Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Trooper/BH changes in 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Trooper/BH changes in 1.4

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
09.11.2012 , 01:11 AM | #11
Basically both Merc & PT share the same unmodified skill, which means that if PT gets a nerf mercs will get it too.


GOOD JOB BIOWARE


Don't tell me you weren't capable to separate the skill into 2 folders so one AC wouldn't get the shared nerf...
Or maybe Bioware thinks Pyro Merc are OP

CBRGhostRider's Avatar


CBRGhostRider
09.11.2012 , 01:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Basically both Merc & PT share the same unmodified skill, which means that if PT gets a nerf mercs will get it too.


GOOD JOB BIOWARE


Don't tell me you weren't capable to separate the skill into 2 folders so one AC wouldn't get the shared nerf...
Or maybe Bioware thinks Pyro Merc are OP
AFAIK TD and IM keep their 30m range for mercs. Its only PTs that have it nerfed to 10 m. At least that is what the patch notes seem to say.

Mercs did however receive a nerf on sweltering heat.

yoomazir's Avatar


yoomazir
09.11.2012 , 03:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CBRGhostRider View Post
AFAIK TD and IM keep their 30m range for mercs. Its only PTs that have it nerfed to 10 m. At least that is what the patch notes seem to say.

Mercs did however receive a nerf on sweltering heat.
That and we get also the 10M Electro Dart range nerf intended for PTs...

heechJunzi's Avatar


heechJunzi
09.11.2012 , 06:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
That and we get also the 10M Electro Dart range nerf intended for PTs...
That wasn't just for PT. Bioware is trying to reduce the number of stuns period, as people have requested. A number of ranged CC are gone.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Darth_Acherus's Avatar


Darth_Acherus
09.11.2012 , 06:28 AM | #15
Still, commando's/merc's did not need to receive any nerfs at all in their current state.
Jung Ma - Nariell 50 Sentinel <Alpha Company>
Jung Ma - Alosa 50 Commando <Alpha Company> (Retired)

heechJunzi's Avatar


heechJunzi
09.11.2012 , 07:22 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
Still, commando's/merc's did not need to receive any nerfs at all in their current state.
I don't think it affects our surivability at all. And we get the interrupt, please don't forget about that.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

DacRycar's Avatar


DacRycar
09.11.2012 , 08:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Anyone who actually plays the class care to comment? Seems to me IR is just a wasted ability now for Assault Vanguards.
You make a very good point, ArchangelLBC; one that many of us have considered in our theory crafting.

Currently, Incendiary Round (in PvP) is simply a "gap closer." Firing off that followed by a High Impact Bolt allows us to begin damage from 30 meters while closing in to our targets. Once within the 10 meter range, we can effectively abandon Incendiary Round for Ion Pulse (only 2 ammo), which has a 100% chance to apply the Plasma Cell ammo DoT. This DoT allows us to continue firing High Impact Bolts whenever the proc resets the cooldown.

So you're correct in assuming this may be a wasted talent, if you're referring strictly to PvP. In a PvE scenario, Incendiary Round's DoT is a DPS increase as the entire duration of the effect ticks off on a boss - unlike in PvP.

Essentially this change makes the Assault Vanguard play more like his Tactics sibling, in which tree all attacks are 10 meters and less. Tactics is receving a buff in the current test build, with a 3x stacking 20% damage increase, but it still does not have the burst that Assault maintains.
Major Azhandra Rycar The Ebon Hawk server
"I troll people by using Full Auto and shouting
'Vanguards are a ranged class!'"