Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will there be more companion Conversations coming soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will there be more companion Conversations coming soon?

SilentKitty
08.21.2012 , 05:00 AM | #11
I very very much look forward to more interaction with our companions, miss talking to them. My JK got married to Doc so long ago that I've partly forgotten their romance.

Foxfirerose
08.21.2012 , 05:23 AM | #12
[QUOTE=Vis-Tecum;5061514]sadly I don't think we will get much companion content in the future

that said if bioware is listening I would pay $59.99 for a companion expansion pack if it turned the companions into actual "bioware quality" companions,

meaning...
- quest lines for all companions
- full dialog stories like kotor, dragon age, and mass effect where at any time I can just click them and choose between 2 or 3 different stories or get some cinematic interaction
- more interaction from companions while questing and in combat
- individual crating professions for each companion

the extra mile would be
- all companions romance [including same sex and romance with droids/aliens]
- new companions

dreaming...
- making companions bound to legacy [so a max level character could quest with any unlocked maxed affection companion] - don't know if that is possible
- a companion flashpoint where you can use a kotor team with 2 companions or where you have to use a different companion to complete different parts of the flashpoint

that much content would be worth a expansion price to me witth just the first 4 but sadly I think I am the only one who would pay for this

OMG I would pay for this SO fast it's not even funny!

Tatile
08.21.2012 , 05:35 AM | #13
Extended companion stories and extended class stories are both things I would love (I'd fangirl squeal) to have, but I highly doubt we're ever going to see them. With the slowing of developer/community team responses in the last week (they last about a fortnight, maybe) it really feels like nothing much is going to happen at all

Torbal
08.21.2012 , 06:01 AM | #14
I'm pretty convinced there will be new conversations within the next few months.

Of course, they will be limited to Mako and Vette pestering me to buy them new shoes from the cartel shop, but that's really just to make things more realistic

EvilBieber
08.21.2012 , 06:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
i want to know too.

might as well have been married to my companions for decades now. they never talk to me. never acknowledge our love any more. nothing.
When Ericsson was interviewed about Makeb/HK etc.. he said that was over a year away.

You will obviously have conversations with HK but nothing new or likely ever now for the others.

Hyoga_
08.21.2012 , 06:17 AM | #16
Legacy Companions. I wanna be able to match any companion with any of my characters. We shouldn't be bound to a set 5.

Lazzer
08.21.2012 , 07:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Extended companion stories and extended class stories are both things I would love (I'd fangirl squeal) to have, but I highly doubt we're ever going to see them. With the slowing of developer/community team responses in the last week (they last about a fortnight, maybe) it really feels like nothing much is going to happen at all
These are the only things that separated TOR from any other MMO, they are the selling point that brought the Starwars fans and KOTOR fans to TOR, they have no real choice to be honest without these being added those 2 types of player will not hang around much longer than completing all of the 8 class stories.

Nydus
08.21.2012 , 07:16 AM | #18
Aahhahahahah...

Ashara: Hello Master, I like talking with you.
Darth Ord'os: I really am the best.
Ashara: Say, there is this nice pair of shoes on fleet.
Darth Ord'os: What do you want me to do?
Ashara: Well, can you lend me 100 cyber tokens?
Darth Ord'os: My good deed for the decade.
Quest: Buy Ashara Nice Shoes.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

iamthehoyden
08.21.2012 , 07:56 AM | #19
I would like to know this as well. Are companion missions/conversations still coming or have they been scraped? Do we get further options in terms of OGRAs and SGRAs? Is that canned dialogue ever going to change?

And along with "is this ever coming" if there's a timeline of sorts available (in a month, a quarter, a year, etc.) that would be helpful.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TrentEaston
08.21.2012 , 08:21 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
sadly I don't think we will get much companion content in the future

that said if bioware is listening I would pay $59.99 for a companion expansion pack if it turned the companions into actual "bioware quality" companions,

meaning...
- quest lines for all companions
- full dialog stories like kotor, dragon age, and mass effect where at any time I can just click them and choose between 2 or 3 different stories or get some cinematic interaction
- more interaction from companions while questing and in combat
- individual crating professions for each companion

the extra mile would be
- all companions romance [including same sex and romance with droids/aliens]
- new companions

dreaming...
- making companions bound to legacy [so a max level character could quest with any unlocked maxed affection companion] - don't know if that is possible
- a companion flashpoint where you can use a kotor team with 2 companions or where you have to use a different companion to complete different parts of the flashpoint

that much content would be worth a expansion price to me witth just the first 4 but sadly I think I am the only one who would pay for this
You speak my mind. I'd pay for that, too!
Darth Aarev - Immortal Sith Juggernaut || Lord Meng - Sith Sorcerer || Thokaz - Marksman Sniper || Portao the Honorable - Arsenal Mercenary
Thamien, Knight of the Republic - Jedi Sentinel || Master Theolen - Jedi Shadow || Captain Korso-Rev - Sabotage Gunslinger || Allivan - Commando Combat Medic