Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag in Explosive Conflict

Ahzymandias
08.16.2012 , 06:59 PM | #1
For the last few weeks, my guild and I have been trying to do Hard Mode Explosive Conflict. I say trying because every time we attempt it we have to fight three things on the first boss of the encounter: Toth, Zorn and Lag. At first we thought that due to the time we were raiding was a prime time to raid and there were just too many people, but when we started tonight there were only 17 people in Denova and still we died due to 3-5 second lag spikes. If it was just one or two of us, it would be workable, but when our entire raid group lags at the same time, its game over for us. Additionally, we've talked about it in the Denova general chat and asked other groups and they're having the same problems. Now, I have been able to deal with all the bugs and glitches and hacks that have been in this game since its inception because there has either been a work-around for them or I have had the knowledge that within a week or two, this problem would be fixed. Also, I know posts about this very topic have been brought up in great quantity recently and I have seen the responses about how this issue has been noticed and that it is being worked on internally. But I've gotta be honest, I play with a small group of real-life friends and a good chunk of them have been giving serious thought to quitting this game if they can't do operations anymore due to lag and doing operations is all they log on to do. Given this, if I can't give them some kind of time frame as to when this is going to be fixed they're not likely going to stick around which makes me kind of sad because there are a great many things about this game that I really do enjoy but if they people I enjoy playing it with don't stick around because they can't raid, then sadly I won't have much of a reason to stick around for much longer either. I don't expect to get a response to this and if I do, I expect it to either try and shift the lag blame to us and hear about how its on our end much like the response to the ticket I put in last week did or get the same response that all the other posts have gotten about how a fix is coming someday. I'm just feeling frustrated and feel that I need to put something out there and let you guys know that this problem is not a small one and may end up costing you subscribers sooner rather than later.

Erasmus
08.16.2012 , 07:36 PM | #2
Wall of text crits for 10,000 dmg!

Yes lag has been absolutely terrible in operations ever since the server merge. It is bordering on unplayable, you end up losing ~5-10% of the fight due to lag which makes the enrage timers much more difficult to beat.

I don't think Bioware has even admitted they have a problem...
Erasmus - Light Side

Psyclic
08.16.2012 , 11:28 PM | #3
Lag just prepares you for NiM EC

Seriously though it is beyond a joke now. Taunt lags on Kephess, lag on dropping boulder reticles on T&Z graphics bug on Storm and Fire then place is already at NiM with no need for further development currently.
<Reverence> Dalborra
Psyclic | Saerah | Seelah | Zi'Lanna | Chartre | Vires
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Metalmac
08.16.2012 , 11:54 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
Wall of text crits for 10,000 dmg!

Yes lag has been absolutely terrible in operations ever since the server merge. It is bordering on unplayable, you end up losing ~5-10% of the fight due to lag which makes the enrage timers much more difficult to beat.

I don't think Bioware has even admitted they have a problem...
You can find a link that says they know about it but at the rate they fix things like this it could be next year.

ronniehenlau
08.17.2012 , 12:00 AM | #5
Gah, we did EC HM yday, was up to Kephess, third bomber spawned, everything was going smoothly, then;
'Powertech, grapple him!'
'I already did'
'****, people, start shooting the crap out of him'
'*silence*'
'People?'
'I am hitting my attacks, but nothing is happening'
*5 seconds later*
'Oh, there we go. ****, bomber exploded with 10% hp left.'
'*rage*'

So tired of this -.- Usually we manage to get through the lag, but on kephess, right as the bomber spawns when kephess is down.. that's just not cool.

Shatterheart
08.17.2012 , 02:38 AM | #6
So I opened a ticket about this...and got 15 different solutions that all blamed me or my computer. lol.

Varlam
08.17.2012 , 01:52 PM | #7
If Bioware really wants to improve communication they would in the very least let us know where they are in fixing problems like this. I'm sick and tired of having smoke blown up my rear end with answers like "We are aware of the problem and are working on a fix". I really like this game and want to continue playing for a long time to come and I really don't want to sound like a typical angry forum poster; its just that problems like these make people quit. I don't want people to quit because, like many others, this is my only real outreach to friends and family who have moved apart. It's hard to put into words what I'm feeling right now because I see many of my friends of old and new ones that I've made move on. You are slowly losing your core players and I'm afraid that if enough people leave, the game will be dropped. Please, even if you don't have an update for us, let us know whats going on. That's all we want.

Larry_Dallas
08.17.2012 , 02:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahzymandias View Post
For the last few weeks, my guild and I have been trying to do Hard Mode Explosive Conflict. I say trying because every time we attempt it we have to fight three things on the first boss of the encounter: Toth, Zorn and Lag. At first we thought that due to the time we were raiding was a prime time to raid and there were just too many people, but when we started tonight there were only 17 people in Denova and still we died due to 3-5 second lag spikes. If it was just one or two of us, it would be workable, but when our entire raid group lags at the same time, its game over for us. Additionally, we've talked about it in the Denova general chat and asked other groups and they're having the same problems. Now, I have been able to deal with all the bugs and glitches and hacks that have been in this game since its inception because there has either been a work-around for them or I have had the knowledge that within a week or two, this problem would be fixed. Also, I know posts about this very topic have been brought up in great quantity recently and I have seen the responses about how this issue has been noticed and that it is being worked on internally. But I've gotta be honest, I play with a small group of real-life friends and a good chunk of them have been giving serious thought to quitting this game if they can't do operations anymore due to lag and doing operations is all they log on to do. Given this, if I can't give them some kind of time frame as to when this is going to be fixed they're not likely going to stick around which makes me kind of sad because there are a great many things about this game that I really do enjoy but if they people I enjoy playing it with don't stick around because they can't raid, then sadly I won't have much of a reason to stick around for much longer either. I don't expect to get a response to this and if I do, I expect it to either try and shift the lag blame to us and hear about how its on our end much like the response to the ticket I put in last week did or get the same response that all the other posts have gotten about how a fix is coming someday. I'm just feeling frustrated and feel that I need to put something out there and let you guys know that this problem is not a small one and may end up costing you subscribers sooner rather than later.
I'm curious, are you even able to read this, yourself?

Shatterheart
08.17.2012 , 09:37 PM | #9
I am just curious Larry, are you this much of a **** in real life, or just on forums?

Jedi-Masse
08.18.2012 , 12:48 AM | #10
The lag has been an issue for my guild as well, but at least in our experience, it hasn't made a huge difference whether we complete the instance or not. The lag has caused a few wipes here and there, as well as causing rubber banding abilities.

We've had no issue clearing it every Tuesday for months. I do feel that the developers have had more than enough time to sort this issue out. With the new operation "Terror from Beyond" coming out in September, I really hope they start pushing towards a fix.
Bose Relic
Retired~!