Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

paid Character transfer

BlackMonk
09.29.2012 , 08:32 PM | #11
Considering the cost of moving characters is nothing to bioware, I think 25 bucks is a bit much. I just moved my characters from GW2 to a different server to join friends. Cost me nothing and took 1 min.

DkSharktooth
09.30.2012 , 03:35 AM | #12
yes please get this in, pve servers suck.

btcorrad
09.30.2012 , 04:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMonk View Post
Considering the cost of moving characters is nothing to bioware, I think 25 bucks is a bit much. I just moved my characters from GW2 to a different server to join friends. Cost me nothing and took 1 min.
Honestly, server transfers of choice should be free, given a frequency limit (i.e. you can't keep flip-flopping servers daily). However, with F2P imminent, I'm sure EA will try to suck the marrow from the paid transfers bag. Nevermind the fact that their server-balancing "suggested but not forced" (yeah right) moves are what stuck some of us on servers we don't want to begin with.

xorv
09.30.2012 , 06:41 AM | #14
I'll add my 2credits:
Yes to FREE transfers-
But wait!
WoW has upted the anti even more: now clusters of servers play with eachother without having had to do mergers.
There moving to some sort of serverless server technology quite possibly backported from there next MMO.

Hmm EA see your compition? might want to consider feature parody.
http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Electronic+Arts EA's rating
"Well considering how "beloved" EA is, surely TOR will achieve legendary status amongst gamers. Didn't kill wow, did one better, killed EA."
Originally from aeterno

Aberd
09.30.2012 , 04:24 PM | #15
I would be willing to pay a nominal fee. Fans have been asking for this for some time, it's time for BW to get in one way or another.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Uluain
09.30.2012 , 09:00 PM | #16
This was very recently addressed by the Dev Team in the Q&A LiveStream addressing 4.1 and F2P. I think it is safe to infer that this will be one of the very first Cartel coin services and, if so, something a subscriber could purchase with the Cartel coin bonus and stipend we will receive. That is speculative, however. Here is what was actually said on the subject.

Quote:
Q: It was mentioned that along with the free transfers we would be offered paid transfers for characters who like to move from one server to another. Is this still in the works?

A: Certainly we want to offer people the option to do character transfer as a paid service. We got a little bit of additional work that is going to need to go in before we can actually offer it as a paid service but that is coming in the near future.

AshlaBoga
09.30.2012 , 09:39 PM | #17
Here's the thing, once F2P hits there will be many non-subbed players, meaning that you might regret transferring if the server you transferred from ended up with a population boom.
In addition, BW probably doesn't want to allow paid transfers until F2P is already here, since they can make it Cash Shop option. Having paid transfers in the Cash Shop makes sense since it's a system for SWTOR related purchases that's already going to be set up.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

xorv
10.01.2012 , 07:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Here's the thing, once F2P hits there will be many non-subbed players, meaning that you might regret transferring if the server you transferred from ended up with a population boom.
In addition, BW probably doesn't want to allow paid transfers until F2P is already here, since they can make it Cash Shop option. Having paid transfers in the Cash Shop makes sense since it's a system for SWTOR related purchases that's already going to be set up.
Two things: EA needs to take a page out of the blizzard playbook in sofar as server management goes: now clusters of servers play together seemlessly (cross server zones). It'd be a good idea for EA to mimic that.
EA also (I guess after P2W goes live) offer FREE quick transfers.
Just among the A list of things for them todo.
http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Electronic+Arts EA's rating
"Well considering how "beloved" EA is, surely TOR will achieve legendary status amongst gamers. Didn't kill wow, did one better, killed EA."
Originally from aeterno

SmokeSignal
10.22.2012 , 02:19 PM | #19
That's not new tech, Blizzard Boy.
"His Imperial Majesty's Minister of Restraints and Leather" - LHF

I have seen the infinite and found it wanting.

reapzzz
11.11.2012 , 11:48 AM | #20
I have just returned to SWTOR after a long break. And its nice to be back. My Guild is playing on a different server now, so I really hope that this will come soon to SWTOR, and I would not mind to pay a little fee for this.

So have there been any word on this from BioWare lately?