Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why do operations need a lockout?


samsanjo's Avatar


samsanjo
08.14.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1
I am always trying to make an ops group right. I get enough people but then 3 or 4 of them a re locked out. it is so annoying why do they need to be locked out.

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
08.14.2012 , 11:21 PM | #2
So you can't constantly get BH comms.

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
08.14.2012 , 11:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by samsanjo View Post
I am always trying to make an ops group right. I get enough people but then 3 or 4 of them a re locked out. it is so annoying why do they need to be locked out.
because if you can get your guild HM EC geared in a day people wouldn't sub for long?

NoxiousAlby's Avatar


NoxiousAlby
08.15.2012 , 01:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by samsanjo View Post
I am always trying to make an ops group right. I get enough people but then 3 or 4 of them a re locked out. it is so annoying why do they need to be locked out.
The main reason is to extend the raiding life of each new operation that is introduced. Given that EC has only 4 bosses if there wasnt a raid lockout of once per week players would be geared and complaining there was nothing to do 2 weeks after it's introduction. It's bad enough many players are sitting around twiddling their thumbs now waiting for the new OP but the situation would be far worse without raid lockouts.

akakage's Avatar


akakage
08.15.2012 , 01:16 AM | #5
So why not make it lockout on loot then, if the main reasoning behind it is to prevent from people gearing to fast.
Most people that I play with are more then wiling to help other people out(including me) but can't because they have a lockout.

And like the OP said, more often it happens that people are locked out and you have to start searching again.

NoxiousAlby's Avatar


NoxiousAlby
08.15.2012 , 01:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by akakage View Post
So why not make it lockout on loot then, if the main reasoning behind it is to prevent from people gearing to fast.
Most people that I play with are more then wiling to help other people out(including me) but can't because they have a lockout.

And like the OP said, more often it happens that people are locked out and you have to start searching again.
2 options to solve the problem of nom noms joining groups and not realizing they are locked out are
1) Use the FP/OP finder and do SM EV or KP where no one in your group is locked out. Convince BW to add HM EV & KP to the lst
2 Join a raiding guild

I fall into category 2 and we never have the OP's problem, as far as helping other out thats what I use my lvl 50 alts for.

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
08.15.2012 , 01:22 AM | #7
Its not just bout gearing too fast its about how quickly the content goes stale. If you run the same raid over and over every day your gona get sick of it much faster then if you take it in small doses.

Vankris's Avatar


Vankris
08.15.2012 , 03:20 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
2 options to solve the problem of nom noms joining groups and not realizing they are locked out are
1) Use the FP/OP finder and do SM EV or KP where no one in your group is locked out. Convince BW to add HM EV & KP to the lst
2 Join a raiding guild

I fall into category 2 and we never have the OP's problem, as far as helping other out thats what I use my lvl 50 alts for.
i am not sure what you trying to say, you know you have a lockout windows feature in the game that provide information about your lockout AND the lockout of everyone in the operation, once invited, it is easy as pie to find where their lock are at, only need to go to that lockout windows



Quote: Originally Posted by samsanjo View Post
I am always trying to make an ops group right. I get enough people but then 3 or 4 of them a re locked out. it is so annoying why do they need to be locked out.
Lockout are in place to pace the progressions of players. To ensure they don't run five denova per day for those who have that kind of time. It's a fairplay system that everyone, from hardcore to casual, con only run one denova per week. it also limit player burn out.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Kaonis's Avatar


Kaonis
08.15.2012 , 09:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
Its not just bout gearing too fast its about how quickly the content goes stale. If you run the same raid over and over every day your gona get sick of it much faster then if you take it in small doses.
And I'm far more sick of telling an odd member or 2 every week "Sorry you can't raid with us this week because of bad game design" when myself and everyone in my guild is more than willing to run the same ops twice in a row to help someone get through and get their gear. Besides even doing the content once a week and it's grown stale fast. The bottom line is if people need gear from it, then people will run it as many times as needed if it's stale or not to get what they need. So why not allow it so people can do it multiple times a week to help out those who need the gear still.

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
08.15.2012 , 11:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
And I'm far more sick of telling an odd member or 2 every week "Sorry you can't raid with us this week because of bad game design" when myself and everyone in my guild is more than willing to run the same ops twice in a row to help someone get through and get their gear. Besides even doing the content once a week and it's grown stale fast. The bottom line is if people need gear from it, then people will run it as many times as needed if it's stale or not to get what they need. So why not allow it so people can do it multiple times a week to help out those who need the gear still.
Only advice I can give you is to start gearing alts. Best way around lock outs is to get a 2nd raid group going. Currently I have 3 toons running HM EC. Thats 2 times a week usually with my 3rd ending up with a pug or not going at all.