Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crede's Anni Marauder/Watchman Sent In-Depth PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Crede's Anni Marauder/Watchman Sent In-Depth PvP Guide

svalentine
09.07.2012 , 02:06 PM | #1
Hey everyone,

I play on Canderous Ordo and just made a guide on PvPing as a Watchman Sentinel or Annihilation Marauder.

The guide covers Spec, Priorities, and Min-Maxing. It will help from the newest of people to those who play pretty heavily. Give it a look and place any questions here and I will try to respond quickly.

Enjoy!
http://www.ld-fifty.com/jedi-knight/...8sept-2012%29/

LiveandDieinLA
09.07.2012 , 03:35 PM | #2
Pretty good guide. Only criticism I would make is that force leap really shouldn't be treated as a focus builder, which is how you characterized it.
I also optimized my stats differntly, with over 1100 power I still have over 30% crit, so that part of your guide is a little inaccurate, but good work.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

PoliteAssasin
09.07.2012 , 03:52 PM | #3
Not bad. He's right about using force charge as a focus builder, especially with the vindicators bonus. I've been using it for a while, and it's quite helpful. Two things though:

1. Force camo should also be used to close the gaps against snipers since we can't leap to them in cover.
2. You're gonna want to go with power over strength if your in annihilation/watchman. It gives better damage. Currently I'm sitting at 1300 power, 25% crit, and 77% multiplier. My primary is 949. I crit often with my build, and when I crit it hurts. Having focused strength over power prior to usin this build, in now see a major increase in my damage output. Hell, people on my server are falsely accusing me of hacking due to my dps. This is just the most optimal build I've arrived at after long experimentations. If you're satisfied with your build however, more power to you. You mentioned that you have issues fighting multiple people listing your 20k health as something that helps. If your dps burns down multiple people before they can burn you, your survivability has gone up. I'm sitting at 18200 health, and have no issues surviving with my build. Especially against multiple opponents since I've been constantly marked in warzones for the past two months.

LiveandDieinLA
09.07.2012 , 04:23 PM | #4
949 max damage? With 1300 power? I'm at like 1110 primary with just over 1100 power. What's your str like 1400?

And I still strenously disagree with using leap in your normal rotation. Its too important of a move, and is really better used as an interupt and a gap closer. Using your leap off cooldown to build focus is a really bad habit that lots of anni/watchmen develop. Sure, 10% more damage after leap is great, but 10 % more of 0 is 0, and if you close quarters leap at a class with a kb thats exactly how much damage you will be doing for those 5 seconds.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

HuntersPoint
09.07.2012 , 04:25 PM | #5
Nice guide dude, I still haven't figured out the perfect spot on my chain for saber overload, if I'm in range it usually goes after zealous strike, but if I force leap in it goes while in transit, have to figure out what's the sweet spot for it.

also I have never thought about the vindicator gear part. good looking out

svalentine
09.07.2012 , 05:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Not bad. He's right about using force charge as a focus builder, especially with the vindicators bonus. I've been using it for a while, and it's quite helpful. Two things though:

1. Force camo should also be used to close the gaps against snipers since we can't leap to them in cover.
2. You're gonna want to go with power over strength if your in annihilation/watchman. It gives better damage. Currently I'm sitting at 1300 power, 25% crit, and 77% multiplier. My primary is 949. I crit often with my build, and when I crit it hurts. Having focused strength over power prior to usin this build, in now see a major increase in my damage output. Hell, people on my server are falsely accusing me of hacking due to my dps. This is just the most optimal build I've arrived at after long experimentations. If you're satisfied with your build however, more power to you. You mentioned that you have issues fighting multiple people listing your 20k health as something that helps. If your dps burns down multiple people before they can burn you, your survivability has gone up. I'm sitting at 18200 health, and have no issues surviving with my build. Especially against multiple opponents since I've been constantly marked in warzones for the past two months.
I updated the camo, thanks a lot for pointing that out as it is an important part against those high dps classes.

