Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Code of the Grey Jedi

Aurbere
08.27.2012 , 07:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aylisis View Post
Didn't Yoda say: "Once you start down the path, forever will it dominate your destiny" So in turn can you really go from dark to light? Anakin did, but where do you draw the line of gray?
There is no grey line. You are either Sith or Jedi. "Grey" jedi follow the will of the Force, but still follow the Light.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Nightjade
08.27.2012 , 07:19 PM | #12
There is also the Je'daii Code from the Dawn of the Jedi series by Dark Horse...

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no fear, there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony.
Immortal in the Force.

caesaraugust
08.27.2012 , 08:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lenlo View Post
If grey jedi had a code, would it go something like this?

There is forever conflict
Between peace and passion

All are ignorant of their opposite
For knowledge is strength

Knowledge is a conduit
For serenity and power

Serene power is the key
For victory over conflict

Only through harmony
There is peace

To protect harmony
The Force is your sword and shield.
There is no grey Jedi. Jedi in and of itself is a Force-using organization of light. Anything not falling within the Jedi Order's dogma is not considered Jedi, they're considered rogue Force-users, which were outlawed by the Convention of Civilized Systems along with the Sith. Just like there's no such thing as a 'dark' Jedi. There are only Jedi and Sith, everything not falling into either category is simply a person with the Force, possibly in possession (however illegally) of a lightsaber or any other variation of the high-energy particle weapon.

Malles
08.28.2012 , 07:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lenlo View Post
If grey jedi had a code, would it go something like this?

There is forever conflict
Between peace and passion

All are ignorant of their opposite
For knowledge is strength

Knowledge is a conduit
For serenity and power

Serene power is the key
For victory over conflict

Only through harmony
There is peace

To protect harmony
The Force is your sword and shield.
"Use logic over morals and don't be a douche."
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

krystianswtor
08.29.2012 , 01:58 AM | #15
Didn't Yoda say: "Once you start down the path, forever will it dominate your destiny" So in turn can you really go from dark to light? Anakin did, but where do you draw the line of gray?
source?

Dartanel
08.29.2012 , 04:31 PM | #16
Dominate your destiny, not neccessarily dominate you.
It means once you do something Dark-Sided you have to live with that for the rest of your life. Even if you turn away, you spend the rest of your existence living it down. Every day of your life you're looking over your own shoulder, questioning everything you do, afraid every choice might take you back.

Oh, and Krystian, the quote comes from Empire Strikes Back.
Tank from the top down.
DPS from the Bottom Up.
Heal like everything is under control.

Neverfar
08.29.2012 , 04:52 PM | #17
From what I've seen, both from the (fan)fiction and the many, many fans of this "Grey Jedi" concept, the most to-the-point code would be something like this:

I want all the cool stuff of the Dark Side but none of the drawbacks.
I am a special snowflake, you can't judge me.
I am too edgy for the Light side of the Force (otherwise simply known as the Force to canon sources and Lucas) but the Dark Side seems like a downer. I wanna remain pretty!
My power level is over 9000 and my roleplaying demonstrates that.

This "Grey Jedi" thing is laughably getting out of hand, same with the Revanites. There's no "code" really except you want everything, want it now, and want no drawbacks or allegiance to anything but yourself.

That's called the Dark Side in denial.

Neverfar
08.29.2012 , 04:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
"Use logic over morals and don't be a douche."
Funny. My logic professor at university told me first day of class that logic was a tool, a useful tool, but people who wave it around like a bludgeon or to rhetorically justify their opinions were, well, also tools.

The Jedi have codes of restraint, voluntary I might add (You can leave the Jedi Order at any time, it's not a prison sentence). The Sith do not, embracing the furthest reaches of selfishness and passion and lust for power, their rules only pertaining to conduct with other Sith.

You "Grey Jedi" want all the goodies, none of the codes or drawbacks. Your "code" is "all opinions are equally valid and invalid so I will pretend I'm smarter with my vague middle ground".

In other words, you're Jedi hipsters. UGH.

Kyriosgundam
08.29.2012 , 05:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
Thats subjective to say the least, there is a balance between the Two sides, no one is inherantly Light side or dark side, and to become dark side one must creep slowly away from the light, there IS a middle ground
The best example of an Order of "Grey Jedi" for lack of a better term are the Imperial Knights from the Legacy Comics. If you havent read them I recomend it they give you a better perspective of "Grey Jedi" that you might not otherwise think about.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

BrandonSM
08.29.2012 , 09:04 PM | #20
No such thing as gray.

So many times this has been stated...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."