Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ENDGAME UPDATE: Space

EnkiduNineEight
09.16.2012 , 02:03 PM | #21
Heh, the only reason I would ever use 'SWG Had it!' as a justification would be in the context of showing how even a lame piece of crap MMO had it.

Autumnpuma
09.16.2012 , 03:41 PM | #22
As an old gamer who grew up with Xevius, the Atari 2600, Commodore 64 and good 'ole arcades in a mall, I rather like the space missions. They look great and are challenging as well. They play like the old school stuff and it's a refreshing change from the MMO gameplay.

Ifrica
09.17.2012 , 03:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Autumnpuma View Post
As an old gamer who grew up with Xevius, the Atari 2600, Commodore 64 and good 'ole arcades in a mall, I rather like the space missions. They look great and are challenging as well. They play like the old school stuff and it's a refreshing change from the MMO gameplay.
c64 and c128 ftw
I'm glad there's still someone sharing the feel i have about the space game
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

EnkiduNineEight
09.17.2012 , 06:57 AM | #24
They aren't bad. Only challenging one for me was the minefield one.

I'm not suggesting though we get rid of them, just use the engine to expand the options some. Make it more part of the game.

phill-fry
09.17.2012 , 10:36 AM | #25
I agree The space battles we have now are good but in my opinion they should only be a temporary thing whilst a detailed space combat system is created, they should then be a mini game alongside the actual space content not the main product.
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. "

Ifrica
09.18.2012 , 12:04 AM | #26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g97RVEp1t6Q

as posted in another thread, I can't understand why people want this? I rather keep the minigame as it is now then see this kinda stuff all over.
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

EnkiduNineEight
09.19.2012 , 08:14 PM | #27
I'm not for total free space. Just a zone or two that can be travelled to. Basically act like nice big 3d planets without the planet.

kirorx
09.19.2012 , 08:26 PM | #28
I enjoyed the space game in SWG very much.

BUT.........

We already pay to play SWTOR, so why would EA vest the time and resources into a project like this.

SWG space was pretty fun but it did very little to help the population there, so it's doubtfull that space would bring an influx of the playerbase.

The majority of MMO players lean toward fantasy games so space content isnt that great a deal to them, and once again the starwars fans are already here and aleady paying so the incentive for EA is very low.

(I do like your ideas, i just dont think EA is focused much on that kind of stuff)
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

EnkiduNineEight
09.22.2012 , 08:52 PM | #29
I believe they would expend effort because they know they need to keep people and activities that 'extend' the end game are things that keep people playing (and paying).

RazorTrooper
09.23.2012 , 03:05 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
Space combat is an extra minigame to pass time in this game, if you say it's not what people have been expecting, that imo isn't true.. people knew what to expect from the space game before launch..
Not really, space combat is so disappointing specialy because it is not like the one shown in trailers before the launch and it is a game that you can play on your Android phone kinda makes me ask why is it in a MMORPG??? And yes this current space combat is total bore you dont need skill to shoot the enemy ships its just shoots for you you just have to target them its really really bad here is how it should look like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNbXqrbUG30
There can be no Light without the Shadow of its bearer.