As for the whole power argument, there are people on both sides, and we will never know without extreme testing, but I feel that Crit does play a major part considering if berserk/zen is down or you need the utility of inspiration/bloodthirst or transcendence/predation

nonetheless there is a great guide here on testing the Power vs Crit argument

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...50#post5126750

And onto the health, I'm mainly thinking of going up against higher quality teams, specifically rateds. In those situations, 20k health is a necessity.. If not, you're a couple of rail shots away from death

svalentine
09.07.2012 , 05:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HuntersPoint View Post
Nice guide dude, I still haven't figured out the perfect spot on my chain for saber overload, if I'm in range it usually goes after zealous strike, but if I force leap in it goes while in transit, have to figure out what's the sweet spot for it.

also I have never thought about the vindicator gear part. good looking out
I use overload saber while force jumping because it's off of the global cooldown and saves time

and thanks!

PoliteAssasin
09.07.2012 , 06:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LiveandDieinLA View Post
949 max damage? With 1300 power? I'm at like 1110 primary with just over 1100 power. What's your str like 1400?

And I still strenously disagree with using leap in your normal rotation. Its too important of a move, and is really better used as an interupt and a gap closer. Using your leap off cooldown to build focus is a really bad habit that lots of anni/watchmen develop. Sure, 10% more damage after leap is great, but 10 % more of 0 is 0, and if you close quarters leap at a class with a kb thats exactly how much damage you will be doing for those 5 seconds.
Around 1450 strength yes. This is for pvp though. I Dont see how you gonna get 1100 primary damage without losing heavily on expertise. If not, by all means share your build. As for a leap, ask the people I kill how it's doin for them. Not only can I have 10% damage every 7 seconds or so, but coupled with 3 stacks of overload, and 5 of juyo, you're going I drop. I have no issue whatsoever with players who try to kite. If I'm gunning for a player, they're gonna die no matter what. Not only do I have leap on 12 seconds, I have force camo, and trans on valorous call. My cauterize also slows the target down. You're also assuming that I open up with a leap. Unlike most sentinels, I run up to targets in anticipation for the Knockback. Even if I do open with a leap, I'll have an overload saber and merc slash on the target before they even get the chance to Knockback. However that opening is used rarely. I'm assuming your referring to the dual weilders who leap > ravage/master strike. In which case yes they're going to lose dps due to it being channeled.

PoliteAssasin
09.07.2012 , 06:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by svalentine View Post
I updated the camo, thanks a lot for pointing that out as it is an important part against those high dps classes.

As for the whole power argument, there are people on both sides, and we will never know without extreme testing, but I feel that Crit does play a major part considering if berserk/zen is down or you need the utility of inspiration/bloodthirst or transcendence/predation

nonetheless there is a great guide here on testing the Power vs Crit argument

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...50#post5126750

And onto the health, I'm mainly thinking of going up against higher quality teams, specifically rateds. In those situations, 20k health is a necessity.. If not, you're a couple of rail shots away from death
No problem. As for the stats I guess to each their own. I'm only offering my opinion based on my own testin of stacking both. My dps with stacking pure power and crit is higher than when I stacked strength/crit with minimal power. And I agree that you cannot always rely on zen. Especially for attacks such as slash, master strike, merciless slash, etc.

In regards to health I used to run with around 19500 when I was stacking strength. I was a bit worried that I ended up at 18200 when I changed to power. However having played this a lot lately, I don't really see any detrimental effects. If anything my increase in damage ensures my survivability. but again to each their own I suppose. Whatever you feel gets the job done. I don't know about you, but I've had people falsely accuse me of hacking due to my high dps. I'm not saying that to brag, It's actually rather annoying, but just something that has been happening ever since I switched to pure power/crit. Im assuming that means I must be doing something right. Good guide though.

LiveandDieinLA
09.07.2012 , 06:55 PM | #10
I have 1208 expertise, 1702 str, 1634 end, 1102 power, 205 crit, and 371 surge. Im too lazy to make a virtual version of my toon, but i have re-modded everything, with WH deft mod 26's in every mod slot, 2 power relics, orange belt and bracers with might 26s. I have 2 power surge enhancements and the rest are a mix of accuracy and crit enhancements.

My stat lines are:
948-1110 primary
214-321 secondary
623 bonus damage
96.34 accuracy
30.06 crit
77.95 crit multiplier
19027 hp.

I understand how to play the class, over 2000 rating, and I know what the talents do. Im just trying to give some sound advice that leap shouldn't just be used off cd.
I mean, I leap a lot in wzs, but if im pounding on a sorc who hasn't used overload Im not going to use my leap to generate focus, thats a nub move.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP