Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

paid Character transfer

Panthorin
08.17.2012 , 09:53 PM | #1
I know there are a lot of people that would be willing to do this as we have character spread across multiple server do to the issue of server population. I have 3 level 50's that I would be willing to pay to get these moved to the same servers so legacy stuff could get unlocked. Please make this a priority, you are missing out on a potential revenue stream. If, lets say it is $25 to do this, you would get $50 from me easy!!
Heyu, Lv. 50 Scoundrel:Sawbone, Guild: C A P S A N D S P A C E S Server: The Fatman

bdonal
08.18.2012 , 01:09 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Panthorin View Post
I know there are a lot of people that would be willing to do this as we have character spread across multiple server do to the issue of server population. I have 3 level 50's that I would be willing to pay to get these moved to the same servers so legacy stuff could get unlocked. Please make this a priority, you are missing out on a potential revenue stream. If, lets say it is $25 to do this, you would get $50 from me easy!!
same here

Merzal_Drex
08.18.2012 , 10:51 PM | #3
Yep..but lets not do like the other MMO and charge 25 bucks a pop..that is really to expensive

flyersfan
08.19.2012 , 12:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Merzal_Drex View Post
Yep..but lets not do like the other MMO and charge 25 bucks a pop..that is really to expensive
Something like this should be free. I pay a subscription fee for the service. I feel like this type of activity should be free for subscription payers, especially with the upcoming free-to-play option. It just doesn't seem right for BioWare to charge me for trying to make the best of its service that I pay for.

Jarlgon
08.19.2012 , 01:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
Something like this should be free. I pay a subscription fee for the service. I feel like this type of activity should be free for subscription payers, especially with the upcoming free-to-play option. It just doesn't seem right for BioWare to charge me for trying to make the best of its service that I pay for.
Edit:
we only pay for content and access to the game. Server transfers should not be free unless there are server mergers

flyersfan
08.19.2012 , 01:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
we only pay for content access to the game. Server transfers should not be free unless there are server mergers
I don't view it that way. Paying for content access would mean that I bought some kind of DLC. For example, on the 28th I will buy the Leviathan DLC for ME3. I don't need to keep paying because I already purchased access to the content. For SW:TOR, however, I am continuously paying a subscription for a service, which includes server maintenance, content updates, CS assistance, forum access, et cetera. Under the first part, I desire server access. I want access to the Jung Ma server with my characters that are not there. I would like them to be transferred so that I may enjoy the service to its full extent.

More importantly, $25 is way too much. I think $15 is too expensive. $10 would be understandable, but free is still what I'd like to see based on the money that I already pay. At the moment, I am also not getting my money's worth. Content updates that apply to the $15 I spend for content that I'd enjoy have been slim to none. Counting the two events and the single new Warzone, that's three pieces of content over 7 months, which is not the pace that was advertised. If anything, these transfers should be free on good faith and as a good gesture (especially considering that they've already done transfers for free).

I don't consider server merges to be transfers. Those are more like involuntary relocations, which have already occurred. That is BioWare taking it upon itself to create that problem and then go through with it.

Panthorin
08.19.2012 , 08:23 PM | #7
Ok, for those that think it should be free, but all they offered was paid, would you pay?
Heyu, Lv. 50 Scoundrel:Sawbone, Guild: C A P S A N D S P A C E S Server: The Fatman

kirorx
08.19.2012 , 09:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Panthorin View Post
Ok, for those that think it should be free, but all they offered was paid, would you pay?
why do we keep suggesting paying? didnt we just get involuntary transfers. It is not the players fault that their servers died off, now they may be on a server they did not want to play on to begin with

Had they given us the choice between at least 2 servers maybe i could have kept the name i have been using for TOR since KOTOR, one that was being used by a level 12 player when i got to my new server. WTH?

Worse yet we have heard nothing about the toon stuck on these dead servers now that the destination servers are full, what is to become of them?

Tanzee
08.20.2012 , 07:50 AM | #9
I have 2 lvl 50s that were moved when the server shut and would love to have them on the server i actually play on, if i have to pay i would expect it to be minimal as a sub payer from day one, one quesation though does anyone from the company actually ever reply to any of these questions? it would be nice to even know if its in the plans and what timescale for implementation

UrsusSolaris
09.29.2012 , 08:02 PM | #10
I want to mention that Canderous Ordo was wiped out without notification, AFTER I had to consolodate two servers toons onto it.

Suddently I had 14 characters on Jedi Covenant!!!! They moves ALL of my Empire toons to the server I was using for Republic toons. Only mattered because I was on different server so I could enjoy playing the game with my two sons. One in the Navy, one in the Army, one played Sith, the other Jedi!

I feel I got punished when they decided to create "High Capacity" servers!!!! Give the the option to move my toons!!!
"To follow the path, look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, slice through the master, become the master." - Sith version of a Zen Proverb
Dark-Edict.com