Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will there be more companion Conversations coming soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will there be more companion Conversations coming soon?

spectreclees
12.30.2012 , 03:42 AM | #41
I kind of wish they never introduced companions or not so many. Just maybe 2 or 3 for each class. Having that many actors for each companion is so much money that could have been put into more important things in the game.

3 companions = 3 roles

Healer Comp
Dps Comp
Tank Comp

That's it. We didn't need so many. Half the time I'm only using one companion anyway.

Better yet they could have done without companions entirely and just went the GW2 route of personal story. Your character doing everything with help on the side once in a while. Perhaps even a "contact" system for during the story. As you were leveling you gained friendships and could choose different options of who to contact for help on a mission during the class story.

But it's too late for all of that now. Companions are here to stay and I think it's going to be a big problem down the road for them.

Canmore
12.30.2012 , 05:04 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
I kind of wish they never introduced companions or not so many. Just maybe 2 or 3 for each class. Having that many actors for each companion is so much money that could have been put into more important things in the game.

3 companions = 3 roles

Healer Comp
Dps Comp
Tank Comp

That's it. We didn't need so many. Half the time I'm only using one companion anyway.

Better yet they could have done without companions entirely and just went the GW2 route of personal story. Your character doing everything with help on the side once in a while. Perhaps even a "contact" system for during the story. As you were leveling you gained friendships and could choose different options of who to contact for help on a mission during the class story.

But it's too late for all of that now. Companions are here to stay and I think it's going to be a big problem down the road for them.
well long time bioware fans expect great companion interaction its pretty much been a staple since baldurs gate .and lets face it man the raiders had there shot and pretty much all went back to wow and whatever , the bioware and star wars fans now deserve to get there voices heard and clearly what we want is story and not more pointless dungeon grinds ,i can live ith the cartel shop if it means more story

Alec_Fortescue
12.30.2012 , 05:49 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashlockheart View Post
I was just wondering with new patches, and expansions coming soon. Will there be more companion Converstions?
Who knows? But I bet they have a large amount of voice overs left for future updates and even stories. They're just stalling.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Draloch
12.30.2012 , 08:32 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
i want to know too.

might as well have been married to my companions for decades now. they never talk to me. never acknowledge our love any more. nothing.
Is it wrong that when Elara Dorne puts on a bikini for me, I just send her to the kitchen to make me a stim?

Ashlockheart
12.31.2012 , 10:31 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
well long time bioware fans expect great companion interaction its pretty much been a staple since baldurs gate .and lets face it man the raiders had there shot and pretty much all went back to wow and whatever , the bioware and star wars fans now deserve to get there voices heard and clearly what we want is story and not more pointless dungeon grinds ,i can live ith the cartel shop if it means more story
Pritty much. I use to be a wow player, but I stoped playing after cata when they changed the way the game play was made, and how they changed priitty much every thing. It made me sad that a good game could be distroyed so easily, by egoes. I just hope Bioware does not share the same fait. I hope they are smart, and lissen to the fans. And as I can see. the fans want story. Not pvp, and raids. I don't mind the pve part, but I can tell the main core to starwars is the story. Not the look, Not the gear, and most sertinly not the pvp.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

HotStuff_SW
12.31.2012 , 10:54 PM | #46
I would hope that, at the very least, the romanceable companions get more story. I'd prefer all of them, but if corners must be cut, at least having more conversations with the romance options would be nice.

That said, I want fully fleshed out Chapters 4, 5, and 6 of each Personal Class Story too, but I realize that's a long ways off, if ever.