Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

BogyOne
11.05.2012 , 05:41 AM | #221
Hey,
when I quit the game in Unleashed mode, how do I start it again without ramdrive being rebuild from scratch?

I already had this question and response was that program is already doing that yet I observed that it is being recreated when I click "Unleashed". I must be doing something wrong then but cannot pinpoint it.

Thanks

PS. If anybody wonders - program works equally great with Win 8 Pro.

BogyOne
11.05.2012 , 05:51 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by VassiliOFP View Post
This totally changed my experience of the game ! I now run the game smoothly at high settings when i struggled getting constant framrates on low settings before ! thanks !

I'd just like to know if anyone has found which swtormain_area_ files to add for VOIDSTAR and NOVARE COAST warzones ?

thanks !
I use ProcMon program for that. I set it up to monitor swtor.exe and set filter to exclude any events when game reaches to ramdisk. Then I enter the area I want to check, start event collection, after hour or so I check the report for reference to individual files and pick few top in two separate categories: number of references to file and amount of data from each file.
All what is left is to add these files to Unleashed list and do not forget to turn off collecting when you are not in area you want.

Karquile
11.05.2012 , 11:27 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Will get an SSD today, Samsung 830. It's not the fastest, but since my mobo still has SATA2 it won't matter much anyway, but primarily chose this one because it has the best reliability reviews.
With 8GB of OCZ Fatality DDR2 RAM, is it worth trying a RAMdisk solution?
If you format that SSD with NTFS (not FAT) and move the game there, you shouldn't need anything else.
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300

exca
11.05.2012 , 12:32 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Karquile View Post
There is nothing misleading about my comment. [...] but it should not actually be needed by people with SSD.
Quote: Originally Posted by Karquile View Post
If you format that SSD with NTFS (not FAT) and move the game there, you shouldn't need anything else.
That's exactly what I'm saying. You don't understand.
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis
Dev de : SWTOR Unleashed (FR) - augmente la fluidité de SWTOR
Dev of : SWTOR Unleashed (US) - raises SWTOR fluidity

exca
11.05.2012 , 12:43 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Ever tried it with AMD RAMdisk?
http://www.radeonramdisk.com/
I'm curious in trying this out. Will get an SSD today, Samsung 830. It's not the fastest, but since my mobo still has SATA2 it won't matter much anyway, but primarily chose this one because it has the best reliability reviews.
With 8GB of OCZ Fatality DDR2 RAM, is it worth trying a RAMdisk solution?
It will outperform 10x at least the best SDD, so yes.
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis

exca
11.05.2012 , 12:46 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by BogyOne View Post
Hey,
when I quit the game in Unleashed mode, how do I start it again without ramdrive being rebuild from scratch?

I already had this question and response was that program is already doing that yet I observed that it is being recreated when I click "Unleashed". I must be doing something wrong then but cannot pinpoint it.

Thanks

PS. If anybody wonders - program works equally great with Win 8 Pro.
If you reboot between it's normal. It won't rebuild it if you don't reboot in the mean time.

Sameria
11.05.2012 , 01:37 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by BogyOne View Post
Hey,

If you simply quit the game in Unleashed mode and wish to start it back up, simply use your normal swtor launcher, since the RAM disk is already created and symbolic links used, it will be fine.

in response to your linked post... there is no way to keep it stored in RAM during a reboot or a shutdown. You could set Unleashed to run at startup and there is info on the first page regarding this.
Karisa - Carnek - Karise - Ethria - Elisy - Kodo - Sameria
R E I G N

Sith Empire - PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Official Guild Website

DragonAgeOrgins
11.05.2012 , 01:50 PM | #228
We don't have to do this on other games. We shouldn't need a "How To" list from other members to do it to this game. Other games I played run perfectly fine with no over heating. However I will use some of the advice listed. It's just sad we have take advice from fellow members rather then the game just run fine on it's own.

exca
11.05.2012 , 02:18 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Sameria View Post
If you simply quit the game in Unleashed mode and wish to start it back up, simply use your normal swtor launcher, since the RAM disk is already created and symbolic links used, it will be fine.

in response to your linked post... there is no way to keep it stored in RAM during a reboot or a shutdown. You could set Unleashed to run at startup and there is info on the first page regarding this.
I already answered him. He should start unleashed with swtor unleashed, not the normal launcher. Never. Since it will verify everything is in place. If you do as you say you might encounter several problems depending on what you do between 2 game sessions.

exca
11.05.2012 , 02:19 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
We don't have to do this on other games. We shouldn't need a "How To" list from other members to do it to this game. Other games I played run perfectly fine with no over heating. However I will use some of the advice listed. It's just sad we have take advice from fellow members rather then the game just run fine on it's own.
True, but you have to face it : either you'll run the game slower until they make a change, or you try to make it faster in the mean time one way or the other. Your choice.