Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AOE attacks no longer preventing node captures?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
AOE attacks no longer preventing node captures?

Wraiven
09.10.2012 , 04:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
this is true. it's like LoS works on the AoE as well.

This^

LoS works on AoE in this game. Not sure if it is intended, but as of right now, this is the game mechanic.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Kilikaa
09.10.2012 , 04:57 PM | #12
Good to know I wasn't imaging it. I am aboultely surprised BW isn't even looking in it. I hope they take note and correct it. Area attacks should cover the entire area, front and back. Oh well, now I know not to trust them in ACW. Thanks for clearing it up for me guys.

DroidDreamer
09.10.2012 , 05:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Good to know I wasn't imaging it. I am aboultely surprised BW isn't even looking in it. I hope they take note and correct it. Area attacks should cover the entire area, front and back. Oh well, now I know not to trust them in ACW. Thanks for clearing it up for me guys.
Yep. Hope others catch on to this too... you have to drop the AOE a bit off to the side and even then it's tricky because sometimes LOS still blocks you.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Black-Cell
09.10.2012 , 06:56 PM | #14
I actually just posted something similar this. I was doing voidstar and we armed the bomb. Our entire team unleashed their Aoe abilities covering the entire range of the door, from the scoundrel firefly to 2 forcequakes to mortar volley etc as we all watched the enemy disarm without a problem as he stood in the middle of it all. Not exactly sure if he glitched, there was lag, or dare I say... Possibly cheated lol but we were all shocked by this.

Before you forum trolls jump on this asking for proof, get lost. I'm simply saying ive seen something similar to the OP and am sharing the info, hoping to add to the discussion. I am not offering an explanation or accusations, just a description.

unixbomber
09.10.2012 , 07:23 PM | #15
Red is serious business.

chaosme
09.11.2012 , 02:42 AM | #16
It appears that the way AoEs in SWTOR works is that they have their own LOS from the point where you targeted the ground recticle. If the enemy is within LOS of the point where you targeted, then you'll hit them. If it's not, then they won't be affected as they are technically out of LOS of the AoE.

The_Brick
09.11.2012 , 02:56 AM | #17
I guess it's true what they say... you learn something new everyday...

I always use my dfa on my pt when defending nodes and I've never ran into this problem. But come to think of it, with the turrets in civil war, I always initially target right on top of the turret and the reticule always floats in the air and is gray so I tend to put it to the side anyhow. Then with the nodes on the rest, I'm usually directly in front of them when using aoe's. Good to know though.

Stealios
09.11.2012 , 02:59 AM | #18
Yep, AoE is affected by LoS, this was changed (somewhere before 1.2 i believe) because people were complaining about capping the bridges in voidstar and those pillars not stopping aoe's from the other side.

Dezarthanon
09.11.2012 , 06:46 AM | #19
Ae's like lightning storm have limits on the number of targets it can hit. If 5 people are sitting there getting hit and a 6th comes in and starts on that node and none of the first 5 move and are all trying to disarm one of them is going to get it done as one of those 6 will continually be excluded from the hits due to the cap of 5.
True power comes from deep within, where no light can shine and there is only darkness.