Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island Flash Point

EternalChild
08.20.2012 , 02:18 AM | #11
If you can't kill LR-5 with full-Rakata/BH group, then you are doing something completely wrong. True, he is harder with melee dps, but not much. Your tank just has to drag him around, not stay in one place. I don't understand why lava bothers you, you never really need to stand in it. Just read guides or ask people around.

I did LI HM with PUGs at least 2 times every week via GF and never failed. Sometimes some member of the team rage quitted after 1-2 wipes, we replaced him and continued. Perhaps it was easy for me because i played healer or tank.

BTW, Sav-Rak is not particularly hard for a healer if your tank knows how to position himself before the jump, so he will land away from the group and no one except him will be hit by Sav-Rak and get this nasty DoT wound.

Petnil
08.20.2012 , 04:02 AM | #12
making incinerate not spread wil not make lr5 any easier for ranged dps groups. And i know you say tank and mele dps should just interupt, well interupting is also harder when you got melee dps because you need to kite so much.
So tank usually getīs incinerate a few times. itīs not a big deal since itīs easy to cleanse, but i think itīs unfair to melee that it can spread. Itīs not like many fightīs arenīt biased towards ranged dps allready. Help in evening the playing field would be nice.

And dont come with this elitist, just got to know the fight. You cant argue that the fight is harder when you got melee dps compared to when you got ranged.

haliy
08.20.2012 , 04:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeLeggedCow View Post
^exactly. LI HM is a fp that is SUPER dependant on 2 things:
1. Gear, - MINIMUM full columi, not half col/tion or half col/bm. FULL. COLUMI.
2. Decent people - not allways the case I know but it does help. Without this gear doesn't count for anything. Hell ive had a full bh geared group wipe on this fp because peeps didn't do what they were supposed to.

Yes it is a hard flashpoint, but I don't want it nerfed. It's the only challenge we get in this game, apart from denova, everything else is just *yawn*.
[insert sarcasm]I absolutely love it when players place a gear requirement for a place which you do not need if you have a competent group[/sarcasm]

No... you do not need a group with FULL COLUMI or better to complete this. Just because you have failed every time in a group with less than it. Just to see how it went, i pulled off a run yesterday where our group composite was a Shadow tank, Sentinel (myself), Sage healer, and Gunslinger. each person had a mix of Columi/Tionese/BH. Having no issues with the full instance, we 1 shotted everything.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Count_Midnite
08.20.2012 , 05:24 AM | #14
I have healed through this FP With 2 Operative DPS and An Amazing Tank. As long as you have a good healer and a tank that has a clue, you could do this no problem.... On the other hand one time I did this with 1 Sniper and 1 Madness Sorc and a tank who was fairly new to it, and we wiped quite a number of times on LR-5 and That frozen boss that drops the ice from the ceiling.... So It's all based on what type of tank and healer you got.

So-low
08.20.2012 , 06:12 AM | #15
It would be sad if they nerfed LI HM.

After we learned the mechanics, my friends and I decided to try it with full tionese gear. We did not wipe once on any fight. I have done this as a melee DPS and a Healer. This is not meant to brag, just making a point.

Also, PUGs have a habit of running into enrage timers, becuase the average player is casual at best and just hits the attacks they think are the coolest. Lately I have been offering PUGs 25k credits if they agree to download and use MOX parser. 9/10 DPS in at least full rakata gear are getting less than 700dps on the bosses, with the first fight being even lower.

Please, before you come to the forums and cry for a nerf, learn the mechanics, watch a video of the fight(s), and learn your optimal rotations.

Also, to those who think that it's a "bug" when the lightning bubbles come up without any reticule: This is the soft enrage and is a normal part of the fight. I believe the timer for it is 3 minutes (could be wrong).

STARWOLFSWE
08.20.2012 , 06:30 AM | #16
I didnt read all answers here so some stuff i said is prob already said.

In all instances is skill more important than gear. Ofc when gear takes overhand like full rakata on BT you dont need much skill. And so on.

First boss on LI is the hardest, and I think that is good. If your not able to clear that then you most likely cant clear the rest. I hate to be able to clear everything except the last boss.
First boss is a messure of skill and gear. Like droid in EV, by my exp the "hardest" boss there.

Regarding tactics on first boss LI is just if you have Melee the tank kite the boss around and the rest go behind the boss. Simple enough. If your only ranged then most ppl know what to do.. The moving is about the same only you have the tank and the boss infront of you instead of in the middle. Potatoes or Potatoes, just dps the **** out of him.

DarthFamine
08.20.2012 , 07:10 AM | #17
As a sentinel/marauder I think there do need to be some changes to this FP.

I wouldn't call for a nerf though. perhaps a change to where the AOEs fall especially in the Droid boss and the doctor.

I would suggest a pattern, just so we have some place to stand while hitting them. Not even a big spot, in fact make it a small spot so you have to be on your toes about positioning. Having no place to stand slants it so heavily against melee as to make it too difficult.

Perhaps offset that with a slight buff to the damage the bosses deal.

I have full rakata/black hole fully augmented and have successfully beaten this place with my sent. I'm not saying it can't be done but it does need to change a little.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

STARWOLFSWE
08.20.2012 , 07:56 AM | #18
I think It shall remain a challange, I have done it with my marauder, healed it with a sorc and tanked it with a Jugg. Its hard with the mara but def doable. and there is a lot of places to stand. U just need to learn the mechanics =)

Petnil
08.20.2012 , 08:07 AM | #19
even so. incinerate doesnīt even factor in for a ranged group. when itīs a melee group the tank probably will get burned a few times when kiting. Itīs not a problem i just cleanse it. The problem is if it spreads. usually i manage, but why should a fight be harder for melee than for ranged ? Just make incinerate not spread.

imperialmerc
08.20.2012 , 08:08 PM | #20
This FP is easy. I've done it once with a guild, once with some guildies and a PuG tank, and 2 GF ailies. The only reason I haven't done it more often is because not enough people queue for it. Also the droid is the easiest boss! I can one-shot him, and then lag on the second boss kills us because peeps cant get in and heal dont get tossed on time kills us and then missed cleanses and satchel charges kill us on the last boss. I've done it with melee DPS as the other DPS and this is Farmy McFarmsville. I've been gearing my alts through this.
Lagro level 55 Mercenary Sezzid level 55 Vanguard
Cezzid level 55 Operative Tuckeer level 30 Gunslinger
Snefru level 55 Sith Juggernaut Kell'ia level 23 Jedi Sage
Liadra level 14 Sith Assassin You're going down