Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP needs to be divided by valor ranks!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP needs to be divided by valor ranks!!!

Sindistical
09.07.2012 , 04:01 PM | #1
Level 50 pvp is absolutely atrociously one sided. It is always one sided w/ war heroes, warlords, and conquerors on one side vs. player that are in recruit or battlemaster gear. Players w/ valor rank 70 need to be separated from players below valor rank 70. It is not fair to always be subjected to the relentless farming that players above valor rank 70 do in warzones. I don't mind having to work to get geared but this is downright pathetic lately. What needs to change is simple. Keep players in battlemaster gear and below together and keep valor rank 70 and above together. This will prevent the assinine farming that is so prevalent lately in warzones. All i'm asking is to keep the warzones a little bit more balanced or at least change the matching system so that it is more balanced.

Masarko
09.07.2012 , 04:11 PM | #2
Cross server ques first!

oredith
09.07.2012 , 04:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindistical View Post
Level 50 pvp is absolutely atrociously one sided. It is always one sided w/ war heroes, warlords, and conquerors on one side vs. player that are in recruit or battlemaster gear. Players w/ valor rank 70 need to be separated from players below valor rank 70. It is not fair to always be subjected to the relentless farming that players above valor rank 70 do in warzones. I don't mind having to work to get geared but this is downright pathetic lately. What needs to change is simple. Keep players in battlemaster gear and below together and keep valor rank 70 and above together. This will prevent the assinine farming that is so prevalent lately in warzones. All i'm asking is to keep the warzones a little bit more balanced or at least change the matching system so that it is more balanced.
how do you feel about much longer queue times?
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Ghostuka
09.07.2012 , 04:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
how do you feel about much longer queue times?
this ^^^
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

RAVM
09.07.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
As mentioned, they'd have to do cross server queues first, and Bioware seems quite against that. With the server purge, that would also mean mixing players from different server types (PVP, PVE).

LiveandDieinLA
09.07.2012 , 04:33 PM | #6
Valor rank means nothing, there are a bunch of elite warlords on my server that I would never go into a ranked wz with, while there are a few people who aren't fully geared who we do take and who put up ridiculous numbers.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

Order-Sixty-Six
09.07.2012 , 06:36 PM | #7
Man I hate it. 91 valor and itemized all the way to the hilt, its stressful on days that I get put on teams with 5 people that are 15k hp or less with a note from bioware saying " **** you, have fun carrying them".

I try to be a good sport, but when 6 of them go middle to fight 3 players and get wiped, while I'm holding 3 off a node on my own - I can't help but want to shout BADDIES in ops chat.

its even worse when 4 of them run for the enemy node, forget our turret, and don't even stop the cap - let alone capture it.

I wouldn't mind a system where I am put on teams with players who are closer geared to me so it's not such a large gap of experience. Guild pvp is dying on my server, barely any of the guilds run with just their own members - it's just combination teams.
Warlord Icuii Isa'Baddie of The Shadowlands.
Shadow | ( 27 0 14 )
Retired, PvP Veteran Status yea? May check back in on swtor when f2p hits or something, idk.

cycao
09.07.2012 , 06:41 PM | #8
eh that really wont solve the "problem". While I cannot deny that there is a gear gap I know people that have been sending their alts WH modded legacy gear so when their alts hit 50 they are DTF. They need to divide by expertise if anything. Heck I watched a video just last week about a guy who dinged 50 in a 10-49 prior to the game and equiped a set of WH gear armor.

Luxidenstore
09.07.2012 , 06:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RAVM View Post
As mentioned, they'd have to do cross server queues first, and Bioware seems quite against that.
Which is hilarious now considering Biowares response to that has always been "But teh communiteeeeh"

You'd think that argument would be dead after the server mergers, with rumours of even more mergers circulating.
Only healed myself to 99% - FAIL!

Helistin
09.07.2012 , 06:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxidenstore View Post
"But teh communiteeeeh"
In reality that translates to "We don't have the tech"
Immortal Juggernaut Med Operative Rage Marauder Marksman Sniper