Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolve changes - are you even listening?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Resolve changes - are you even listening?

Crawelc
09.05.2012 , 12:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearine View Post
The most funny part is this:

If its only for the caster then its OK since it will be probably for defensive use.
But if it works for anyone we gonna have lots of "fun".

I mean a 3 sec unbreakable AOE cc with 25 sec cooldown?
And the bubble can be breaked on purpose by a mara/jug after they leap? Or a sin/op?
Probably combined with Orbital Strikes, Smashes, Death fields etc?

Wow!!!! Cannot wait to see it!

To developers: Guys, now that the game becomes F2P are you gonna play it at last?
If I am not mistaken they can actually get the debuff applied by the shield down to 17 seconds. As a class with no hard stunn I CANT WAIT.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Fearine
09.05.2012 , 01:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
If I am not mistaken they can actually get the debuff applied by the shield down to 17 seconds. As a class with no hard stunn I CANT WAIT.
I don't know this but if is true it becomes more funny.
People complain about Stun Wars and Bioware makes Stun Wars Deluxe.

Bioware is like Vatican during Medieval.
Vatican thought the Earth was flat and Bioware thought they made the perfect ending for Mass Effect 3.
All the rest of the global had different opinion.
Bioware's famous metrics revealed:
Q: Someone told me his son (George Lukas) played the game.
Answer: (Bioware) Yeah I heard that too. A lot of us with teenage kids try to get them to explain things to us.

Malkavier
09.05.2012 , 01:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
im sorry, im having trouble reading this without laughing.. can you tell me from the patch notes, where is the BUFF for Mercs? we get an interrupt and a knock back nerf imo.
Your KB is being changed from a KB that filled a resolve bar to full, into a stun that does not. Stop crying.

Afterburners/Concussive Force: Rocket Punch/Stockstrike now immobilizes the target for 4 seconds instead of knocking it back. Damage caused after 2 seconds ends the effect. The knockback previously caused by this skill generated enough Resolve that it was actually detrimental to the Mercenary/Commando’s ability to further escape the attacker.

Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt, Disabling Shot. <-- I think I'll pass on whatever you've been smoking, as interrupts are key abilities to have in any PvP environment, and now you get one for 30m range.

Tracer Lock/Charged Barrel: Now each stack additionally reduces the activation time of your next Healing Scan/Advanced Medical Probe by 20% per stack.

Kolto Residue: Now additionally snares enemies struck by your Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb by 50% for 3 seconds.

New Bodyguard/Combat Medic skill, Peacekeeper/Frontline Medic: While protected by your own Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe, firing Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot at an enemy triggers your Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe to heal you on a separate 3-second rate limit. <-- Big buff to heal Mercs.

Self heals just by using your basic attack while your most commonly used self-buff is active? Please tell me more about how you'll just be a punching bag.

HelinCarnate
09.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SyphonSith View Post
This can actually be a positive thing for PUG groups in Huttball. So many times I've seen a group be constantly rolled over by an organized group because the ball carrier is immune to everything and easily walks the ball into the endzone, due to the fact that so many un-organized or un-aware PUG players were throwing premature stuns, CC's, etc filling the carriers resolve ( making it nearly impossible to stop the carrier ),
I was one of the 7 people that liked the resolve system as is, and even I am against this proposed change. If you cater to the disorganized and stupid, then that is what you will get. The organized and smart ones will go somehwere else.

This change just ensures that you will use your stun breaker less often, because you will have full resolve less often and you will spend more time being stunned.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

stendarrs
09.05.2012 , 02:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
Your KB is being changed from a KB that filled a resolve bar to full, into a stun that does not. Stop crying.

Afterburners/Concussive Force: Rocket Punch/Stockstrike now immobilizes the target for 4 seconds instead of knocking it back. Damage caused after 2 seconds ends the effect. The knockback previously caused by this skill generated enough Resolve that it was actually detrimental to the Mercenary/Commando’s ability to further escape the attacker.
Please start comprehending. They say the issue is filling the resolve bar, so this is not a stun, IT'S A ROOT! Please tell me how rooting a bunch of people around a node while trying to defend it helps me at all. I want to knock them off the node so they are forced to walk (slowly) back to the node, thus buying my team time to recover.

Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt, Disabling Shot. <-- I think I'll pass on whatever you've been smoking, as interrupts are key abilities to have in any PvP environment, and now you get one for 30m range.
I'm personally not even going to consider the addition of an interrupt as a buff because it was a complete screw up by the devs leaving it out in the first place. So, grats to the devs on only taking 8 months to realize that you left off one of the most fundamental abilities from one class.

Tracer Lock/Charged Barrel: Now each stack additionally reduces the activation time of your next Healing Scan/Advanced Medical Probe by 20% per stack.
This is great because healers really should spend time casting dps instead of casting heals.

Kolto Residue: Now additionally snares enemies struck by your Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb by 50% for 3 seconds.

New Bodyguard/Combat Medic skill, Peacekeeper/Frontline Medic: While protected by your own Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe, firing Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot at an enemy triggers your Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe to heal you on a separate 3-second rate limit. <-- Big buff to heal Mercs.

Self heals just by using your basic attack while your most commonly used self-buff is active? Please tell me more about how you'll just be a punching bag.
Commando healers are currently the worst for PvP, this is the one attempt at bringing them up to the level of other classes.

Slicktime
09.05.2012 , 02:16 PM | #26

do you know what you are talking about? do you know the difference between a root and a stun? the kb will be a root NOT A STUN. you clearly called it a stun. 4 seconds is not enough time to run away from a leaper plain and simple. the kb was key for hutball. more of a nerf and 1 of the MANY reasons i won't sub again. keeping dragging the same sh111t through the mud instead of fixing things.

HelinCarnate
09.05.2012 , 02:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BlastingGravy View Post
Ok, could those of you who are doomsaying explain where you are getting the idea that you will be stunned for longer? They said that overlapping stuns won't build as much resolve. If the stuns are overlapping, then you aren't getting stunned for longer. For players who know what they're doing (who don't waste a stun on an already stunned target), this won't change anything.
Yes, you are being stunned for longer. Now, if you get hit with 2 overlapping stuns, (happens a lot even with teams that know what they are doing) your resolve fills up and after the stun wears off (or you hit your breaker) you cannot be stunned for several seconds.

After the change, if you get hit with 2 overlapping stuns, your resolve does not fill up after the stun wears off and you can be stunned again.

I like resolve the way it is and even I think this change is foolish.
Dear BW,
Signed, Rock.

HelinCarnate
09.05.2012 , 02:25 PM | #28
Your KB is being changed from a KB that filled a resolve bar to full, into a stun that does not. Stop crying......
An imobilize is not a stun. The rest is accurate.
Dear BW,
Signed, Rock.

Ghostuka
09.05.2012 , 02:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by stendarrs View Post
Please start comprehending. They say the issue is filling the resolve bar, so this is not a stun, IT'S A ROOT! Please tell me how rooting a bunch of people around a node while trying to defend it helps me at all. I want to knock them off the node so they are forced to walk (slowly) back to the node, thus buying my team time to recover.
Let me hit this before anyone else: L2P
Rocket punch does not slow anyone. It used to knockback 4 meters (with 2 skill points). Single target. You can still interrupt node caps with rocket punch. It does not knockback, but why are you moving in melee range when you can interrupt a node cap from range? And why do you need a 4 m knockback to stop a cap anyway?

I'm personally not even going to consider the addition of an interrupt as a buff because it was a complete screw up by the devs leaving it out in the first place. So, grats to the devs on only taking 8 months to realize that you left off one of the most fundamental abilities from one class.
yeah yeah yeah

This is great because healers really should spend time casting dps instead of casting heals.
5 tracer lock (at the peak of your damage potential) also provide you an instant heal that you can cast. You don't see the advantage of this on 1v1?

Commando healers are currently the worst for PvP, this is the one attempt at bringing them up to the level of other classes.
No they are not.
Kánn - Tardės - Gėn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

HelinCarnate
09.05.2012 , 02:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicktime View Post
do you know what you are talking about? do you know the difference between a root and a stun? the kb will be a root NOT A STUN. you clearly called it a stun. 4 seconds is not enough time to run away from a leaper plain and simple. the kb was key for hutball. more of a nerf and 1 of the MANY reasons i won't sub again. keeping dragging the same sh111t through the mud instead of fixing things.
While KB can be handy in huttball, roots can be just as usefull.. Overall, it is a buff. The resolve issue is much larger than this. The resolve changes will drive more people away, an overall buff to a class drives only the foolish that cannot adapt away.
Dear BW,
Signed, Rock.