Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will there be more companion Conversations coming soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will there be more companion Conversations coming soon?

Ashlockheart
08.21.2012 , 01:35 AM | #1
I was just wondering with new patches, and expansions coming soon. Will there be more companion Converstions?
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Selvec
08.21.2012 , 01:42 AM | #2
Do you mean companions? Cause at the moment seems like we are having a chat with a company. Wouldn't mind talking to EA...or punching them at least.

Ashlockheart
08.21.2012 , 01:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Selvec View Post
Do you mean companions? Cause at the moment seems like we are having a chat with a company. Wouldn't mind talking to EA...or punching them at least.
Thank you Selvec. I changed the spelling.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Crezelle
08.21.2012 , 02:13 AM | #4
i want to know too.

might as well have been married to my companions for decades now. they never talk to me. never acknowledge our love any more. nothing.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Dencre
08.21.2012 , 02:18 AM | #5
You will get HK if you lvl toons on both sides. Other than that you are out of luck. This game failed on so many lvls
Dencre BetchPuddin

HynrihkMutilation

Vis-Tecum
08.21.2012 , 02:18 AM | #6
sadly I don't think we will get much companion content in the future

that said if bioware is listening I would pay $59.99 for a companion expansion pack if it turned the companions into actual "bioware quality" companions,

meaning...
- quest lines for all companions
- full dialog stories like kotor, dragon age, and mass effect where at any time I can just click them and choose between 2 or 3 different stories or get some cinematic interaction
- more interaction from companions while questing and in combat
- individual crating professions for each companion

the extra mile would be
- all companions romance [including same sex and romance with droids/aliens]
- new companions

dreaming...
- making companions bound to legacy [so a max level character could quest with any unlocked maxed affection companion] - don't know if that is possible
- a companion flashpoint where you can use a kotor team with 2 companions or where you have to use a different companion to complete different parts of the flashpoint

that much content would be worth a expansion price to me witth just the first 4 but sadly I think I am the only one who would pay for this
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Moza
08.21.2012 , 02:18 AM | #7
Yes, there will. The voice actor who does one of the Smuggler companions Tweeted a couple of months ago that she was recording new dialogue for SWTOR.

It's coming, worry not!
"Never fight when you can bluff. Never bluff when you can run. Never run when you can sneak. If no one knows you're there, you win." ~ Combat Litany of the Smuggler's Creed

Lunafox
08.21.2012 , 02:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
i want to know too.

might as well have been married to my companions for decades now. they never talk to me. never acknowledge our love any more. nothing.
LOL, this, for sure. I feel exactly the same way, and considering that in real life, I've been married to the same dude for 22 years, is it so much to want our mmo's fantasy spouses to stay interested and talking to us?

I miss them so much, I just click them to hear their voices. Malavai is to afraid I might go Sith mode on him, so he's nothing but respectful...and I think Vector is just afraid I'll shoot him.

Doc..well...he just says..."Everything is copecetic, no need for chit chat." Andronikos is trying to be tactful (again I cite sith mode temper) "I like you, you like me, let's not spoil this with alot of talking'.

And Scourge, well...I can't romance him, but still love him, and he keeps telling me..."There is nothing left to say."

Please Bioware, remedy this!
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~May the Force be with you, always!~

Lunafox
08.21.2012 , 02:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
sadly I don't think we will get much companion content in the future

that said if bioware is listening I would pay $59.99 for a companion expansion pack if it turned the companions into actual "bioware quality" companions,

meaning...
- quest lines for all companions
- full dialog stories like kotor, dragon age, and mass effect where at any time I can just click them and choose between 2 or 3 different stories or get some cinematic interaction
- more interaction from companions while questing and in combat
- individual crating professions for each companion

the extra mile would be
- all companions romance [including same sex and romance with droids/aliens]
- new companions

dreaming...
- making companions bound to legacy [so a max level character could quest with any unlocked maxed affection companion] - don't know if that is possible
- a companion flashpoint where you can use a kotor team with 2 companions or where you have to use a different companion to complete different parts of the flashpoint

that much content would be worth a expansion price to me witth just the first 4 but sadly I think I am the only one who would pay for this
No you're not! I'd pay for this in a heartbeat too!!
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~May the Force be with you, always!~

Xaintis
08.21.2012 , 02:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashlockheart View Post
I was just wondering with new patches, and expansions coming soon. Will there be more companion Converstions?
SWTOR is in maintenance and make money back mode. I doubt they'll be footing the bill for voice actors any time soon!