Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ENDGAME UPDATE: Space

Ifrica
09.13.2012 , 08:10 AM | #11
i do like that idea, but i guess we'll have to wait for those guild ships to actually arrive, tbh i can see myself flying a small tie fighter or xwing out of my guild ship battling some other guild and shooting at the fleet or some space station. i gotto stop dreaming
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

phill-fry
09.13.2012 , 08:55 AM | #12
I'd like to add to the OP's original idea, If a player is soloing space battle then their crew (companions) should man the turrets although their accuracy and fire power would not be as good as compared to another player manning the turret kinda like flashpoints replace missing players with a companion.
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. "

Ifrica
09.13.2012 , 01:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by phill-fry View Post
I'd like to add to the OP's original idea, If a player is soloing space battle then their crew (companions) should man the turrets although their accuracy and fire power would not be as good as compared to another player manning the turret kinda like flashpoints replace missing players with a companion.
Thats actually a good idea and might fit in for a space mission legacy perk imo

Jiminison
09.13.2012 , 06:01 PM | #14
I like your Ideas man ! It's still amazing people shoot down the Idea of less restrictive space battles and world pvp in general . It's just in some peoples nature to go against what other people want just for no other reason than to be anti everything it's a very weird human behavior. I for one welcome anything that gives more options during game play.

EnkiduNineEight
09.13.2012 , 08:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by phill-fry View Post
This is a good idea. I also like the addition of making it a legacy perk you have to purchase on a per companion basis.

Deevaun
09.14.2012 , 02:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
Space combat is an extra minigame to pass time in this game, if you say it's not what people have been expecting, that imo isn't true.. people knew what to expect from the space game before launch..
Who cares what people were expecting. It's what people want. I WANT space. If any other star wars game were to come out with things that I want, guess what? Bye bye Bioware. I'll jump ship in a heart beat for a game more suited to what I want. This game is sorely lacking in world pvp incentive, space, player customization options (Including things like player cities of some sort), and much much more. Warhammer beats this game in world pvp hands down. There are much more pvp instances in Warhammer Bioware could take some notes from. Star Wars Galaxies did player cities fantastic. Also loved the craft system with the different factories and harvesters you could place. I'd say BW took some lessons from AoC from the initial voice over section on the newb island that proved how well voice quests work and they did do the whole game that way which does make it hella fun. The class quests here is great. I also like the mechanics but I will say, AoC has a better combat system imo. I love the combination fights for best results. Add some combat immersion into the game as well.

It's like this. I yearn for SWG when it first came out. A game like that would easily get me to leave Swtor. Imagine, if Sony rolled it back yet kept the new space expansion and beefed up their graphics while adding in voice overs. Game over Swtor, you'd be done for.

I'm not trying to completely bash Biowre. BW has done many wonderful things. But you'll hear it from all players who came from the original days of SWG that you missed the mark.
Deevaun Reenao *Elitist*
Praetorian Invictus

Ifrica
09.14.2012 , 05:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Deevaun View Post
Who cares what people were expecting. It's what people want. I WANT space. If any other star wars game were to come out with things that I want, guess what? Bye bye Bioware. I'll jump ship in a heart beat for a game more suited to what I want. This game is sorely lacking in world pvp incentive, space, player customization options (Including things like player cities of some sort), and much much more. Warhammer beats this game in world pvp hands down. There are much more pvp instances in Warhammer Bioware could take some notes from. Star Wars Galaxies did player cities fantastic. Also loved the craft system with the different factories and harvesters you could place. I'd say BW took some lessons from AoC from the initial voice over section on the newb island that proved how well voice quests work and they did do the whole game that way which does make it hella fun. The class quests here is great. I also like the mechanics but I will say, AoC has a better combat system imo. I love the combination fights for best results. Add some combat immersion into the game as well.

It's like this. I yearn for SWG when it first came out. A game like that would easily get me to leave Swtor. Imagine, if Sony rolled it back yet kept the new space expansion and beefed up their graphics while adding in voice overs. Game over Swtor, you'd be done for.

I'm not trying to completely bash Biowre. BW has done many wonderful things. But you'll hear it from all players who came from the original days of SWG that you missed the mark.
rant rant rant, expectations are everything, if you expect a game to be more then what's it's announced to be, it does matter. and what people want? welcome to life, you'll not always get what you want. i'm really getting tired of these negative comments. up till now i've always been understanding in my replies and comments in this forum, but you actually stepped on my toes, hard, with your attack here. so i'm going to give you a reply that i normally wouldn't make, but if you hate it - don't play it!

No world pvp? then try to do something about it 'yourself'. if people run away like chickens if they see someone form the opposite faction, then it's not BW's fault there is no world pvp, i know that i'm having alot of fun in the Black Hole area with the pvp fights we have there. and yet again there is the player housing that pops up, go play the sims, you can build multiple houses, decorate them, and do quests with your sims, let them work etc, maybe that is more your kinda game, oh wait, no, they don't have a flight simulator in it, too bad.

and about your comment, this isn't SWG, will never be, too bad for you guys who loved it, but don't come in here complain that this is a different game, go complain to the guys that shut down SWG.

phill-fry
09.14.2012 , 07:48 AM | #18
We'll have to see what Bioware give us when they release their secret space project (if they ever do)
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. "

EnkiduNineEight
09.14.2012 , 07:34 PM | #19
I'm certainly not in the SWG was the best MMO ever crowd. I was in the closed beta and the early game and just did not like it. It was arbitrary and silly to become a Jedi and while player housing/cities had their attraction they just didn't carry the game for me like they did others.

If you want to hard core roleplay being a moisture farmer, its easy enough to get your friends together and occupy some corner of tatooine. You don't really need additional tools to do that.

For me, I believe the future of MMO's is to make them fun and easy to play in short time chunks. But give people a reason to keep coming back once they have capped and running raids repeatedly just doesnt do it, which is why pvP has become such an important element in most every game.

But Warzones get tiresome as well, so see my other thread at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530312 (pimp pimp) for some open world pvp 'ideas' and then this idea for more interaction/fun for the space game.

Grinstone
09.16.2012 , 07:09 AM | #20
While I am completely indifferent to the general idea of the 'free space' idea, especially from the whole "well SWG had it" perspective, I think it certainly has potential as an alternative endgame offering for PvE as well.

BioWare certainly didn't do itself any favors by pulling the standard engame solution off the shelf and implementing it without even the pretense of trying to add something of their own to it. Adding an alternative for something to do at the level cap would certainly spice things up. There are a number of ways they can go about the loot thing, other than the obvious, including things with guild capital ships (I'd be surprised if those don't happen before the implementation of this kind of space system). This could be as simple as some kind of currency/token to upgrade the guild ships or even buy bigger/cooler ships.
If it bleeds it's probably pissed that you shot it.