Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas on how to Fix PvP and bring the fun back!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ideas on how to Fix PvP and bring the fun back!

Siorac
08.13.2012 , 09:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Yes and no, because you're going to be getting grouped with people of similar ratings, after enough games the good players will float to the top and the bad players will continue to squaler where they belong. For long seasons ( like what I expect will be happening such as the case with preseason) this will create the seperation of people so everyone gets a somewhat competitive match based on their ratings. Bad people will not continue to get carried up to infect the higher ranks. It just takes a long time, but trust me it will be worth it once everyone is geared.
How would you - and how will Bioware, while we're at it - determine an individual player's rating once solo queueing is possible?

KhalDrogoe
08.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
How about no? Why would you bother suggesting to remove 8 man queue's? Why not just ask for a solo queue also?

I'm just suggesting to make the 8-man queue as a server ranking system instead of the only way to earn RWZ comms.

No it will be a frustrating pug crap storm like normal pvp is. There's a reason people like competitive pvp is because when everyones in equal gear it becomes a skill factor sir.

By having queued in groups of rating based on solo queue, the system is going to weed out the bad players for you. Hence giving each match a more competitive feel.

You do realize this is a team play objective based pvp system right? It should be whoever coordinates better does better.

You're aware of what's been happening in ACW and NC. This isn't competitive in a healthy way. By adding something random it gives it a different feel EVERY match instead of the same experience every time. (If I wanted to do the same thing over and over again I would do Operations/flash points)

You mean by having solo only queue it will drive away any real competition between guilds or groups of players...

See server rankings section.

Well maybe you should put in the dedication or learn to queue dodge them huh? Get the team comp and learn to play with one another.

Telling me to exploit bad mechanics in game is not the RIGHT answer.

No, just no. JUST NO. Worst system to get gear ever for any MMO.

It was only bad when there wasn't a way to earn them OTHER THAN the % of it dropping. Adding a way to upgrade all the comms you're getting would be better. 5 BM baggs reward 75 champ comms, therefore make 1 BM comm require 75 champ comms. IMO warzone comms should be spent on consumables and all that other cosmetic stuff. It shouldn't be used exclusivly to upgrade all your gear. Besides the bags rewards performance not time grinding.

TOTES all we need is more people to stop attacking or not using their CC to cap the turret.
Oh woo more ball hogs in normal pvp.
Much better pvp dailies and weeklys can be made up then this... like ones that require OW pvp.

Instead of just trashing the idea, why don't you add your own thoughts and give some suggestions that would be better. Just by adding that you think a suggestion is garbage isn't enough to scratch the idea. Provide alternatives or suggestions to improve on the idea.

No not everyone has access to this.

Um.. If you can level a toon to 50, and can spare 15,000 credits you can afford this/have access to this... It's a legacy reward.

's your own fault if you're capped... should probably pay attention.
It's your own fault if you don't have these you should probably pay attention

Terrible response. Nothing constructive here. Surely the people queueing for warzones to repair can't be anyworse than the leavers/queue dodgers we have now. And with legacy vendors it's way to easy to ask someone in your group to whip one out.
By just stating your opinion isn't enough. Give reasons/facts why each is good and bad.

KhalDrogoe
08.13.2012 , 10:00 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
How would you - and how will Bioware, while we're at it - determine an individual player's rating once solo queueing is possible?
After let's say 500 games, bad players are not going to be winning all of those games, which will keep their rating lower. Good players will only improve higher in the rating when they're grouped with other good players.

KhalDrogoe
08.13.2012 , 02:05 PM | #14
After let's say 500 games, bad players are not going to be winning all of those games, which will keep their rating lower. Good players will only improve higher in the rating when they're grouped with other good players.
Thus seperating the good players from the bad players. It doesn't happen right away, as everyone is mixed up at the beginning. But as the season continues on the players will fall naturally in their place according to their skill.

Brool
08.13.2012 , 02:51 PM | #15
Honestly didnt read a single thing in you're thread. Just wanted to state my feelings.

