Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Top 3 GTN annoyances


Ms_Sunlight's Avatar


Ms_Sunlight
10.09.2012 , 07:27 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
I find it annoying when people are selling lowbie mats for outrageous prices. Yes I understand that its supply and demand. But I see common level 2 go for 2.5cu in stacks of 50!! You may as well not even list stuff because other crafters can't buy it and make a profit off the things they sell. I'll just not craft that item today and we both lose out on profits. Lower the price and it would all sell...

Level 2 commons for 2.5cu and level 3 commons for 5cu!!!!! This is not an overall example of the entire server economy. Its just an example of crazy pricing by a few low rent gatherers who are a little too ambitious...
They're obviously making money. People love crafting, and twinking their lowbie alts. Hence, high level players with cash buy low level materials at high prices. There are ways to make money consistently on crafting but buying materials on GTN to craft is not it, unless you scour GTN reguarly for people selling at default price. In fact, you can make more money farming low and mid level materials than fron doing dailies, if you can put up with the tedium,
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

Raora's Avatar


Raora
11.20.2012 , 12:36 AM | #82
F2p has dropped prices so much it's annoying.

On the good side, I can now list alot more that just 50 items at a time to make up for the lower prices.

I still have no idea why people list materials in units of 1? Can they not do the math?

Raora's Avatar


Raora
11.29.2012 , 01:26 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
F2p has dropped prices so much it's annoying.

On the good side, I can now list alot more that just 50 items at a time to make up for the lower prices.

I still have no idea why people list materials in units of 1? Can they not do the math?
I have listed more and I'm making alot more now but I have torn through my 3 cargo bays full of reserve resources.

Splaktar's Avatar


Splaktar
11.29.2012 , 04:23 PM | #84
1) Lack of being able to sort out the heavy str and aim gear into different searches. Same for medium cunning vs str gear.

2) Not being able to right click on an item to get its text inserted into the text search box, so that I can see what it is currently listed at.

3) Clicking or double clicking on the right side of the text box (INSIDE THE TEXT BOX) does not register as a click inside the text box. You have to click about 70% from the left to the right or less in order to get it to register.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

Raora's Avatar


Raora
11.30.2012 , 10:57 AM | #85
I would like to see an option to see items listed highest to lowest by cpu rather than just total price.

Lorica's Avatar


Lorica
11.30.2012 , 11:41 AM | #86
"Googlize" the GTN Search function or something. It is a real pain in the ??? looking for a schematic and of course what was listed by the OP.

As for overcrowding, that does not effect me because either I go to another instance or enter my starship. Unfortunately, this also means Bioware will not address overcrowding because there is already an out either through creds or cartel coins to add a GTN Kiosk on board your ships. The good news at this time, it applies to all characters in your legacy.

asbalana's Avatar


asbalana
12.01.2012 , 10:30 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
F2p has dropped prices so much it's annoying.

On the good side, I can now list alot more that just 50 items at a time to make up for the lower prices.

I still have no idea why people list materials in units of 1? Can they not do the math?
I have found that it is spotty. Some thngs went up and other things dropped. The Bio bug kllled the price of Mutagenic Paste although over the last few days it is starting to come back. I am selling a ton of crafted gear in addition to my usual mats and making a ton of credits from them. I never bothered with that before the f2p hit.

I think that all in all prices have actually increased. I am on Harbinger and deal in mats at all levels and from all crew skills.

I have seen a lot of crazy low listings (your ballpark) where I have bought and relisted and made a killing as well.

As far as people listing one item at a time, I just ignore them and page through the first few pages of listings. I can't comprehend why (especially with the limited GTN interface) anyone would take the timee to list one item at a time, but to each their own. LOL, they will never make a million credits one listing at a time.

Raora's Avatar


Raora
12.02.2012 , 12:13 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
I have found that it is spotty. Some thngs went up and other things dropped. The Bio bug kllled the price of Mutagenic Paste although over the last few days it is starting to come back. I am selling a ton of crafted gear in addition to my usual mats and making a ton of credits from them. I never bothered with that before the f2p hit.

I think that all in all prices have actually increased. I am on Harbinger and deal in mats at all levels and from all crew skills.

I have seen a lot of crazy low listings (your ballpark) where I have bought and relisted and made a killing as well.

As far as people listing one item at a time, I just ignore them and page through the first few pages of listings. I can't comprehend why (especially with the limited GTN interface) anyone would take the timee to list one item at a time, but to each their own. LOL, they will never make a million credits one listing at a time.
you are right, somethings have gone up but used to be staples of selling for 1200cpu like polyplast and electrum now sell for 650-800cpu range

chimex's Avatar


chimex
12.02.2012 , 03:27 AM | #89
People who overprice to the extreme. Example, a green level 7 +1 crit crystal (blue band item) for 5k. Who the hell at lvl 7 is going to afford/be stupid enough to buy that?!
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

LordMordeth's Avatar


LordMordeth
12.02.2012 , 08:52 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
People who overprice to the extreme. Example, a green level 7 +1 crit crystal (blue band item) for 5k. Who the hell at lvl 7 is going to afford/be stupid enough to buy that?!
This for me along with other kind of stupid pricing a la:

Item X priced @ 10,000 credits
Item X priced @ 9,999 credits

And so on.. i mean honestly, does that ever work? Cos if i need something and just have to use the GTN and checking the prices i see that crap i will always buy the more expensive one as if people honestly think their massive 'discount' draws buyers, eh..