Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkhorseForLife
01.08.2013 , 01:40 PM | #181
So anyone else having the problem where you can't learn more pets/mounts because you are at the ability cap? They really need to get on fixing this.

I am a Jugg that has almost every pet and mount in the game and have every single legacy ability. I literally can't learn more pets or mounts .
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 02:25 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkhorseForLife View Post
So anyone else having the problem where you can't learn more pets/mounts because you are at the ability cap? They really need to get on fixing this.

I am a Jugg that has almost every pet and mount in the game and have every single legacy ability. I literally can't learn more pets or mounts .
What do you mean? I currently have 41 pets. What's the pet limit for you? I really hope this is just some sort of bug, because a pet limit would be very horrible news for me.

Jenemi
01.08.2013 , 04:23 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
What do you mean? I currently have 41 pets. What's the pet limit for you? I really hope this is just some sort of bug, because a pet limit would be very horrible news for me.
See here

Anyway, 12 new pets now... also a Flamehair Kowakian Monkey-lizard.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)

DarkhorseForLife
01.08.2013 , 04:27 PM | #184
Pets once learned count as abilities. There is currently a bug limiting the total number of abilities you can have all together. Having every legacy ability and almost every pet and mount in the game put me over that threshhold.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 04:32 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
See here

Anyway, 12 new pets now... also a Flamehair Kowakian Monkey-lizard.
OMG this is terrible! I never knew this so I bough every single speeder I could find. Well this surely sucks.... I'm thinking of creating a thread about this and complain....

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 04:36 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkhorseForLife View Post
Pets once learned count as abilities. There is currently a bug limiting the total number of abilities you can have all together. Having every legacy ability and almost every pet and mount in the game put me over that threshhold.
So what happens when you try to learn a new pet? Does it disappear and you get nothing, or does it stay in your inventory and gives you an error? I sure hope it doesn't disappear so I could at least keep them in my cargo hold while waiting for cap increase (if we ever get one).

Jenemi
01.08.2013 , 04:45 PM | #187
So what happens when you try to learn a new pet? Does it disappear and you get nothing, or does it stay in your inventory and gives you an error? I sure hope it doesn't disappear so I could at least keep them in my cargo hold while waiting for cap increase (if we ever get one).
It disappears and you don't get it and need to contact customer service to return it to you.

But yeah, it's a BIG issue :/ Especially as it varies per everyone. I also learned every speeder I could so... But like even ignoring legacy stuff, classes alone have different amounts of skills too. For example, my Sage has less skills overall than my Scoundrel and Operative have.

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 04:53 PM | #188
It disappears and you don't get it and need to contact customer service to return it to you.

But yeah, it's a BIG issue :/ Especially as it varies per everyone. I also learned every speeder I could so... But like even ignoring legacy stuff, classes alone have different amounts of skills too. For example, my Sage has less skills overall than my Scoundrel and Operative have.
Damnit, so now I'm gonna be afraid trying to learn new pets for fear of wasting credits... I guess I will surely have to create a thread on this when I have enough free time. But anyway, thanks for the warning, guys.

Jenemi
01.08.2013 , 05:11 PM | #189
Damnit, so now I'm gonna be afraid trying to learn new pets for fear of wasting credits... I guess I will surely have to create a thread on this when I have enough free time. But anyway, thanks for the warning, guys.
Yeah. What I'd do is count up how many abilities you believe you have right now and work from there. I had about 170 before all these pets came out. Some people believe the "max" is 200 ATM, but still waiting on a response on that

Drudenfusz
01.08.2013 , 08:08 PM | #190
Yeah. What I'd do is count up how many abilities you believe you have right now and work from there. I had about 170 before all these pets came out. Some people believe the "max" is 200 ATM, but still waiting on a response on that
Is BioWare even aware that this is an issue? I mean do they look into this thread or are there other threads just about the amount of abilities one can have? Do they want me to stop buying their stuff, because I cannot use it at some point?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version