.

Laceration is for only in the following situations:
  • You cannot bet behind your target to Acid Blade/Backstab;
  • In PvP where sustaining your energy isn't as important as your fights are generally sprints and not sustained like an operation;
  • Everything else in your priority is on CD and you are about to cap energy. Be very careful here as you may burn your TA and either drop the 2% damage buff or worse leave your self unable to reapllly Stim Boost; and
  • In burn phases where your energy regen isn't important.

Laceration, while great when Collateral Strike Procs (which is only 50%) is still no where near as good as Acid Blade/Backstab, especially as it does not benefit from Meticulously Kept Blades, for 30% increased crit damage.
Great information thank you!
Agent Obsivus - Bloodworthy - Guild Status: Searching Hardcore top PVP guild
Peek-a-boo, I see you. You can't see me, but I see you and my spotter can too. I pull the trigger, the beam flies. Jedi watch as one of their own dies

rhakoth
12.22.2011 , 05:16 PM | #18
This post here also addresses the energy situation and directly relates to the DPS guide that you linked in your main post. The discussion is quite good and offers far better information compared to the Darth Hater one, which I recommend be removed, as is giving people the wrong information.

Obsivus
12.23.2011 , 03:37 AM | #19
Thank you, It's removed.
Agent Obsivus - Bloodworthy - Guild Status: Searching Hardcore top PVP guild
Peek-a-boo, I see you. You can't see me, but I see you and my spotter can too. I pull the trigger, the beam flies. Jedi watch as one of their own dies

Stinkface
12.23.2011 , 04:33 PM | #20
Such a fantastic resource. Thanks so much for putting this together!

I'm particularly fond of the Operative healing guide by Krain. Really handy stuff!