Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crede's Anni Marauder/Watchman Sent In-Depth PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Crede's Anni Marauder/Watchman Sent In-Depth PvP Guide

heechJunzi
09.08.2012 , 11:00 AM | #21
You guys sure we shouldn't be stacking expertise? I have heard it both ways, that there's a DR at 1200... but I've also heard there isn't, and we should still take all the expertise we can.

I tried the 41 power crystal for a while, as well as the black hole adapter... giving up expertise for other stats. In both cases I "felt" I was both surviving and doing better dps with max expertise.

Oh and, force camo gets you thru a firepit without damage? Really?
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

svalentine
09.08.2012 , 02:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
I said without taking a ton of damage, Camo cuts 50% of damage taken and is great when you need to get through fire so a jugg/guardian can jump to you for the score

As for expertise, from past testing, I found around 1200 to be the best number.. I will do more testing and get back to you

PoliteAssasin
09.08.2012 , 06:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
You guys sure we shouldn't be stacking expertise? I have heard it both ways, that there's a DR at 1200... but I've also heard there isn't, and we should still take all the expertise we can.

I tried the 41 power crystal for a while, as well as the black hole adapter... giving up expertise for other stats. In both cases I "felt" I was both surviving and doing better dps with max expertise.

You don't need to stack expertise too high. Get around 1k and you should be fine. I have 1158 currently, and that's with moddable bracers and belts.

Also force camo used to be 100% damage reduction, but as he said above its 50% now.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Eszi
09.09.2012 , 04:21 AM | #24
lol at 1 point in inflammation
and you don't mention the awesome burst of master strike -> merciless?

Also, i don't really get why people say it's better to stack power and run around with 20% crit
Sure, you have 6 zen auto crits on dots, but unless you are going to have it up all the time, your argument is invalid.
Don't forget other stuff like master strike, dispatch, merciless slash and that dot crits heal you

PoliteAssasin
09.09.2012 , 04:36 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
lol at 1 point in inflammation
and you don't mention the awesome burst of master strike -> merciless?

Also, i don't really get why people say it's better to stack power and run around with 20% crit
Sure, you have 6 zen auto crits on dots, but unless you are going to have it up all the time, your argument is invalid.
Don't forget other stuff like master strike, dispatch, merciless slash and that dot crits heal you
Because by stacking 1300 power I get 949 primary damage along with 25% critical chance and 77% multiplier. I get plenty of 6/7k hits on merc slash. Also, zen doesn't auto crit, it increases your dots critical chance by 100%.
With 25% melee critical chance you're going to have about 30% force critical, which affects your burns. Additionally of specced, each stack of juyo will increase burn critical chance by 3%, so that's an additional 15% with five stacks of juyo. Basically once I get that I'm sitting at about 45-50 (depending on spec) for force critical chance maximum. Essentially, whenever I apply dots I'm going to get heals, without needing to always rely on zen. My other attacks crit very often with my 25% chance, and due to high power, they are incredibly high. If someone has 20% chance unbuffed, and is stacking power, then they should be fine. If its 20% buffed, then I'd be a bit worried. Oh and since you made eye rolls cool,
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

LiveandDieinLA
09.09.2012 , 10:28 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Because by stacking 1300 power I get 949 primary damage along with 25% critical chance and 77% multiplier. I get plenty of 6/7k hits on merc slash. Also, zen doesn't auto crit, it increases your dots critical chance by 100%.
With 25% melee critical chance you're going to have about 30% force critical, which affects your burns. Additionally of specced, each stack of juyo will increase burn critical chance by 3%, so that's an additional 15% with five stacks of juyo. Basically once I get that I'm sitting at about 45-50 (depending on spec) for force critical chance maximum. Essentially, whenever I apply dots I'm going to get heals, without needing to always rely on zen. My other attacks crit very often with my 25% chance, and due to high power, they are incredibly high. If someone has 20% chance unbuffed, and is stacking power, then they should be fine. If its 20% buffed, then I'd be a bit worried. Oh and since you made eye rolls cool,
Zen does auto crit.

Its the same thing as saberward giving you 50% more change to block of parry. It doesn't give you 50% more of 5% (7.5%), it gives you 50% more total (55%).

I can understand why you have this misconception though, the tooltip is poorly worded.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

Cymate
09.09.2012 , 11:13 AM | #27
I loved the intro rotation

Because I'm still 50% recruit geared with 1058 expertise and 15k health buffed, I try to select my target and jump to it fast without forewarning the defensive goons that would 3 shot me and without wasting my vanish card if used as a gap closer.

And I've been KBed once for the last 10 games. Level of each differnent teams is varying wildly these days on my server (pleasure barge baybee) . I seen perfect team and perfect brain damaged ***** teams from hell along with care bears grooming each others around the magic node while me and a m8 try some sneaky ways to get freeze dried and exploded every 2 minutes.

I agree that after that we have to adapt to the flow, like I watch the focus meter and try to select the best skill or/and rebuild focus.

Edit: I tried your same build and used the tips and went from 60k damage average to 110k yesterday night. Mainly It gave me a slightly larger time window to evade when things goes bad and that's a huge difference.

PoliteAssasin
09.09.2012 , 11:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LiveandDieinLA View Post
Zen does auto crit.

Its the same thing as saberward giving you 50% more change to block of parry. It doesn't give you 50% more of 5% (7.5%), it gives you 50% more total (55%).

I can understand why you have this misconception though, the tooltip is poorly worded.
http://db.darthhater.com/abilities/1113/zen/

http://www.torhead.com/ability/9u2WXtY/zen

http://www.torhead.com/ability/5TCbWzd/saber-ward

You keep thinking that buddy.

LiveandDieinLA
09.09.2012 , 12:59 PM | #29
Yeah, it increases the critical chance of your burn attacks by 100%, adding 100% crit chance to your burns crit chance.

Seriously, if you dont know something this basic you should really stop giving out advice. It's laughable.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

PoliteAssasin
09.09.2012 , 04:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LiveandDieinLA View Post
Yeah, it increases the critical chance of your burn attacks by 100%, adding 100% crit chance to your burns crit chance.

Seriously, if you dont know something this basic you should really stop giving out advice. It's laughable.
No, it increases your existing chance by 100%, not too 100%. But keep believing that bud.