Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenemi
01.08.2013 , 08:16 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Is BioWare even aware that this is an issue? I mean do they look into this thread or are there other threads just about the amount of abilities one can have? Do they want me to stop buying their stuff, because I cannot use it at some point?
1. I know I sent in an e-mail and many people have done bug reports/tickets.
2. Plus, people who have had this issue and lost their pet/mount have been able to have them returned.

I know this has also happened before and since then, the ability amount was increased so... Just hoping it gets further fixed.

Just whenever you learn a new pet or a new mount, check your ability list after and look for both the pet/mount you just added and your first pet/mount.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)

Slopster
01.10.2013 , 05:22 PM | #192
It just happened to me and I'm flippiing out! Deset Nekarr Cat consumed but not learned!

"You already have this pet" message showed.

Item gone, pet deployed for me, but no addition to the pet list as an ability
Slopster 55 JS / Slop 55 JK / Slew 55 SM / Sloppily 55 TR
Slather 55 SW / Slopstar 55 SI / Sludgy 55 BH / Slot 55 IA
Stay Classy
Prophecy of the Five (PVP-EST)

Aelther
01.10.2013 , 05:33 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Slopster View Post
It just happened to me and I'm flippiing out! Deset Nekarr Cat consumed but not learned!

"You already have this pet" message showed.

Item gone, pet deployed for me, but no addition to the pet list as an ability
Could you count all your abilities? class, advanced class, legacy, speeders and pets. I'd like to know what's the exact cap.

But still the very idea of ability cap is ridiculous. They must remove it completely or at the very least double it.
What's the point in buying pets or speeders from the cartel market if you can't learn them?

Jenemi
01.11.2013 , 02:03 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Could you count all your abilities? class, advanced class, legacy, speeders and pets. I'd like to know what's the exact cap.

But still the very idea of ability cap is ridiculous. They must remove it completely or at the very least double it.
What's the point in buying pets or speeders from the cartel market if you can't learn them?
Yeah, Slopster, if you could count up all your abilities, that would be great x-x Do counts with and without counting each "rank" separately.

Yeah :/ I don't understand the point of the cap at all. I mean, everything has a cap in the programming, but the credits cap is like 200 billion or something so I don't know why the ability cap is so low. Heck, we'll be getting new skills when Makeb comes out. What happens then?

Aelther
01.11.2013 , 07:28 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
Yeah, Slopster, if you could count up all your abilities, that would be great x-x Do counts with and without counting each "rank" separately.

Yeah :/ I don't understand the point of the cap at all. I mean, everything has a cap in the programming, but the credits cap is like 200 billion or something so I don't know why the ability cap is so low. Heck, we'll be getting new skills when Makeb comes out. What happens then?
We will either not be able to learn new abilities or we will lose a pet by doing so (I hope not).

Anyway I counted my abilities with 41 pets:
Ability Count: 163
General----------8
Jedi Knight----26
Guardian------19
Legacy---------15
Vehicles-------54
Pets------------41

Since then I have bought 7 new pets and learned 4 of them (haven't tried learning the rest) so I can say that it is possible have at least 167 abilities, but it would still be very nice to know the exact cap.

Jenemi
01.11.2013 , 06:02 PM | #196
It was more a rhetorical question :P As regardless of which it is, that will upset a lot of people and make many people angry.

I probably have about 170 now.

AshlaBoga
01.11.2013 , 06:29 PM | #197
So there's a cap at 167? Why is there a cap period????
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Aelther
01.12.2013 , 05:20 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
So there's a cap at 167? Why is there a cap period????
Well not at 167, but somewhere at about 200, not sure, but there definitely is one.

AshlaBoga
01.12.2013 , 05:24 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Well not at 167, but somewhere at about 200, not sure, but there definitely is one.
Was this some sort of coding shortcut or something?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Aelther
01.12.2013 , 05:31 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Was this some sort of coding shortcut or something?
I don't know maybe.... maybe if there was no limit it might cause some glitches or something, but the cap must be in the thousands, not hundreds. I've heard this has happened before during 1.2, but since then they increased the cap. But now seeing how cartel market keeps spamming pets by the hordes, they must really increase the cap significantly.