Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Code of the Grey Jedi


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
08.29.2012 , 09:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
No such thing as gray.


So many times this has been stated...
And yet no one listens. Pretty much every G-Canon source states that there is no grey side. You are either good or bad.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Neverfar's Avatar


Neverfar
08.30.2012 , 12:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
And yet no one listens. Pretty much every G-Canon source states that there is no grey side. You are either good or bad.
More to the point, central Star Wars canon and Lucas himself indicate that the "Force in Balance" is, indeed, the Light side itself. To put it another way, the Force is light and all things pertaining to it until it is selfishly twisted, manipulated, or coerced down paths it would not normally follow. That's why Jedi say "the Force will guide me" or "the Force is with us," instead of seeing it as a tool or a weapon like the Sith do.

All this "Grey Jedi" talk is a desire for power without consequence, without harsh labeling. Even the talk about a "code" is laughable since what "Grey" fans seem to be seeking is unrestricted power.

Again, this is simply the Dark Side with an attempt at a relabeling. In some EU sources it is called the "Great Heresy" by the Jedi. In other sources, mostly the crappy edgy new novels, it's indulged instead of criticized, and what a shame that is.

EnsignSorrow's Avatar


EnsignSorrow
08.30.2012 , 12:44 AM | #23
Grey Jedi don't use the dark side in most cases.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

Neverfar's Avatar


Neverfar
08.30.2012 , 12:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EnsignSorrow View Post
Grey Jedi don't use the dark side in most cases.
"Rogue Jedi" would be more appropiate, as indeed some Jedi left the restrictions of the Order. This talk of "codes" for Jedi that actively abandoned the Jedi code is ridiculous at best, though. Speaks of bad fanfiction or bad EU.

Spetulhu's Avatar


Spetulhu
08.30.2012 , 05:44 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
"Rogue Jedi" would be more appropiate, as indeed some Jedi left the restrictions of the Order. This talk of "codes" for Jedi that actively abandoned the Jedi code is ridiculous at best, though.
I'm sure an individual that has gone rogue might still have his own code of honor to guide him, but it's a personal code instead of anything handed down from above. As such any effort to write down a "grey code" is useless.

DaWaffle's Avatar


DaWaffle
08.30.2012 , 09:49 AM | #26
Having a code would completely defeat the point of Grey Jedi. A Grey Jedi is merely a Jedi who often acts against the will of the council. That's it. No special "Grey" side of the Force. No special faction. Just a slightly rebellious Jedi.

Reynaga's Avatar


Reynaga
08.30.2012 , 11:10 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Neverfar View Post
More to the point, central Star Wars canon and Lucas himself indicate that the "Force in Balance" is, indeed, the Light side itself. To put it another way, the Force is light and all things pertaining to it until it is selfishly twisted, manipulated, or coerced down paths it would not normally follow. That's why Jedi say "the Force will guide me" or "the Force is with us," instead of seeing it as a tool or a weapon like the Sith do.
Lucas has done a 180 on this btw, ever since the Father, the son, and the daughter in TCW, Lucas actually said that there needs to be a balance between the light and the dark. So cannon changed, it happens, but Lucas still maintains that there is no in between and you are either light or dari (not evil or good, keep your morals to yourself thank you).
The Korbin Legacy B.C.
"When fighting monsters, one must take care not to become a monster themselves." F. N.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
08.30.2012 , 11:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Reynaga View Post
Lucas has done a 180 on this btw, ever since the Father, the son, and the daughter in TCW, Lucas actually said that there needs to be a balance between the light and the dark. So cannon changed, it happens, but Lucas still maintains that there is no in between and you are either light or dari (not evil or good, keep your morals to yourself thank you).
That whole Mortis arc is so lame. Lucas destroyed everything pertaining to balance and the Chosen One with just one episode.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Reynaga's Avatar


Reynaga
08.30.2012 , 11:31 AM | #29
I agree, I liked it better when it was just THE FORCE, and THE DARK SIDE, no light side hokey pokey. made more sense with for the whole dark side being corruption of the force instead of light and dark which made it seem more like a lack of understanding through word play. Seriously though, you can't have light and not have dark, just like you can't have hot and not know cold, or happy without sad. But whatever, not my cannon, I just enjoy it ^_^.

P.S. that is also the reason I am now a dark sider, because it isn't evil any more, its just a tool for a means to an end.
The Korbin Legacy B.C.
"When fighting monsters, one must take care not to become a monster themselves." F. N.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
08.30.2012 , 12:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That whole Mortis arc is so lame. Lucas destroyed everything pertaining to balance and the Chosen One with just one episode.
Not really.


It showed us, that DS and LS can exist together in Balance. But the DS user will eventually kill or try to kill/destroy the Light Side.


They both may start out balance but in the end there really can't be any Force-Users for the DS because the User will eventually threaten the Light-Side in someway or form

Not sure if that makes sense.. but thats what I got from Mortis..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."