Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Thousand Papercuts

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

08.14.2012 , 11:48 AM | #21
Power Auras mod.

Either let me use the mod, or re-implement similar functionality in your game. They got it right, you got it really, really wrong.

08.14.2012 , 11:49 AM | #22
Show me what the rewards are for missions in my log.

08.14.2012 , 11:52 AM | #23
Don't make me respawn outside of an instance when I die.

The 3-minute-long load screens are horrible.

08.14.2012 , 12:06 PM | #24
Quick Travel is restricted in certain areas.

Why do I need to run through the air lock, down the elevator, and out the front door of the space station before I can use Quick Travel?

08.14.2012 , 12:21 PM | #25
In-Game Combat Log

It should show me all the same information that's already being written to the log file.

Short of alt-tabbing out of the game, uploading a file to a 3rd party web site, and reviewing my incoming damage for the past 3 minutes, I have no way of knowing if I'm "Standing in the Fire". Floating combat text is not sufficient when there are multiple sources of damage at the same time.

08.14.2012 , 12:25 PM | #26
A map that isn't horribly limited.

If I'm on the station, I should be able to browse to the map of Tatooine. I should be able to browse to the Dune Sea section from the "World Map" section without having to first find a door icon that I need to click into and then back out of.

08.14.2012 , 12:26 PM | #27
While on the subject of bad maps, perhaps the ability to add annotations to the maps would be nice.

08.14.2012 , 12:27 PM | #28
Stop closing my inventory window.

If I have my inventory open before I talk to a vendor, it should remain open after I close the vendor window.

08.14.2012 , 12:55 PM | #29
My biggest issues and I hope they address above all else, given the supposed recommended specs to play this game:

- Load times are too long, and too frequent at times. It makes it undesirable to go anywhere outside of the fleet/main hubs. I also end up restarting my game after a while because performance gets bad if I load too many planets/areas, or relog too much.
- FPS freezing when opening various UI elements, leveling up, discovering a new area, companion dialog triggers when traveling and so on.
- General performance problems increase as the player population increases in an area, or logged into the server. Even if you're not in the same area!
- Logging in invisible and staying that way, or logging in and having others invisible. Usually during peak population hours.
- Logging in and having broken animations until restarting the game. Usually during peak population hours.

Other things I have problems with:

- No chairs that are usable to sit on.
- Excessive range on non-custom emotes.
- Custom emotes cannot be seen by opposite faction, while /say and non-custom emotes can be. (All should be equally visible.)
- Few pants for consulars/inquisitors and a general lack of variety (ie: too many re-textured armor models) and styles to wear per armor/class type. No robes/dresses for anyone non-force using outside of a few social items?
- Social points being too hard to earn without mind-numbing reruns of Esseles/Black Talon. There is a Social X apparently?! Does anyone ever make it that far?
- Too pricey to move mods about, too pricey for training, too pricey Legacy perks and so on. Wow, high expenses everywhere!
- Lack of any sort of dual-spec option, likely leading to less tanks and healers (especially of certain classes) in the Group Finder content pre-50. Probably because most people find leveling as DPS easier/quicker.
- Pureblood tendrils clipping with face pieces, many head pieces you'd think would be visible on miraluka aren't.
- Voice modulation applied on head pieces that have no mouth covering!
- Hood up/down toggle for you and companion.
- Inability to preview weapons in the visual preview window for gear. Oh, and that window sometimes seems too small to see details, and does NOT take into account Unify Colors.
- The tails on some clothing pieces fluctuating between being stiff, or hanging loose like they are supposed to when you're character is moving about. In the gear preview, cloaks/tails always look stiff.
- Need more hairstyles, faces and other customizable options available to all applicable races (not just humans!) What about a height adjustment? A truly round female, like the males get? A short female? Etc.
- The /who list/search function and window displaying the wrong results, duplicate results or even characters from the opposite faction!

I'll add more as I think of them.

08.14.2012 , 01:16 PM | #30
why is it that this thread makes me want to quit, more then add little problems I experience?

Seeing them all in one thread, here after 8 months, just makes me shake my head somewhat sadly.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five