Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

Sziroten
11.28.2012 , 05:18 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by exca View Post
I can't help unless you give me more details. Such as what your PC is, which OS you run, and what have you exactly done?
It's an Alienware 17x R4 with Windows 7.

I installed ImDisk which created a virtual drive R.
After that I set up the ImDisk via this website suggested in the ImDisk faq. Now, as I've never created a virtual drive before.... does it work like a "real" drive, so I can access/ create folders inside etc. or is it something different? The reason I'm asking this question is because when I double click on the drive I can't open it. The reason I originally wanted to open it was to check if there was a temp folder inside....

exca
11.28.2012 , 06:02 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Sziroten View Post
It's an Alienware 17x R4 with Windows 7.

I installed ImDisk which created a virtual drive R.
After that I set up the ImDisk via this website suggested in the ImDisk faq. Now, as I've never created a virtual drive before.... does it work like a "real" drive, so I can access/ create folders inside etc. or is it something different? The reason I'm asking this question is because when I double click on the drive I can't open it. The reason I originally wanted to open it was to check if there was a temp folder inside....
Make sure you have Windows x64.
Uninstall Imdisk. Reboot. Install the imdisk provided in my zip (i didn't update the provided one with the one on the author site from the 2nd november). Then follow the install guide in the original post.
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis
Dev de : SWTOR Unleashed (FR) - augmente la fluidité de SWTOR
Dev of : SWTOR Unleashed (US) - raises SWTOR fluidity

DarthVitrial
11.28.2012 , 08:03 PM | #263
What are your computer and OS? What did you do exactly? Where do you see/get this error?

Computer: Acer V3-771G.
This error appears in the event log when I turn my PC on the day after using SWTOR Unleashed.

On another note, is Unleashed going to be updated for the new Imdisk? There's a chance that might fix this error.

Murahjazz
11.28.2012 , 10:12 PM | #264
Its ironic a person from the community had to come along and fix biowares game to make it playable

Thank you will test when new ram arrives!

exca
11.29.2012 , 12:49 AM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
Computer: Acer V3-771G.
This error appears in the event log when I turn my PC on the day after using SWTOR Unleashed.

On another note, is Unleashed going to be updated for the new Imdisk? There's a chance that might fix this error.
Maybe, but not very soon. Please use the imdisk installer I provide in my zip rather than the very latest one from author's site and tell me if it helped.
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis

Theagg
11.29.2012 , 11:54 AM | #266
Odd, I can't get SWTOR unleashed to run.

I have had no problems setting the Ramdisk and copying in files via the modified batch file method but now I have decided to try using Unleashed instead, it keeps throwing errors at me when I click save, apply and close.

Error boxes are, as follows.

"The Device is not Ready"
"Setting RamDrive=[R] is taken already. Please selecy another drive letter.
"Please choose valid settings so they can be saved"

Imdisk (that came with Unleashed) is installed. There is no drive R already on my system, the message about Drive letter R is the same no matter what letter I choose.

I'm obviously missing out something simple here (but there are a lot of back posts to try to read through to find out if this has been mentioned before and my assumption is that once Imdisk is installed , I then don't have to mannually set up the Ramdisk, Unleashed does that, correct ?

Windows 7 x64 16GB RAM.

exca
11.29.2012 , 12:56 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Odd, I can't get SWTOR unleashed to run.

I have had no problems setting the Ramdisk and copying in files via the modified batch file method but now I have decided to try using Unleashed instead, it keeps throwing errors at me when I click save, apply and close.

Error boxes are, as follows.

"The Device is not Ready"
"Setting RamDrive=[R] is taken already. Please selecy another drive letter.
"Please choose valid settings so they can be saved"

Imdisk (that came with Unleashed) is installed. There is no drive R already on my system, the message about Drive letter R is the same no matter what letter I choose.

I'm obviously missing out something simple here (but there are a lot of back posts to try to read through to find out if this has been mentioned before and my assumption is that once Imdisk is installed , I then don't have to mannually set up the Ramdisk, Unleashed does that, correct ?

Windows 7 x64 16GB RAM.
Can you post here your log file? Are you using the latest version of unleashed? Do you use the included imdisk installer? Have you tried in settings to choose another drive letter than R?

Theagg
11.29.2012 , 02:26 PM | #268
Can you post here your log file? Are you using the latest version of unleashed? Do you use the included imdisk installer? Have you tried in settings to choose another drive letter than R?
Yes, included Imdisk installer was used and yes, tried different drive letter but the error message still popped up saying letter R is already taken. Ie, it keeps mentioning R even though I try other drive letters.

log as follows

Spoiler

exca
11.29.2012 , 04:17 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Yes, included Imdisk installer was used and yes, tried different drive letter but the error message still popped up saying letter R is already taken. Ie, it keeps mentioning R even though I try other drive letters.

log as follows

Spoiler
Seems to me your log isn't complete since it lacks some rows here and there while i tried tracking it in the source code.
Try to uninstall imdisk completely, reboot, redownload latest unleashed, install the included imdisk, reboot and launch again SWTOR unleashed.

DJThomas
11.30.2012 , 03:10 PM | #270
Wow... Thanks to all who made this program! I currently have 12 GB of RAM in my system, and before i installed this program, i was running the game at about mid range graphics settings with an average of 40 FPS... with the same settings on, and running the SWTOR unleashed program, my performance jumped to a whopping 95 FPS!!! Excellent job folks, keep up the good work!
Tylu The Light-Sovereign Legacy

Lvl 50 Jedi Sentinel Server: The Ebon Hawk
The Exalted