Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper/BH changes in 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Trooper/BH changes in 1.4

heechJunzi
09.10.2012 , 01:41 PM | #1
So now that patch notes are out... Let's discuss!

- first, I like the nerf on range for PTs. 10m on IR and assault plastique means you can beat them from range.

- what happened to the nerf on range to cryo and electro-dart? Didn't see that in the patch notes.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Nightkin
09.10.2012 , 02:33 PM | #2
Then you didnt read it all

Technohic
09.10.2012 , 02:36 PM | #3
It was there.
\
Quote:
Trooper

General
•Hold the Line now has more noticeable visual effects.

•Cryo Grenade now has a 10-meter range.

jstergar
09.10.2012 , 02:51 PM | #4
Nerf the AC classes that are fine with a nerf that really won't change anything. Then leave their gimpy brother classes that are horribly broken DPS wise (commando/merc) to the dogs. Now there's some outstanding thinking for ya.

Leiralei
09.10.2012 , 04:00 PM | #5
It changes something. It makes snipers/slingers a better counter for pyro/assault, while leaving mara/sent still top of the heap.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

Nightkin
09.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #6
I find i have difficulty expressing my utter disbelief that they end up nerfing pyro mercs and doing practically nothing for arsenal/gunnery trees and at the same time, buffing Rage Jugs and Marauders by a pretty large margin.

So yeah, ive finally snapped and lost faith that these clowns have any idea about pvp balance.

NeoRinTinTin
09.10.2012 , 04:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
I find i have difficulty expressing my utter disbelief that they end up nerfing pyro mercs and doing practically nothing for arsenal/gunnery trees and at the same time, buffing Rage Jugs and Marauders by a pretty large margin.

So yeah, ive finally snapped and lost faith that these clowns have any idea about pvp balance.

They made pryo mercs were more competitive against pryotechs by nerfing pyrotechs, but then go around and buff the two melee classes that didn't ask to be buffed.
Canderous Ordo
Commando Rìn (PVE / PVP)

DarthBloodloss
09.10.2012 , 05:11 PM | #8
Nerfing the snare percentage for Merc Pyro was pretty sad, not to mention unnecessary. All I can do is /facepalm.

They nerfed the crap out of PT Pyro, but Maras only got a 1 second reduction in UR.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

ArchangelLBC
09.11.2012 , 12:54 AM | #9
What I find funny is that as far as I can see, Incendiary Round is now a useless ability for Assault Vanguard. The only advantage I saw (from the commando side) was the ability to free up HiB from range. Now that it's 10m for them why bother wasting 3 ammo instead of 4 for an ability that doesn't snare? I guess there's some argument for stacking DoTs, but honestly I'm not sure I see it.

Anyone who actually plays the class care to comment? Seems to me IR is just a wasted ability now for Assault Vanguards.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

CBRGhostRider
09.11.2012 , 01:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
What I find funny is that as far as I can see, Incendiary Round is now a useless ability for Assault Vanguard. The only advantage I saw (from the commando side) was the ability to free up HiB from range. Now that it's 10m for them why bother wasting 3 ammo instead of 4 for an ability that doesn't snare? I guess there's some argument for stacking DoTs, but honestly I'm not sure I see it.

Anyone who actually plays the class care to comment? Seems to me IR is just a wasted ability now for Assault Vanguards.
Sounds right... spam rapid shots (or whatever the pub side has) from range as you try to close in to 10 meters, and hope to get a CGC proc to free up rail shot/HiB. Oh, and also pray that the ranged class doesn't pull you apart as you try to close in slowly.

We should start a petition to drop boulders randomly across all the wz maps so that we can actually LoS ranged classes now.