Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Thousand Papercuts

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jandoon
08.14.2012 , 06:13 AM | #11
This one is a bit more than a papercut, but gotta mention respawn times for mission objectives. These really has to go down across the board, makes for a lot of annoyance when questing, and will only be worse when there's an influx of F2Pers. Get the impression that most missions that require an objective to be picked up or interacted with are designed with the mindset that no more than two people will do them at a time.

Edit: The republic puzzle for the event treasure on Coruscant is case and point.

bobmcbo
08.14.2012 , 07:38 AM | #12
We should also be able to unify colors and hide the head slot on our companions. Sure, I'm looking great compared to before that update, but my companion still looks like a clown.
.never forget

cyrus_krell
08.14.2012 , 08:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandoon
Here's another: NPC bystander conversations that you keep hearing even if you move away. You keep hearing them even if you're on a speeder halfway across the planet.
I find this also incredibly annoying, and it's obviously a bit bugged. Hopefully it can be addressed.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial
I have to say...I agree with every single point made here except for one: I don't mind the way the outfits look. This is what, ~3000 BBY? Fashion trends change. =P
I wouldn't mind normal looking gear in addition to the current gear, though.
Absolutely. To each their own.

I don't want to remove the armor sets that are already present as I'm sure there are people that like them. As I said, it's a matter of personal taste. But I do think there should be more armor sets in line with the grander Star Wars theme of form following function and practicality.

That said, would I say no to an armor style lit up in the vein of Tron: Legacy's costumes? I can't say I would, lol. I think it'd look cool, but that's just a personal taste thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial
EDIT: to add my own complaint:
With Pureblood Sith and Kaleesh, the lower part of their faces clips through their chestpieces.
I've noticed this, too, and have forgotten it as I don't use Xalek on my Inquisitor. Good catch!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jandoon
This one is a bit more than a papercut, but gotta mention respawn times for mission objectives. These really has to go down across the board, makes for a lot of annoyance when questing, and will only be worse when there's an influx of F2Pers. Get the impression that most missions that require an objective to be picked up or interacted with are designed with the mindset that no more than two people will do them at a time.
This is annoying to me, too. However, my usual workaround is to wait for an area to get populated enough to switch phases. My guess is that, with the influx of F2P folks, more areas are likely to have more phases. Of course, it's also possible that the developers could lower the player cap for areas that are particularly busy in order to mitigate respawn issues. Lowering respawn timers could help, but I have to wonder if there might be other solutions we have yet to consider.

Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
We should also be able to unify colors and hide the head slot on our companions. Sure, I'm looking great compared to before that update, but my companion still looks like a clown.
They've actually stated recently that they've been working on this and it should be included with the next update. Probably a major update, rather than a collection of bugfixes.

Amuntet
08.14.2012 , 11:33 AM | #14
The ability to save a hotbar configuration.
I'd like to be able to save my hotbars, layout, which abilities are in which slots, hotkey bindings, etc; so that when I respec or change roles, I can reload the appropriate hotbar configuration.

If my companion was out when I mounted up, then it should still there when I dismount
Far too often you dismount and your companion does not reappear, even though you meet the requirements to summon them. e.g. This happens while in a group with one other person very often.

Scroll panes in crafting windows scroll too slowly when using the mouse wheel
I'm sure there are other examples where this is also the case.

I have many more simple suggestions in subsequent posts in this thread. Below are some of my rantings about balance and poor game design.

Holding aggro is far too reliant on taunting.
Tanks do pathetically little damage. Holding aggro very often devolves into taunt... wait 15 seconds... taunt... Save for maybe the first couple seconds of a fight. Your damaging abilities are virtually meaningless in comparison to the effectiveness of taunting every 15 seconds.

Far too many mobs are ranged (about 90%)
...with far too few tools for dealing with them. Again, as a tank, I'm not in control of my destiny. I can really only occupy one mob for more than 2 seconds. I just kind of stand around playing with my new friend until the rest of the group cleans up and gets around to me. If it weren't for boss fights, you'd be better off with 3 dps instead of a tank and 2 dps.

Amuntet
08.14.2012 , 11:35 AM | #15
Cast-through ability activation

If I have an enemy targeted, and it has a friendly player targeted, I should be able to cast Intercede without manually switching targets first and then manually switching back to my previous target.

Amuntet
08.14.2012 , 11:37 AM | #16
Ability to save talent specs, so that when my talents are all refunded, I can choose a previously-saved spec, have my talent choices filled in, then I can review them, make changes if I want, and commit.

Amuntet
08.14.2012 , 11:37 AM | #17
Ability to Quick Travel onto my ship.

Amuntet
08.14.2012 , 11:41 AM | #18
Ability to equip a pre-configured set of gear with a single command or button click.

Rift's /saveequip and /loadequip functions work perfectly for donning all of your pvp gear before entering a warzone.

bobmcbo
08.14.2012 , 11:41 AM | #19
Tank companions should have more of a use in world pvp than just tying up the other companion. Maybe their taunt should work similar to player taunts.
.never forget

Amuntet
08.14.2012 , 11:44 AM | #20
/who <player name> should work.

Along with other relevant search and/or filter criteria.

Don't make me open the social window, click in the text field, and erase whatever text is already in there.

And more often than not I need to search twice in a row because the first search simply returns the whole who list again. i.e. fix your bugs.