PvP isnt broke, and I have plenty of fun.

ps. I solo queue.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

prodigyqnz
08.13.2012 , 03:04 PM | #16
Ranked warzones Contributed to the death of PVP. People got smashed out and couldnt take it. Warzones in its entirety Also killed PVP. The same old repetative matchs holding with same few people gets old real fast. This game needs multiple open world locations for 20+ vs 20+ to be viable again.. The reward system has to be taken out of a queue and put into a pvp adventure. Setting out into the Universe to fight in this Galactic ware Empire vs Republic.. Reclaiming planets for your faction holding them for rewards or defending them for rewards or capturing them for rewards.. Either Valor that decays over time that has abilities attached. Or Pvp quests that give commendations towards rewards. Allow high end gear to be craftable.. put expertise on PVP Items that cannot be crafted such as Relics , Ear piece , Implants , Offhands. Between 200-210 expertise each piece roughly 1200+ when fully acquired. Can also add Set bonus to these items as well. And if so chosen make PVE versions of these items for PVE'rs.. This allows to not have to grind 18 million diffrent armor sets to do either pvp or pve. Just the " Jewelry" stuff.
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are.. a different game you should play... --Yoda
Prophecy | Pröphet | Profit | Professìonal etc... 20x55's and bored...
(used to be)The Fatman

KhalDrogoe
08.14.2012 , 06:22 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by prodigyqnz View Post
Ranked warzones Contributed to the death of PVP. People got smashed out and couldnt take it. Warzones in its entirety Also killed PVP. The same old repetative matchs holding with same few people gets old real fast. This game needs multiple open world locations for 20+ vs 20+ to be viable again.. The reward system has to be taken out of a queue and put into a pvp adventure. Setting out into the Universe to fight in this Galactic ware Empire vs Republic.. Reclaiming planets for your faction holding them for rewards or defending them for rewards or capturing them for rewards.. Either Valor that decays over time that has abilities attached. Or Pvp quests that give commendations towards rewards. Allow high end gear to be craftable.. put expertise on PVP Items that cannot be crafted such as Relics , Ear piece , Implants , Offhands. Between 200-210 expertise each piece roughly 1200+ when fully acquired. Can also add Set bonus to these items as well. And if so chosen make PVE versions of these items for PVE'rs.. This allows to not have to grind 18 million diffrent armor sets to do either pvp or pve. Just the " Jewelry" stuff.
I recall something similar to this in Star Wars Galaxies. Which I think they did a good job when they implemented it.

The Battle For Reustes.

Basically they set up a PvP hub for both factions in the form of a bunker. Which was not accessible to the other faction.

Each bunker had NPC's that offered repeatable missions that sent players out into the PvP area. The missions had everything from killing NPC's/Players, killing a world boss that dropped the Jinsu Razor, space missions, farming clickables. Whenever you finished a quest you turned it in for rewards. The thing is, every quest put you in direct fire of enemy NPC's or enemy players.

I like this idea. It could turn into the new PvP Utopia.

prodigyqnz
08.14.2012 , 07:05 AM | #18
I recall something similar to this in Star Wars Galaxies. Which I think they did a good job when they implemented it.

The Battle For Reustes.

Basically they set up a PvP hub for both factions in the form of a bunker. Which was not accessible to the other faction.

Each bunker had NPC's that offered repeatable missions that sent players out into the PvP area. The missions had everything from killing NPC's/Players, killing a world boss that dropped the Jinsu Razor, space missions, farming clickables. Whenever you finished a quest you turned it in for rewards. The thing is, every quest put you in direct fire of enemy NPC's or enemy players.

I like this idea. It could turn into the new PvP Utopia.
Almost right but there was no place in SWG where the other faction couldn't follow you to kill you. The only place you were safe was inside your private house.. or Non PVP Space. Only people barred from PVP zone were Neutrals.
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are.. a different game you should play... --Yoda
Prophecy | Pröphet | Profit | Professìonal etc... 20x55's and bored...
(used to be)The Fatman

mangarrage
08.14.2012 , 07:42 AM | #19
As I appreciate your zeal, its too late

People who consider themselves real pvper or people who play games solely to pvp, no longer play this game and they will never play it again.
It is almost impossible to understand as a pvper how a major faction of any game gets pretty much ignored in creation and then gets taken away the only chance at any real pvp.
In addition never a peep after ilum goes down does anyone mention any solution again

This game is barren of real pvpers, so fixing is really a waste of time, but they already knew that

Trauglodyte
08.14.2012 , 09:14 AM | #20
The problem is, even if you're a good player, you're still going to have an equal chance of getting queued with bad players or groups with no healers. This past saturday, I played about 20 games as a solo queue. I won 2 of them. That isn't because I'm bad like the rest of my team - I'm not. But when you're grouped with a bunch of people in recruit gear, mixed PvE greens, and no healers, even in full modded WH gear, I can't do enough to swing the balance. So, by your suggestion, I would have a crappy bottom level rating because of those 20 games instead of rising to the top where I should be.

Again, reducing the queue to solo only puts you at the mercy of the random group builder and at the mercy of random gear and skill level of your other 7 teammates. Hell, right now, you can't be guaranteed of having a full group let along being grouped with 7 people of equal gear and skill.
To die is simply to end the cycle of pain!