Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island Flash Point


GeekMonkey's Avatar


GeekMonkey
08.19.2012 , 12:16 PM | #1
Is it possible to do the Lost Island flashpoint, hard mode or regular, with an operations group?

Chloriancredit's Avatar


Chloriancredit
08.19.2012 , 03:54 PM | #2
I wish! cause right now LR-5 is the hardest boss on hardmode! Something needs to change either by putting lava on a pattern insteaad of random, making the lighting aoe's smaller, or taking away his ability to shoot away from tank for a whole volley. Also, this FP is almost imposible for melee dps to complete because of LR-5, then the tank must do a screwy kiting job through the lava and if he dont get it just right the lighting aoe will trap the group in a corner. Any of those would help but i welcome anything else t help nerf this boss. The first real boss shouldn't be the hardest.
May the force be with you...not against you!

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
08.19.2012 , 04:13 PM | #3
I don't believe it is possible to do any flashpoint with an Ops group, however I haven't actually tried it.

Otherwise, please don't turn this into a "nerf LI" thread. The FP is fine as it is, it just has a higher reliance on mechanics and gear does not allow you to ignore them. As long as your tank can interrupt, your healer can cleanse and your group can not stand in the bad stuff you'll be fine. And yes, that is all that the LR-5 fight breaks down to.

ThreeLeggedCow's Avatar


ThreeLeggedCow
08.19.2012 , 04:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
I don't believe it is possible to do any flashpoint with an Ops group, however I haven't actually tried it.

Otherwise, please don't turn this into a "nerf LI" thread. The FP is fine as it is, it just has a higher reliance on mechanics and gear does not allow you to ignore them. As long as your tank can interrupt, your healer can cleanse and your group can not stand in the bad stuff you'll be fine. And yes, that is all that the LR-5 fight breaks down to.
^exactly. LI HM is a fp that is SUPER dependant on 2 things:
1. Gear, - MINIMUM full columi, not half col/tion or half col/bm. FULL. COLUMI.
2. Decent people - not allways the case I know but it does help. Without this gear doesn't count for anything. Hell ive had a full bh geared group wipe on this fp because peeps didn't do what they were supposed to.

Yes it is a hard flashpoint, but I don't want it nerfed. It's the only challenge we get in this game, apart from denova, everything else is just *yawn*.

Chloriancredit's Avatar


Chloriancredit
08.19.2012 , 04:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeLeggedCow View Post
^exactly. LI HM is a fp that is SUPER dependant on 2 things:
1. Gear, - MINIMUM full columi, not half col/tion or half col/bm. FULL. COLUMI.
2. Decent people - not allways the case I know but it does help. Without this gear doesn't count for anything. Hell ive had a full bh geared group wipe on this fp because peeps didn't do what they were supposed to.

Yes it is a hard flashpoint, but I don't want it nerfed. It's the only challenge we get in this game, apart from denova, everything else is just *yawn*.
I dont agree when u have groups that have full rakata and bh and can't done LR-5 it comes down to mechanics because gear is not an issue, also i dont waant the whole FP nerfed just LR-5.
May the force be with you...not against you!

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
08.19.2012 , 04:51 PM | #6
The only time you can call it a gear issue is when you are consistently hitting enrage timers AND all DPS are maintaining maximum uptime AND all DPS are using optimal rotations.

If the healer is having a hard time in the fight it is because someone is stuffing up mechanics. LR-5 isn't a healer check - thats Sav-Rak.

If the tank is dying quickly it is because he is not interrupting incinerate AND/OR not using their CDs appropriately.

If the tank is losing aggro he is not using a good rotation or guard or he is heavily outgeared by a DPS who isn't using their threat drop.

If you are hitting enrage timers and all DPS are pushing their max then it is a gear issue.

Fubarge's Avatar


Fubarge
08.19.2012 , 05:25 PM | #7
Why would you want to run it as an OPS when you can 3 man it ?

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
08.19.2012 , 05:29 PM | #8
To me itīs just wrong that the hardest boss is not the last boss of an instance. This goes especially when you got melee dps, and lest face it. Melee dps are the majority in swtor. so chances are you will allways have at least 1 melee. Maybe a slight nerf that will help melee only. Incinerate cant spread. That way the fight is no different if you got ranged dps only, but slightly easier for melee dps.

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
08.19.2012 , 07:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
To me itīs just wrong that the hardest boss is not the last boss of an instance. This goes especially when you got melee dps, and lest face it. Melee dps are the majority in swtor. so chances are you will allways have at least 1 melee. Maybe a slight nerf that will help melee only. Incinerate cant spread. That way the fight is no different if you got ranged dps only, but slightly easier for melee dps.
Or you could just interrupt before the first tick of incinerate. And with a melee DPS thats another interrupt available to you, feel sorry for the Merc/Commandos.

Hardest boss of BoI isn't the last one either, the hardest one IS skippable though. Imagine the QQ if it wasn't.

Headpunch's Avatar


Headpunch
08.19.2012 , 11:23 PM | #10
I think the difficulty is where it should be, and is completely appropriate for a 4 person group. The first time I tried to clear it, we were not able to because of wicked lag spikes that would cause the energy coils to already be expanding without us seeing the indicators on the ground. Wiped a few times b/c of the lag so we all disbanded (PUG'd it). Tried it a few days later with a completely different PUG and we cleared LR-5 after only one wipe. Rest of it was a breeze and one shotted Sav-Rak and Lorrick. If everybody communicates and you have a basic understanding of the mechanics from having run it in normal mode, it's easily doable assuming you've been running other HM FPs for a bit before hand to get a majority of your gear at Columi level (which isn't too hard).

That said, if people in your group cannot play their classes or understand the mechanics, then you are in for a very rough time. The more skilled you are, the lower the gear req, the less skilled you are, the higher the gear req to give you that extra cushion.